Viirin

A Catastrophically Stupid Idea

Do dead (not zombie) dragons count on your total? What about abandoned adults?

The reason I ask, is "What if I stopped hatching eggs, and waited each year to kill a few, trying to make zombies, until my entire scroll was undead?"

But I don't want to lose my 8 egg total that I've worked up over a decade.

Once it's released into the wild, a dragon definitely doesn't count toward your total because it's not on your scroll anymore. I believe "just plain dead" dragons don't count either, but I'm not sure. If you wanted an entire scroll of zombies and didn't plan on bringing in any more dragons, be prepared for your scroll's population to be cut to about one fifth of what it is currently, at the very least. It may happen that your luck is bad enough that you only get 1 in 20 raised instead, so unless you've got enough dragons to still qualify for 8 slots even if that many ended up off your scroll, you're going to have to grow some new ones to keep your total above the threshold.

I don't think Undeads count, since they also don't count towards your "Grown Dragons" number.

TJ has also said he would make trophies permanent even if you go under it. I don't know if he has yet, but I'm sure you could check your egg limits when you hit 998 dragons.