Redds

Easier way to find your dragons with Encyclopedia

sorry if someone has suggested this before, i only tried looking back a couple pages.

issue:

rn the only way for me to find a specific dragon on my scroll; thats organized by the default format; for whatever reason whether it is to find lineages or confirm names and genders and what is missing; is to guess which number page it is on by the breed name; or if sorted by name, what i named them by; and then clicking on it; then i have to scroll semi-quickly down the list trying not to miss them(pygmies are hell). if i make the list shorter, that results in say, 5 times the number of pages, making it worse. i tried making use of groups, but since groups dont update themselves, trying to find new dragons that i didnt yet add to a, say, lindwyrm group is moot.

now that wouldnt be a problem 5 or 10 years ago with the limited pool of dragons, i can remember which page every dragon is on, but now the number of dragons is prolific, which is of course not a bad thing, but it brings me to this problem; i cant remember all the breed names nor the names of all my dragons 😅

suggestion:

as opposed to a general search bar, which would help a little if only i could remember the breed name/name of the dragon im searching for, i was looking through and trying the new(to me) feature of the dragon encyclopedia, and basically thought; would it be difficult to list all dragons you own on the specific breed page of that dragon, PLUS additional information on their BSAs? whether by name or with pictures. its fine even if this was only made possible once you 'complete' the encycloedia entry. that would also be an additional incentive for me to complete the entry.

ie: looking at pinks/reds entries would list all of the ones i have(i currently use groups for this because its easy to add the same breed but they still have to be updated), plus ALL cooldown times for each individual dragon in a column. the only way to check cooldown and which dragon is available to perform BSA right now is click down my list and see who doesnt have the action greyed out, because i cant always remember who was the last to perform the action.

tl;dr- let us use the encyclopedia breed pages to find all dragons of that breed that we own, plus additional information on them, direct links to actions, lineages, vampire bite lineage, zombie history(what it was before, yes i know this information was not previously available but its okay if older zombies are grandfathered without that information) etc. table column format, dropdown/explorer format, anything.

and of course, bringing the encyclopedia link to the navbar/top of the dragons page because we'd be using it a lot more, i imagine.

1 hour ago, Redds said:

tl;dr- let us use the encyclopedia breed pages to find all dragons of that breed that we own, plus additional information on them, direct links to actions, lineages, vampire bite lineage, zombie history(what it was before, yes i know this information was not previously available but its okay if older zombies are grandfathered without that information) etc. table column format, dropdown/explorer format, anything.

and of course, bringing the encyclopedia link to the navbar/top of the dragons page because we'd be using it a lot more, i imagine.

As some dragons have a lot more info on their encyclopedia page than others...I would be in favor of this if it was limited to just showing the dragons of that breed you have OR the link to the dragon(s) just takes you to where they start on your scroll.

As you mentioned, there are currently ways to keep track of one's dragons, but this might be a small quality of life improvement so I'm feeling neutral but don't see harm if it was added.

limited to just showing the dragons of that breed you have OR the link to the dragon(s) just takes you to where they start on your scroll.

yes as mentioned, only of the breed youre looking at otherwise its just "expand information on dragons page" lol

i imagine the second is way easier to implement via anchors but that wouldnt work for halloweens or zombies that are spread out over your scroll 🤔

Sometimes an easy way to find a dragon on your scroll is to go to a group you've made, or to the Purple's Fertility page, and use the filter there to search (you can search by breed, name, partial name, generation, biome, etc etc). 

The issue I see with this is for those of us who own a *lot* of some breeds of dragon. Maybe it'd be nice if the Encyclopedia entry had a *link* to another page that showed all your dragons of that breed, but I certainly wouldn't want all 2,000+ of my Aqualises to start loading if I opened their main Encyclopedia page, you know? 

As for all the extra information, I feel like that's kind of redundant? We already have multiple places with links to a dragon's Actions/BSAs/lineage, sure maybe it means searching your scroll or making a group or something but is it really necessary to clutter the Encyclopedia pages with things we already have in multiple other spots? I wouldn't like that and think it would make the whole Encyclopedia experience a lot more cluttered and frustrating. 

its an encyclopedia after all, not a summary right XD a link to another page or anchors yeah, or just all hidden within a dropdown, or this can be turned off in settings for people with 4 pages of aqualis', sure.