Ruffledfeathers

Have Hatchlings Automatically Show Up In The AP At 4 Days 1 Hour

I support hatchies showing up earlier in the AP. It makes me sad to see that many good lineages are growing up wild rather than on someone's scroll because of AP placement.

I have been hatching and dumping Halloween dragons for a few days now. I always tkae them out of click sites before dumping them. I hope that most of them will end up on a scroll.

2 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

I have been hatching and dumping Halloween dragons for a few days now. I always tkae them out of click sites before dumping them. I hope that most of them will end up on a scroll.

If they hit 4 days before the egg wall breaks they will not.

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

If they hit 4 days before the egg wall breaks they will not.

They only grow if they receive another view, which I assume is why PrincessLucy removes them from clicksites. So they'd only grow if someone manually looked them up through progeny and clicked their page.

I'm not really invested in this suggestion, there are so many halloweens that some of them growing up wild doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I suppose it's a bit of a shame for CBs. Still, I don't think it would negatively impact anything as hatchlings ready to grow would probably disappear quite fast and wouldn't clutter the AP, so neutral-support.

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

They only grow if they receive another view, which I assume is why PrincessLucy removes them from clicksites. So they'd only grow if someone manually looked them up through progeny and clicked their page.

Yes, that is exactly why I remove them from click sites, and I never track what I have dumped to see if it has grown up on a scroll.

I continue to grab/add/hatch/remove/dump, but I am looking for "good stuff" while I am doing it.

Haven't found much this past 2 days, but I was able to trade away CBs that I found in the AP for a Shimmerkin, so that was a big win for me.

Unfortunately, I have used 48 of my 50 precognitions, so I need to decide whether I want a hatchling bad enough to check its gender. Note to self--need another 50 Aeons for next year. At least.

------------------------

I would love it if nothing could grow wild, and it would at least hit the front page of the AP before growing.  The only big problem with this is that some people don't want messy dragons on their scroll, so they will release them, while others of us would want to grab them all.

Edited by PrincessLucy

On 11/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, 11th said:

@love_HP I feel like you are correct (though it has been so long since then that I'm not 100% sure, or if I'm just thinking of stray holiday hatchlings), and I have an idea of why they appeared at the top. If the AP were sorted by the "Laid on" or "Stolen on" date instead of time left to live, then hatchlings would almost always sort to the top because a 7d 0h hatchling is always*** going to be at least two days older than a 7d 0h egg. I wonder if it would be possible to sort AP things that way instead?

Weighing in on this- unless I was completely misunderstanding how the AP worked, I'm also sure it used to be this way... To the point I hadn't realised it changed, and that's what made me come into the thread! I saw an ND at the bottom right of the AP during Halloween and it crossed my mind at the time that it seemed strange. I think I just put it down to the effects of the Halloween wall at the time.

I definitely support it going back to "how it used to be".

8 hours ago, MissK. said:

I suppose it's a bit of a shame for CBs.

Yes, unfortunately the majority of new-release CB hatchies will grow wild if any users accidentally dropped the eggs into a hatchery before tossing them into the ap.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:09 PM, Guillotine said:

Full support for something to reduce the number of hatchlings growing up before they even appear in the AP.

This. I liked all of the suggestions I read here in the thread and agree something needs to be done to address this issue.