eldritchcakepop

Market Prices Change More Slowly

While I think the 100 shard per week limit is perfectly reasonable, I personally feel like it still sometimes presents a problem when you're saving for something on the market that may fluctuate actively in price from week to week, like rare eggs. This sometimes creates this problem of trying to save up for an item that you could almost afford last week only to discover that by the time rollover happens, you're 100 shards short; and you end up coming up short again and again and again.

I know prices for most things eventually settle, I still think that the weekly change is arbitrary, and I doubt that changing the price shifts to happen every other week would have a serious effect on trades or the rarity index in general, since you can't trade market eggs anyway.

Edited by eldritchcakepop
Learned that the market prices change daily, fixing misleading title

The prices change according to demand; I think it's almost automatic (ratios). They often stay static for absolutely ages. It works both ways; I was saving for golds and the price went DOWN and I managed to get two. I don't really see a need for a change and I doubt very much if we would really notice,

Market prices change daily, it's just that the Watching the Market thread checks in on Sundays when the shard cap rolls over.

But y'know. No matter how often prices change, you'll always eventually have someone who has almost enough for the current price, and then it changes. The only way to prevent that would be to have permanently fixed prices, but I think the changing prices makes the market a bit more interesting.

I agree with Fuzz and Stromboli. Since the prices are meant to fluctuate, I don't see how this suggestion will really do anything to help people who are a few shards short because there's always going to be a user that can't afford something no matter when prices change.

I don't think a fixed price will help either since everyone has their own perception of what the different dragon breeds should cost. 

Really, the dragons aren't going anywhere and I don't think the market will ever actually be empty, so users can wait until they can afford dragons to be able to buy them. It's kind of silly to apply the "I need it now" mentality to the market.  I know for me, I've never caught a gold in the cave in my 10 plus years of playing. So waiting to afford to buy one is an easy compromise. 

I don't really see the need? Even if a price goes up, it's rarely more than 100 or 200 at a time. That's only 1-2 more weeks worth of shards. So, price goes up, you just wait another week or two. With rares it already takes a good handful of months to save up that much, is one or two extra weeks really a big deal? I also don't see how this would actually change much... As others said, no matter when the prices change, whether it's every week or every 2 weeks or even once a month, users are still going to run into that same issue of nearly having enough to buy something and then having the price change. It might be different users, or happen at different times, but it will still happen.

I never said anything about a fixed price-- I actually agree that the market prices should fluctuate. I just think they should do it maybe a bit slower.

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't really see a need for a change and I doubt very much if we would really notice

If we wouldn't notice, then what's the harm in dialing it back?

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

It's kind of silly to apply the "I need it now" mentality to the market. 

It's not really about "I need it now," it's more "I've been close to affording this for a month or more but I forgot to log in a couple times this week/didn't make the shard cap and now this egg is too expensive for me again."

I don't know about other people, but I'm not actually playing DC every single day, a lot of the time I have other stuff to think about so I just let my eggs/hatchies be and totally forget to log in. It looks a bit like being punished for inactivity, but that's not central to the topic so I'm not going into it. What I will say is that slowing the rate of change will make things more forgiving on players who may not cap their shards consistently. (Yes, I know it's not a high bar to set, but not everyone is going to play every single day/do all the requisite stuff to get to 100 each week.)

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I don't see how this suggestion will really do anything to help people who are a few shards short because there's always going to be a user that can't afford something no matter when prices change.

Yes, there are always going to be people short, but slowing down the rate of change gives people more of a chance to save between fluctuations. I think that would ultimately result in more people being able to afford the rarer eggs in a more timely fashion if they've been saving.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

With rares it already takes a good handful of months to save up that much, is one or two extra weeks really a big deal?

It kind of is when "one or two extra weeks" turns into another month, and another, and another because the price refuses to plateau until it's astronomically high (see: chickens, magmas). With just a teeny bit of extra time to catch up on shards, it could bring people incrementally closer to their goals. See also: the above bit about people who may not log in every day or cap their shards every week.

28 minutes ago, eldritchcakepop said:

It kind of is when "one or two extra weeks" turns into another month, and another, and another because the price refuses to plateau until it's astronomically high (see: chickens, magmas).

