High Lord November

Picked up a hatchling from AP, turned into wild adult dragon?

Hi! I grabbed a Kohraki hatchling form the AP. I got to the successful grab page (pictured). When I clicked on the hatchling it was a wild adult dragon instead. Shouldn't it be owned by me?

Screen_Shot_2020-11-02_at_2_27.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-11-02_at_2_25.37_PM.png

Someone else asked about the same thing in the Tiny Little Questions thread here, I assume they grew up exactly as they were picked up and that's what caused this glitch? It seems like just really unfortunate timing but if it's happening to more people maybe it's something TJ should look into.

Probably a side effect of the recent catch/actions lag and whatever TJ has been doing to try to mitigate it. I've been grabbing a lot of eggs that don't seem to register me as the owner till a couple of seconds, and since the Get Code page seems to "update" an egg/hatchling to grow, the delay makes them grow up wild before they actually become owned.

Yeah I've been noticing some other lag. When I click on an egg I see it as owned by me and the action tab etc. I go to lineage, and then I go back, I now have to sometimes refresh in order to see it be owned by me and the actions tab again. Guess it sounds like it's a bigger issue. Still a bummer, hope they're able to work it out without much trouble.

Edited by High Lord November

4 hours ago, High Lord November said:

Yeah I've been noticing some other lag. When I click on an egg I see it as owned by me and the action tab etc. I go to lineage, and then I go back, I now have to sometimes refresh in order to see it be owned by me and the actions tab again. Guess it sounds like it's a bigger issue. Still a bummer, hope they're able to work it out without much trouble.

I thought I was the only one experiencing this, I was using my phone for hunting a couple of hours ago and this was happening to me too. Right now I'm on my laptop and so far I'm experiencing lag.

Looks like it’s a common issue at the moment. I had a huh moment when I caught a hatchie and then suddenly it was a wild adult. Also having to continually refresh pages to get them to update. 

I wonder if the ones which were supposed to be grabbed will be returned from the wild?

I have noticed that eggs will lag a bit before they are ‘mine’; in that when you click onto the eggs page, initially they have no actions link. A refresh after fixes it. 

I had kind of an opposite thing happen to me on Halloween. When I was frantically clicking in the biomes trying to grab one of the new eggs there was an egg that did not register as being caught, but then when I went to look at my scroll later it was there. That was a much more pleasant surprise than what happened here.

This just happened to me, it's super heartbreaking :(

SK9xp8u.jpgijkW6EY.jpg

It's especially weird because it wasn't particularly laggy when I grabbed it. With the egg wall clearing up soon I really hope this gets fixed.

Honestly I find this whole thing very worrying, thankfully it hasn't happened to me (yet) but the fact that multiple people successfully grabbed hatchlings and ended up with a wild dragon is... Kinda big, imo. @purpledragonclaw, does TJ know about this? I would hope these 'wild' dragons would be returned to the users, since they obviously *did* successfully grab them. 

Someone in discord said refreshing the get page before clicking the dragon would help it end up on your scroll, in the meantime. 

I'm bit disappointed... this happened to me twice it would be amazing if we got them back but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully it gets fixed so it doesn't happen again.