TCA

Make dragons dodge less when you try to kill them.

Literally the last 5 times I tried to kill a dragon, I only had the dragon FAIL to dodge once out of those. Not a fan.

Yes please. Yes please. YES please!!! Yes yes yes yes please!! 

I have literally *tried* to kill 7 times before 1 successful kill before. On the 17th I recorded 10 dodges in order to get my 5 successful kills. To me, such a high dodge rate is just way way unnecessary. We *already* have a really really low chance of successful zombification, the excessive dodges just don't seem necessary. (And yes, not everyone who kills a dragon is trying for a zombie, but the point stands.)

Full support, literally had to kill off one of my BSAs since only it (and one other dedicated fodder) didn't dodge, out of ~10 tries.

Honestly wish there was a BSA or something to guarantee the next kill on your selected dragon, with a 2 week cooldown. We already have a limited amounts of kills on a pretty long cd, it's beyond me as to why we have an added chance of failure on top of that.

I think one month I had 20 dodges trying to get my 5 kills. Yeah. Support.

Full support; it's annoying and I feel like it happens way too often. They don't even count towards kill lots, so it's just an obnoxious inconvenience. I hope the rates get changed!

Support. It feels like at least 2/3 attempts are a dodge...I've been trying to turn more of my Pitfires and it's quite frustrating. (Do we even know what the current rate is, has anyone compiled enough data?) 

Support, I was trying to get some Halloween sprites that I didn't already have this year. Guess which dragons all decided to dodge

I tried killing 10 dragons in the last week and got a 50/50 ratio...a buddy of mine got a 100% kill rate...and another roughly 1 in every 3 worked.

Could it help, especially with the Pitfire mechanic? Yes. Is it a necessarily needed adjustment? No. In short, I'm neutral but see no harm if this is added.

35 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Support, I was trying to get some Halloween sprites that I didn't already have this year. Guess which dragons all decided to dodge

Same here. I had at least 3 of each type ready to kill and a total of 15 dragons in my zombie fodder group. I ended up only being able to kill 4 of them. Artful dodgers, they are!

It really is frustrating to have to deal with the low kill rate in addition to the low turn rate.

Support!

support!! i dont even kill dragons that often myself, and thus dont end up running into the problem as much, but i can understand the frustration! the people who choose to kill their dragons (as opposed to those who dont for moral reasons) do so for a reason, and having them dodge so often has to be extremely frustrating.

If someone has dragons they *really* want to make zombies, such as a zombie lineage starter, but it dodges on Halloween, they have to wait a full year to try again at the same low odds. (And sure, they could try the full 2 weeks before, but they probably also want other zombies and are using those kill slots for other things to turn on the 31st.)

Also, dodges suck.

As a Zombie line maker I fully support this idea and agree with Shadowdrake's words about Zombie lines.

Current rate of dodge just makes the whole specific dragon zombification process needlessly tiresome as there is already a low zombie success rate which adds a nice spice and competitiveness. I don't think there also is a need for a high rate (~50%?) dodging mechanic. 

Edited by FeatheryWings

Tbh I would even support removing it completely. Does dodging add anything to the game other than annoyance?

59 minutes ago, Arcy said:

Tbh I would even support removing it completely. Does dodging add anything to the game other than annoyance?

It has a lore purpose I suppose, since it would be unrealistic for a human to manage killing a dragon 100% of the time. Then again stabbing them to death already is unrealistic enough to me so it's not like I'll defend that point to begin with. 

13 minutes ago, Iridescence444 said:

Full support. Had 30 dodges on a single freaking dragon. Please change the rates.

You mean on separate days? Because if a dragon dodges at all for one day they'll keep dodging until the next midnight, when their dodge chance gets rerolled.

bringing this back. 

trying to make zombies tonight and i lost count of how many dragons dodged. 

IMO dodging is the kind of thing that should be a rare easter egg (like hatchlings following you home when you try to abandon them) rather than being as frustratingly common as it is. Kill slot already severely limit how many dragons we can kill, it would be nice to at least pick which dragons we kill.