Chickens and magmas were astronomically high when the market was created. They were over 5k at that point. Golds were formerly 4.2k and now are barely over half that. The only dragons that have really risen are either common dragons, dragons people collect for zombies/bsas, or newer dragons, which makes sense because they get rarer over time as more and more people collect them. At the moment I don't believe the market has a set time of increase at all; it went up midday the Sunday golds could first be purchased, and I've spotted changes what look like midweek. Forcing it to stall might have it just end up shooting up 200 shards in the second week instead of 100 shards two weeks in a row.

Neutral, because I can see how it would help to have a goal stay still for a while, but also I can see it becoming false hope if the market rubberbands from the delay.

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, eldritchcakepop said:

Yes, there are always going to be people short, but slowing down the rate of change gives people more of a chance to save between fluctuations. I think that would ultimately result in more people being able to afford the rarer eggs in a more timely fashion if they've been saving.

That's assuming the prices only go up. They do also go down. As I said - I was saving for golds and suddenly realised that they had shot down and I could buy now, rather than saving as much as I thought I had to.

Whenever a change happens it will always be the day before you thought you were going to have enough. It's sod's law.  But if you don't log on every day - all you need to do is breed a load to the AP when you are on line,. and your shards will rocket.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

not everyone is going to play every single day/do all the requisite stuff to get to 100 each week

Grab egg from cave (5 shards), grab egg from AP (1 shard), breed (2 shards), hatch (3 shards), raise to adulthood (3 shards).

You don't need to play every single day, really. You can max out your shards  within half an hour or so by just filling your scroll with whatever eggs you like, care for them, breed some eggs and/or maybe search the AP for pretty things (you can drop back what you don't like - won't lose any shards) ... doesn't take that much, really.

If you don't feel like putting in a bit of time for playing, then well, you'll probably have to rely on luck for your exclusive rares. It's just the same for not spending hours in the cave for them (or monies for a better internet connection), except that with shards, at some point that exclusive rare comes within reach for you, independent of your or other people's luck or internet connection. But a bit of playing is still required - and should be worth it by itself, because, why else play this game if you don't, well, play it?

I'm still learning about the changes made to the site in my absence, but I seem to gather 100 points within a few hours as soon as they reset. I haven't had much time to observe price fluctuations but it would be nice if shard collections reflected a percentage of my activity, rather than a flat 100 points for the week. It would allow some of us who are on slow connections to work faster on the breeds we are too slow to catch in the Cave.

It kind of is when "one or two extra weeks" turns into another month, and another, and another because the price refuses to plateau until it's astronomically high (see: chickens, magmas). With just a teeny bit of extra time to catch up on shards, it could bring people incrementally closer to their goals. See also: the above bit about people who may not log in every day or cap their shards every week.

Is that *actually* something that happens often, or is it one of those things that only *seems* to happen often because it happened a couple times when you were actually noticing the prices? Seriously asking, because I've been following that Market Price thread since the beginning and don't remember *ever* seeing that happen en-mass. Ever. That's just not really how the Market behaves. Golds, for instances, have been steadily going down the past few months, with only one or two 100-shard raises that quickly got negated by decreases. Chickens are over 1k *less* than they used to be back in 2018. Actually doing a few specific searches in the Market thread shows that prices are fluctuating, yes, but I don't see *any* rare that has consistently gone *up* week after week, in a long long time. 

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Chickens and magmas were astronomically high when the market was created. They were over 5k at that point. Golds were formerly 4.2k and now are barely over half that. The only dragons that have really risen are either common dragons, dragons people collect for zombies/bsas, or newer dragons, which makes sense because they get rarer over time as more and more people collect them. At the moment I don't believe the market has a set time of increase at all; it went up midday the Sunday golds could first be purchased, and I've spotted changes what look like midweek. Forcing it to stall might have it just end up shooting up 200 shards in the second week instead of 100 shards two weeks in a row.

Neutral, because I can see how it would help to have a goal stay still for a while, but also I can see it becoming false hope if the market rubberbands from the delay.

(bolding for emphasis) This, also. Forcing Market prices to update less often is *not* the same as forcing them to fluctuate differently. If Golds, for instance, are supposed to be increasing in price due to whatever internal calculations, stalling that a few weeks only means that price increase will be more drastic when it finally does happen. 

