Cattington

(FIXED) "an error has occurred" screen at any page

i tried to go on the site today, but on any page i go on there's just a message saying "an error has occurred" and a tombstone. this happens at any page i go to; is this just a problem on my end?

EDIT: clearing my cache and cookies fixed the problem, thank you!

Edited by Cattington

Well, it's working fine here. (UK) And FYI your scroll looks healthy enough.

I have the same issue, once again only on my laptop just like the 504 Gateway Time-out from a few days ago. (I actually got that one first once before starting to get the tombstone...)

I had a similar experience to MissK

I first encountered a 504 error, then meet the tombstone error page.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

I have the same issue, once again only on my laptop just like the 504 Gateway Time-out from a few days ago. (I actually got that one first once before starting to get the tombstone...)

53 minutes ago, XDLugia said:

I had a similar experience to MissK

I first encountered a 504 error, then meet the tombstone error page.

it's nice to know that this isn't entirely on my end, at least 

Yeah there were other people who had the same problem last time as well. It's still not working on my laptop, but I checked on my work laptop too and there it works fine, as well as on mobile. All 3 are connected to the same network and using chrome, no idea what that could mean.

Broken on my side, too. Can't do anything with the main site. I was able to log in and browse using an Incognito window, though, so it might be an issue with the way cookies are handled by the server? Maybe something changed and getting a new cookie fixes it?

Try a tracert and see where the glitch is ?

Log out, delete cookies and log in again, maybe...

A trace route won't help here, I'm afraid - trace routes can help debug network and connection issues, but won't tell you why a server is erroring out. This is not a problem with the connection to the site, it's connecting fine, it's just showing the tombstone error page - a server error.

The Gateway Timeout error XDLugia reported might be an indicator that one of the servers behind a load balancer went down, but that's also just guesswork. It might be something totally different. :c

It seems this time clearing cookies helped for me? Which is strange because last time it didn't, and also I use DC just as much on my phone where I had also not cleared any cookies but that never gave issues. But maybe it helps someone else too for now at least.

9 minutes ago, XDLugia said:

Didn't help me. Cleared cookies and still having issues

The cookies may be defining which backend server you're getting connected to ("connection stickiness"), try doing it a few times, in case you got connected to the broken one with the new cookie as well? Or try an Incognito window if you don't want to lose your cookies. :)

Mine is down, too (laptop and phone, USA Central timezone). Tried clearing cache several times, tried an incognito window, different browsers (Firefox and Chrome), still tombstone. My phone, on both wifi and data are also showing tombstone. Downforeveryoneorjustme keeps saying it's just me, but that doesn't help fix it! :rolleyes: Been getting this issue a lot the past month or so,  resolves itself eventually, but the interruptions seem to be getting longer (and more annoying).

ETA: Just tried on my iPad (Safari), still no joy. 😕

Update: Clearing cache on my phone (Android Chrome) worked, as long as I used data, not my wifi connection, so that seems to be where the hang-up is occurring. I tried rebooting my router, but still down on my laptop.

One more update: mine's back up, as of 1:38pm DC time. B)

Edited by Shala

Broken for me as well... Tried Chrome and Firefox, incognito window, no luck.

Edited by aeriae