StarseedLure

Valkemarian Tales - Avery's Doors

Has anyone managed to figure out the hints on the floor for the door order? I see that a lot of people successfully brute-forced the puzzle, but I'm stubborn, so here I still am :). I've tried:

1) Assigning shapes to either left/right or horned/no-horned doors. Part of the problem with this is that there doesn't seem to be a sequential order to the shapes on the floor in the first room, so even if I get the assignments right, the order is still missing.

2) Trying to "unscramble" the missing letters from the sign "Only the strong-willed shall be granted entry beyond the gate."

3) Deciphering the carvings/etchings on the wall behind the doors. There's a shape near the left-hand door that seems to resemble one of the shapes on the floor in the first room, but that doesn't seem to mean anything.

Puzzle-solvers, I would love a minor hint!

The shapes on the floor aren't meant to be sequential, but rather read left to right with one tile per room. Each specific shape corresponds with a different number of door (1, 2, 3 or 4) and it's up to you to figure out what shape is what number. (Confusing, right?)

For anyone else struggling, talking to Avery after some number of fails gives you the option to be teleported to the end room, though for the first puzzle you can still return and try to solve it yourself after getting the room's prize.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Is there any way to know you chose the right door? In the room with the tile floor every time I walk through the left door, I hear "Heh, heh, heh" and wind up back in the room with tile floor and  two doors. If I use the right door, I wind up back in the room with 3 pits and 4 doors. When I walk through any or the first three doors from the room with the pits, these two rooms are all I see and it doesn't matter what I do, this is all I see. Trying the last door to the right from the pit room just returns me to the pit room. I don't have any idea what I am trying to do, because I have no idea what happens if I choose right.

If you choose the right door, you don't see a message, and you go into a new room that's identical to the old one.

If you choose the wrong door, you see the message and start over.

I wish each successive room had some distinctive feature (for example, a different configuration of pits), but no.  They're all identical, and you just need to remember / take notes on which one you are in right now.

OK. Finally got it. Three times. Each time I got the loading page, but it didn't finish loading and I tried to reenter the game only to restart the puzzle. The third time it finally loaded the next scene.