(Also, what RubyEyes said. Seriously, it's not hard to hit that tiny 100-shard cap. I literally do it in less than 24 hours sometimes. Not being able to play every day means nothing, really. If you are able to play enough to notice Market prices and want certain breeds, that's most likely plenty of time to breed a handful of dragons and grab a handful of eggs. If you are playing so infrequently that you regularly can't hit such a small cap, well that's your choice and your experience, but it's no reason to change the Market itself.)

edit: @dragongrrl That's a nice idea in principle, but quickly runs into problems unless strict caps are maintained. In other threads I have been very open about just how much I play DC, I have literally calculated how many shards I could earn if it were based on play-time. There could definitely be some interesting ideas fleshed out in regards to 'percentage of activity', but it would still have to cap at some point. Some fairly low point, really. 100 shards per week is something done very purposefully by TJ with specific time-frames in mind for getting 'rares' and such, any substantial increase in shard-earning would also force Market prices up substantially to compensate. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If you don't feel like putting in a bit of time for playing, [...]

I addressed this in my previous post, but It's not a matter of "I don't feel like it," it's a matter of not everyone being 100% invested in this game all the time. By extension of this point...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

[...] why else play this game if you don't, well, play it?

If I wanted to feel like I was on a treadmill, I'd play an MMORPG, not a browser game; but I'm deviating from the topic here though so it's probably best if I leave off that part of the debate right here. That's as far as I'll address the time investment part of the discussion because that was not my primary basis for this suggestion so much as a consideration that kind of stands next to it.

Getting back on point, yes, it's a casual game with a low time investment, but also a slow-paced one with a pretty stagnant trade market (IMO, but that's just my experience in trading within the last few months), so why not have price changes reflect the generally sluggish pace of that market?

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

I haven't had much time to observe price fluctuations but it would be nice if shard collections reflected a percentage of my activity, rather than a flat 100 points for the week. It would allow some of us who are on slow connections to work faster on the breeds we are too slow to catch in the Cave.

I dig this idea, particularly as a consideration for people on slow connections, but I also agree with @HeatherMarie that it would take some adjusting around. Still, it would be interesting to weigh as an option.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Forcing it to stall might have it just end up shooting up 200 shards in the second week instead of 100 shards two weeks in a row.

Are the ratios on which the prices increased fixed? Regardless, very few things seem to change sharply in value within a week or two barring a situation like, let's say, parent breeds for a new hybrid if one were to be released.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is that *actually* something that happens often, or is it one of those things that only *seems* to happen often because it happened a couple times when you were actually noticing the prices? Seriously asking, because I've been following that Market Price thread since the beginning and don't remember *ever* seeing that happen en-mass.

I won't claim that it's ever happened en-masse, but I will say that it's an empirical observation on some of the rares. It doesn't only seem to happen, though I can't exactly call on the people of the forum to back me up on this at large. I have only have my own experience to vouch for me unless someone else chimes in on this and have experienced this weird price chase on rares particularly multiple times in the time I've spent playing this game.

Edited by eldritchcakepop

3 hours ago, eldritchcakepop said:

It's not really about "I need it now," it's more "I've been close to affording this for a month or more but I forgot to log in a couple times this week/didn't make the shard cap and now this egg is too expensive for me again."

I don't know about other people, but I'm not actually playing DC every single day, a lot of the time I have other stuff to think about so I just let my eggs/hatchies be and totally forget to log in. It looks a bit like being punished for inactivity, but that's not central to the topic so I'm not going into it. What I will say is that slowing the rate of change will make things more forgiving on players who may not cap their shards consistently. (Yes, I know it's not a high bar to set, but not everyone is going to play every single day/do all the requisite stuff to get to 100 each week.)

From these responses, it looks like a lot of the desire for this change stems from not having x amount of shards from not playing/being active as opposed to the prices being too high or unobtainable because of fluctuations. I agree that players shouldn't have to play every day, but you really can hit your hundred shard limit in a few hours if you just pick a day to be active or something else. There's also cave hunting/trading/gifting to turn to if you can't afford to buy something right away. Most of my CB rares were actually gifts...and I do my best to trade rares for things that everyone can have access to regardless of their play level.

Like others, I worry about the market yoyo-ing because it has to adjust to a set "two week" time frame. A lot of activity can happen in two weeks, especially if the price change happens to fall around a new release or a season change or a holiday or something of that nature.

