AnubisMoon

Halloween 2020: Valkemarian Tales Help

This post will probably contain spoilers.

(Might be in the wrong section, Idk with is my first time starting a topic.)

Alright, it was only a matter of time. I love the new event, I really do. But alas, I have a weak, noodle brain that is not good at puzzles, mainly the tile one. I've been clicking for an over hour and have made no progress. Any and all guidance would be lovely as I have no clue  what I'm doing. Other then trying to get the tiles to match. Thanks!

I tried to figure out a pattern by going at it randomly, but after refreshing the page and talking to stella I noticed she said something about symmetry and that the beginning board was symmetrical...I wish I could tell you something concrete but all I did was hit the tiles in a symmetrical way (2-way mirror, 4 way, diagonal, etc.)  until I somehow got them to align :(

I'm having the same struggle. My brain is a small bean, trying her best. I didn't get the hint about symmetry yet and have been clicking randomly. I'm trying to see if there's a pattern of the 'colored' tiles movement by which tiles are clicked, don't really see one but I also might need to take a break too!

the pattern was something like this:

image.png.c889b9c9d4d770f63498479e70cd1712.pngimage.png.85a260e09c400b814b6a8e7d016106f7.png

basically when you click a tile, all of the tiles in both the vertical and horizontal line it's in get shifted over by one color!

Can someone help with the cauldron? After a while I gave up and checked the wiki for the correct ingredient order and it turned out the order I was trying was correct, but it still doesn't work? Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, guuvii said:

Can someone help with the cauldron? After a while I gave up and checked the wiki for the correct ingredient order and it turned out the order I was trying was correct, but it still doesn't work? Am I missing something?

Oh hey. I am getting this glitch also for the second cauldron puzzle. Essentially, after putting all the ingredients in the right order, no message comes up to indicate game progression. So I am just stuck there. Reloading the game didn't help, nor did leaving and entering the puzzle room.

49 minutes ago, guuvii said:

Did you - as some did - use the list of ingredients - at the top in the wiki - or the solution (further down.)

The correct order is:

Spoiler

Moon Blossom (Yellow flower is a "warm" color)

Wormwood (Green wormwood between yellow flower and blue water)

Sacred Water (Blue is a "parent" to green)

Jester's Cap (comes fourth)

Magi's Scale (dragon's essence last)

And for the second: 

Spoiler

Jester Venom (First, the deadliest)

Sacred Leaf (Must be even)

Azure Scale (Dragon rests in the middle)

Cinna Root (Must be even, red is a "parent" to orange)

Puffball (Yellow is a "parent" to orange)

Sun Blossom (Last, the loveliest

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm also stuck on the first cauldron. I also found and used the correct answer. Not sure what to do next.

I had the same issue with both the cauldron puzzles, everything I did got no result at all except forcing me to collect all the ingredients again, even using the reset in the pause menu didn't help. Refreshing the page finally fixed it for me.

The bug seems to be triggered when you place an ingredient in the cauldron then cancel, which is unfortunate because the "Select an ingredient to put in" button is also the "Make the text boxes go a bit faster" button, making it very easy to accidentally put the wrong ingredient in if you're impatient and mash that button. And then of course you cancel so you can go restock to try again because why would you waste time throwing in all the rest if you already know you've messed up? Cancel does seem to work correctly when used without adding something.

It's possible it might also trigger if you don't grab all the ingredients but throw in everything you did pick up. I'm not finishing my second go and then playing a third time to test it though. Not unless I get the option to restart in the middle of the game and then skip straight to the first round of puzzles.

Read in another thread:

Spoiler

If your on the second cauldron. It’s not only about the order in which you put them in but also in which you pick them up. Pick them up in the order they go in the cauldron. This was nerve wracking for me and took me hours to figure out. 

Thanks, @Zanura I did at one point click cancel. I'll try refreshing the page first, then maybe even pick up the ingredients in order this time.

Some more questions on the maze with guard creature. Is it a speed contest? Also which path should I take? Because every path I've tried is blocked by a creature. Thanks.

Maze with guard creatures: the guard creatures follow a fixed path.  You can wait until they walk away, then run past where they were, and be safely out of their way by the time the next one comes through.

Which path to take: I can't remember for sure.  If you follow the right (or left) wall, you should get to the exit eventually, I think.  Maybe someone has a map of the maze somewhere, but I don't.

Could someone tell me how should I do the orb quest now? I was pretty tired (fairly knew what's happening around me and thought obviously slower, to be honest) when attempted to solve it and absurdally - I've failed so many times the combination list got too long to be present... It's the last thing I need to get through gate and I have no idea if I should reset the game or there's a certain combination (if yes, please, show me it)? Or is it all random and I have to figure it on my own?

@ShiraxRemy

Yellow means right color right spot. White is right color but wrong spot.

Orbs 1 2 3 4

Lights 1 2

3 4

I pick a color and fill with just it to see where it goes then repeat with the others till I know each color. 

Edited by DragonLady86

17 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

@ShiraxRemy

Yellow means right color right spot. White is right color but wrong spot.

Orbs 1 2 3 4

Lights 1 2

3 4

I pick a color and fill with just it to see where it goes then repeat with the others till I know each color. 

I know how does it work and what the spots mean, but as I've said - actually can't tell anything about new combinations, since the list of them got out of screen and I'm not sure if it's all random.

@ShiraxRemy Screenshot what you have and we'll see if we can puzzle it out for you. The solution is random per person, yes.

Edited by Shadowdrake

50 minutes ago, ShiraxRemy said:

I know how does it work and what the spots mean, but as I've said - actually can't tell anything about new combinations, since the list of them got out of screen and I'm not sure if it's all random.

Look at the ones you have and know are right? You don't need to see everything. The solution doesn't change. 

1 hour ago, ShiraxRemy said:

Could someone tell me how should I do the orb quest now? I was pretty tired (fairly knew what's happening around me and thought obviously slower, to be honest) when attempted to solve it and absurdally - I've failed so many times the combination list got too long to be present... It's the last thing I need to get through gate and I have no idea if I should reset the game or there's a certain combination (if yes, please, show me it)? Or is it all random and I have to figure it on my own?

one other thing that may help is u can have two orbs of the same color on the board. well i think u can have more then two but everyone is diffrent

@ShiraxRemy - This is what I did for the orbs.  1) For the first run-through it's just to see if you get any of the orbs in the right slots. Pick any of the orbs and put them in the slots. Doesn't matter what order. 2) The little diagram on the right pops up with the orb colors and a square with little lights. 3) On a piece of paper, write down the colors of your orbs in order. 4) Next match the dots to the orbs, the first top two dots are dots # 1 and #2 for the first two orbs, and the second row of dots is #3 and #4 to orbs 3 and 4. If either of those dots are yellow, that means that orb is in the correct spot. For instance say you have blue in space 2 and it's yellow. Write that on your paper #2 next to the blue so you know it belongs in space two. 4) If all the other dots are white, that means you collected the correct colors, but they aren't in the right order. But you now know that those colors don't go in spot #2, because blue is the correct spot. 5) On mine I wrote the orb color and then the number of the space that said 'wrong place' and then crossed out the number. Meaning not to put that color in that spot again, try the other two spots instead. 6) Also, you can use the same color more than once. My solution was blue, blue, red, orange. It didn't use the white one. If one of the colors isn't used, there will be a blank spot in the little dot spots. -- By writing the orb colors and dots down, it was easy to make a process of elimination what went where. It took me about four tries.

Edited by whitestar