Lovecats

ANSWERED:Accidentally Killed My Pitfire Due to Refreshing Page

Hello,

Today I decided to 'kill' my CB Pitfire and have it reborn. I reached the page with the message that my Pitfire had been reborn but noticed it provided an unchanged Pitfire sprite (did not visually indicate it was reborn.) Thinking that refreshing the page would update the sprite, I reloaded the page only to recieve the normal "you take out your blade and stab the dragon" and a dead dragon.

Clearly I accidentally killed my dragon. However, I make the argument that I did not knowingly authorise the action, considering I did not reinput/retype my password/'KILL' into the action log in the actions page. I probably should have known better than to be experimental, though I only thought refreshing the page would refresh the initial message rather than kill my dragon for good.

Can someone help me out here? Here is the (quite dead) Pitfire in question: End of Ages

Clicking back, this was the message I got after refreshing the page:

image.png.279d45d1803a4ba8a71dd9bad98df5ab.png

The 'revive' option is there, as proof its dead:

image.png.7a2d13cec76e27533267197f5d0e7377.png

Thank you.

So the first time you killed it and got the reborn message the sprite wasn't what shows in the screenshot of the second message? If so I assume it was just a bit of a delay with updating the sprite since it showed fine the second time, maybe actually visit the dragon's page next time to make sure. The only issue is the action indeed repeating itself without password confirmation - out of curiosity I tried killing a random dragon which dodged, then refreshed, and it gave me a popup to confirm form resubmission:

The page that you're looking for used information that you entered. Returning to that page might cause any action that you took to be repeated. Do you want to continue?

Did you not get something like that? I don't know if there is some difference with pitfires and can't test with my own since I have already turned all the ones I wanted. 

At the end of the day only TJ can possibly bring back a dead dragon, but unless there was indeed some issue on the site's side with the page reloading with no warning when it shouldn't I assume it'll be considered user error.

@MissK. For your quote, I did get that pop-up. I definitely should have heeded it but just clicked through.

But yes, the first time I 'killed' it, I recieved the normal reborn message and only the unborn sprite. I then decided to refresh, after the initial page had fully loaded, to see if the reborn sprite would then appear. To illustrate my motivations, I wanted to see if the page to look similar to how Aegis' look when they become enraged, and thus hoped that refreshing would enable this:

image.png.5202cec89563654000f19d2c59c7ac48.png

I got the answer I was looking for in the end. :) Well, I guess if this was user error, this can be closed then. I'm not really bothered, i'll just get another one next year/attempt to revive.

You need to revive it very soon or now. You can't wait a whole year i think.

28 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

You need to revive it very soon or now. You can't wait a whole year i think.

Oh no, I was meaning that I would either revive it now OR wait for next year's holiday release. Hope this clears this up. :)

A causation - if you get it back, I really wouldn't try and kill it again... I can't imagine what that might do....

47 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

if you get it back, I really wouldn't try and kill it again... I can't imagine what that might do....

well, you could, if you didnt mind waiting a year for another one, it could be a cool experiment! or not. just curious what would happen, but it is your dragon @lovecats99 >w<

What I mean is that - like only being able to revive a dragon once, even if it comes back as it was and you kill it again - maybe if you kill a pitfire again, it won't do the thing.

Well, revive didn't work. So I will be waiting until next year to get a new exalted male. :) A bit of a shame, as I lost my only male exalted and a great name but I guess these mistakes happen sometimes.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, lovecats99 said:

Well, revive didn't work. So I will be waiting until next year to get a new exalted male. :) A bit of a shame, as I lost my only male exalted and a great name but I guess these mistakes happen sometimes.

Here to say that I feel your pain, just lost my only female on exact same scenario and it saddens me so... What a shame! Those are such beautiful sprites.

4 hours ago, Vicious_Cupcake said:

Here to say that I feel your pain, just lost my only female on exact same scenario and it saddens me so... What a shame! Those are such beautiful sprites.

Ah, i'm sorry to hear! Yes, its a big shame. If I knew this would happen, I would have traded for an extra male. I usually get stuck with 3 new release CBs at Halloween anyway, though, so I guess I couldn't escape, this year. XD