If there was more evidence that this would really help people, I'd be more on board. But right now it seems like a band-aid for not being extremely active and you're assuming that two weeks will help you to catch up to where you think you should be in terms of collecting shards. 

Edited by Jazeki
wording

Overall neutral. I find the price fluctuation to be annoying, personally, and wouldn't mind it slowing down, but the prices are tied to the population ratios which almost everyone already knows need fixing.

5 hours ago, eldritchcakepop said:

Regardless, very few things seem to change sharply in value within a week or two barring a situation like, let's say, parent breeds for a new hybrid if one were to be released.

True, which makes me wonder what exactly you've been earning for that stays out of reach, because glancing at the market tracker thread the only dragon that's gone up consistently in the last month has been stateraes. Everything else aside from harvests and fleshcrownes has been more or less stable, with some increased fluctuations on release weeks.

38 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

True, which makes me wonder what exactly you've been earning for that stays out of reach, because glancing at the market tracker thread the only dragon that's gone up consistently in the last month has been stateraes. Everything else aside from harvests and fleshcrownes has been more or less stable, with some increased fluctuations on release weeks.

The OP has specifically mentioned chickens and magmas, although they might be wrongly assuming those rather high prices are the product of consistent increases instead of simply being very high-priced in the beginning (and actually decreasing substantially, in the case of chickens).  While I agree in general that Magmas are priced ridiculously high especially compared to real rares, I just haven't seen the type of increases the OP seems to be talking about. 

Re-reading this thread it definitely seems to be more about not consistently getting max shards each week, and therefore taking longer to reach a price goal. That's really not the Market's problem, and I don't see how simply staggering *when* the prices change will help with that. The prices will still change, possibly more drastically than a simple +/-100, and people who aren't getting their max shards are still going to fall short. Honestly, the *only* real ways to be able to afford a rare dragon faster is (a) increase the weekly shard limit or (b) substantially lower the cost of rares. (A) won't help for OP's issue since they aren't hitting the current max shards, and (b) is probably about as likely as all my dragons spontaneously turning into golds, lol. 

10 hours ago, eldritchcakepop said:

I addressed this in my previous post, but It's not a matter of "I don't feel like it," it's a matter of not everyone being 100% invested in this game all the time. By extension of this point...

If I wanted to feel like I was on a treadmill, I'd play an MMORPG, not a browser game; but I'm deviating from the topic here though so it's probably best if I leave off that part of the debate right here. That's as far as I'll address the time investment part of the discussion because that was not my primary basis for this suggestion so much as a consideration that kind of stands next to it.

One day, when I wanted to buy some of the new Xenos in case the price did rise, I had used all but 20 of my shards. I bred to the AP, maxed out and bought one in under half an hour. You don't have to be very invested to do that. You say you want to buy things in the market - spend half an hour once a week and you have the shards. As to:

it would be nice if shard collections reflected a percentage of my activity, rather than a flat 100 points for the week. It would allow some of us who are on slow connections to work faster on the breeds we are too slow to catch in the Cave.

That would REALLY benefit people like me, who DO spend a lot of time on the game. And also disadvantage people like you, who don't.

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

The OP has specifically mentioned chickens and magmas, although they might be wrongly assuming those rather high prices are the product of consistent increases instead of simply being very high-priced in the beginning (and actually decreasing substantially, in the case of chickens).  While I agree in general that Magmas are priced ridiculously high especially compared to real rares, I just haven't seen the type of increases the OP seems to be talking about. 

Re-reading this thread it definitely seems to be more about not consistently getting max shards each week, and therefore taking longer to reach a price goal. That's really not the Market's problem, and I don't see how simply staggering *when* the prices change will help with that. The prices will still change, possibly more drastically than a simple +/-100, and people who aren't getting their max shards are still going to fall short. Honestly, the *only* real ways to be able to afford a rare dragon faster is (a) increase the weekly shard limit or (b) substantially lower the cost of rares. (A) won't help for OP's issue since they aren't hitting the current max shards, and (b) is probably about as likely as all my dragons spontaneously turning into golds, lol. 

Exactly this. We can max out on an average connection in half an hour - so if someone really has a slow connection, double that. Not a huge time investment, especially from someone who says they want to be able to buy.

I don't understand magmas either, - the same is true of thunders and ices - but I don't think they have gone  up - they seem to have stayed pretty steady, if you look at the tracking thread.

