MissK.

504 Gateway Time-out

Since it seems more people have been reporting this issue in the Tiny Little Questions thread starting here, it might be easier to deal with in its own thread. I haven't been able to load the cave once in the past hour or so, always getting a 504 Gateway Time-out after it attempts to load for a bit. I'm using chrome on my laptop, though I'm not sure it matters as it somehow works fine on my phone, where I'm also using chrome. Does anyone know if there is something to be done user-side, or is this something TJ has to look into?

Edit: Apparently a while after posting about it the issue seems to have resolved itself, if anyone else isn't still having issues this can probably be locked.

Edited by MissK.

As I said in TLQ - it isn't the only forum with this issue - I got one on another forum all day yesterday, and the forum owner couldn't report it as the host server was down. But as it is fine for a lot of us, I doubt if TJ can do anything. Have you tried a ping tracer ?

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As I said in TLQ - it isn't the only forum with this issue - I got one on another forum all day yesterday, and the forum owner couldn't report it as the host server was down. But as it is fine for a lot of us, I doubt if TJ can do anything. Have you tried a ping tracer ?

It seems to have resolved itself on its own after some time. Still not sure what could cause this difference between devices/users but it doesn't really matter if it's fixed for everyone.

When it is only some users, it's usually some kind of network thing that TJ can't touch. Next time try a ping tracer (tracert) and see where the hold-up is.I got two timeouts when I just tried at london12.uk and. snjsc.04 - it made it to the cave, but the forum is not happy with cogentco.com.... (Again - it got there, but it hit that server times before getting past it.)

59 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

When it is only some users, it's usually some kind of network thing that TJ can't touch. Next time try a ping tracer (tracert) and see where the hold-up is.I got two timeouts when I just tried at london12.uk and. snjsc.04 - it made it to the cave, but the forum is not happy with cogentco.com.... (Again - it got there, but it hit that server times before getting past it.)

Yeah I will keep it in mind if something comes up again, just don't see why it would work on my phone but not my laptop.

10 minutes ago, Alxias said:

I can't get past the error. 
my phone views it just fine but my laptop can't get past the 500 error.. 

Could be a cookie issue. Clearing cache alone didn't help me, but deleting dragcave.net cookies allowed me to log in freshly and now I'm past that FRIGGING ANNOYING EVER RETURNING ERROR seriously, why can't TJ fix it?