From an old post by TJ09:

{snip}:

• Things not in the cave are not currently available in the market.
  • Breeds with location-specific alts are not currently available in the market.
  • Market prices will roughly respect cave over-/under-population. It's not a 1:1 match to "rarity" (especially when comparing breeds—breed A being more expensive than B does not necessarily mean there are fewer breed A eggs made in the cave), but it does mean that prices will go up as a breed becomes more overpopulated.
  • Weekly earnings were chosen to cap out at one common egg per week. This will likely need to be tweaked based on how things work out in practice.
  • I followed the rough goal from the thread of ~6 months to earn rares, but due to prices fluctuating, it's not exact.

It seems to work pretty well. The idea is to be able to buy one common a week or save up. Sounds fair.

Tbh, I kind of agree with the OP.  To give my own situation as an example:

• I'm saving for a Staterae. I usually max out most weeks.
  • I currently have 1451 shards, and will max out at the end of this week at 1535 shards. That's currently only 65 shards short for a Staterae.
  • If they plateau at 1600, and I max out next week as well, at the end of next week I will then have enough shards (1635)
  • However, Stateraes have gone up in value every week for the past 4(?) weeks 1200>1300>1400 >1500 >1600 this week
  • If they increase again, I will be 165 shards short, and if they keep increasing by 100 shards each week, I will continue to be 165 shards short until they eventually plateau and I can "catch up".  And that's only if I buy NOTHING else from the Market in the meantime.

Which is the point I think the OP was trying to make - the frequency of the increases on some rares currently.

And FWIW, I find the attitude of "why play this game if you don't actively and regularly play it?" unhelpful.  Life stuff happens and demands on people's time change, and playing a game online might be the least of their priorities. 

Or, y'know, they want the game to carry on feeling like a game - something fun that they WANT to do when and if they have the time and inclination rather than HAVING to do in order to earn shards.

Edited by foreverlokied224
Clarity

2 hours ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Or, y'know, they want the game to carry on feeling like a game - something fun that they WANT to do when and if they have the time and inclination rather than HAVING to do in order to earn shards.

This game is a hunting/collecting game. The Market is a relatively recent addition meant to *supplement* that. The Market shouldn't be the go-to thing and if a player isn't interested or doesn't have time to play regularly they shouldn't look to the Market to accommodate that. (And, to be honest, I don't understand the idea that someone isn't that invested in the game *but* is frustrated that it might take a few more weeks to be able to buy a rare, especially since again this game is actually about hunting/catching which they probably aren't doing a ton of if they aren't that invested? Sorry, I just don't understand that.)

However, I understand the point about Stats. I hadn't realized they had gone up yet again. Although, they *are* still less than 5 months old as a new-breed, so this sort of fluctuation is probably more based on the newness and evening out their base rarity, rather than an example of rares in general getting more and more expensive. 

29 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

This game is a hunting/collecting game. The Market is a relatively recent addition meant to *supplement* that. The Market shouldn't be the go-to thing and if a player isn't interested or doesn't have time to play regularly they shouldn't look to the Market to accommodate that. (And, to be honest, I don't understand the idea that someone isn't that invested in the game *but* is frustrated that it might take a few more weeks to be able to buy a rare, especially since again this game is actually about hunting/catching which they probably aren't doing a ton of if they aren't that invested? Sorry, I just don't understand that.)

However, I understand the point about Stats. I hadn't realized they had gone up yet again. Although, they *are* still less than 5 months old as a new-breed, so this sort of fluctuation is probably more based on the newness and evening out their base rarity, rather than an example of rares in general getting more and more expensive. 

Staterae are indeed new and do keep going up, yes. But that was what happened with golds - it was a while before I managed to buy; they went up all the time, just before I could afford one. But it levelled out in the end. People are frantic for CB stats. There will come a time when they have what they want. But I suppose a new rare will take its sweet time to level out in terms of ratios.

3 hours ago, foreverlokied224 said:

Tbh, I kind of agree with the OP.  To give my own situation as an example:

• I'm saving for a Staterae. I usually max out most weeks.
  • I currently have 1451 shards, and will max out at the end of this week at 1535 shards. That's currently only 65 shards short for a Staterae.
  • If they plateau at 1600, and I max out next week as well, at the end of next week I will then have enough shards (1635)
  • However, Stateraes have gone up in value every week for the past 4(?) weeks 1200>1300>1400 >1500 >1600 this week
  • If they increase again, I will be 165 shards short, and if they keep increasing by 100 shards each week, I will continue to be 165 shards short until they eventually plateau and I can "catch up".  And that's only if I buy NOTHING else from the Market in the meantime.

Which is the point I think the OP was trying to make - the frequency of the increases on some rares currently.

And FWIW, I find the attitude of "why play this game if you don't actively and regularly play it?" unhelpful.  Life stuff happens and demands on people's time change, and playing a game online might be the least of their priorities. 

You will always have to play to earn shards; that's how you earn them. But if you terribly want to buy something, it's not so awful to have to breed like mad for half an hour once a week.

But yes, it can be really frustrating saving and missing. As I did with golds for AGES. I see it took me a full year to get my first, - that was what I instantly started to save for - and I maxed out every week - and every week they seemed to go up. I think I paid almost 4000 for her. They are hugely cheaper now.

OTOH - it will probably just happen that people will miss out every two weeks instead of every week; as the price will have to jump in bigger increments to work within the ratios. I really can't see less frequent increases helping any.

Yeah, it still just sounds like the issue is "It's frustrating when you save up for an egg, then the price changes" and changing the frequency of price changes doesn't actually... fix that. Even if you only changed prices once a year, there's always gonna be someone who just needed one more week to afford that price, just for it to change on them.

9 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Yeah, it still just sounds like the issue is "It's frustrating when you save up for an egg, then the price changes" and changing the frequency of price changes doesn't actually... fix that. Even if you only changed prices once a year, there's always gonna be someone who just needed one more week to afford that price, just for it to change on them.

Exactly. That scenario isn't going to stop happening by changing when or how often prices change. It *might* be the case that some people who are 'one week away' will be able to get that rare 'sooner' if the price doesn't go up so often, but it will *also* still happen where people will be 'two weeks away' or whatever, and prices changing will still cause that issue. 

To me, the best way to deal with this frustration is a change of thinking, not a change in the Market. For example, while I keep an eye on the Market thread, I don't look at my shards and go 'okay, just one more week and I can afford x!'. Because I *know* prices can change. So I use that knowledge and adjust my expectations accordingly. If I know, say, breed x is a couple hundred shards more expensive then what I have, I just go on playing as normal and doing whatever else in my life, and in a few weeks I check the price to see if it's changed, and it's very possible I can afford it at that point. DC is a long-term game, especially considering how long it takes to save up for a rare in general (and even more-so how long it can take to *catch* one!), so waiting a couple extra weeks (or heck, even a month extra) isn't a huge deal if you actually enjoy the game and aren't *only* playing to be able to afford rares. 

Let me be clear, I'm not dismissing the frustration of being *soclose!* and then the price changing. It's an understandable frustration, it really is. I just think in this game, with this Market and the way it works, changing the way you look at things might help more than attempting to mess with how the prices update.

I agree that changing your thinking is a good way to address this issue (instead of changing the whole market mechanic) in the interim. I bought a staterae in July 2020 around the time that they first appeared in the market and I realized that I had set myself back from being able to afford to buy a gold by the end of the year. I knew it would take a while to build my shard inventory back up. Recently, I checked the market and realized that I am not that far away from the current price of 2200 and I'll be able to purchase one early next year, which is fine. 

Essentially, patience and dedication are key when working towards buying rares in the market. If you are willing to collect shards (however many at whatever pace), you will eventually be rewarded for your patience. 

:excl:

Thanks. I hadn't looked at stats in a while, but yeah ! I too may as well look to one too ! - ETA @Jazeki - they are at 1600 !

Like Heather and Jaz - I rarely look at prices; I only did yesterday to add info to my post !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

:excl:

Thanks. I hadn't looked at stats in a while, but yeah ! I too may as well look to one too ! - ETA @Jazeki - they are at 1600 !

Like Heather and Jaz - I rarely look at prices; I only did yesterday to add info to my post !

Yes, I only knew about the constant change in stat prices based on this thread. For reference, I only just reached 1600 shards two weeks ago after months of shard collecting and there were a few weeks where I am sure I did not get all 100 of them. Based on my shoddy math, it should take a user about 4 months to afford a staterae right now. It's also important to note that TJ even said the amount of time necessary to collect the number of shards is approximate.