Ziranos

Trick or Treat 2020 bugs - random past year treat before collecting all of this year's

Announcement thread states that past year's treats will be available one this year's treats have all been collected. First or second treat I collected shortly after midnight was a treat from 2017.

I've also heard some people having many treats spawning in a short period of time, more treats than are supposed to spawn in a 5-15 minute period. 

1196241928_Skjermbilde2020-10-25kl_05_13_35.png.e4e4a44f88741e9bfeff110d9936866e.png1183184430_Skjermbilde2020-10-25kl_05_13_42.png.8a426d67857f7ddad864aa5a140a7945.png

I had over 30 treats before bed last night, that's wild, I think that's intended and good. It would kinda be unfair to change it if it wasn't intended, since people who stayed up would have a big boost over latecomers. 

I too got the random early treat. I wonder if it has to have one under each banner? Because it was only one and it was like a first year one, when I had none, its just in its own spot.

3 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I too got the random early treat. I wonder if it has to have one under each banner? Because it was only one and it was like a first year one, when I had none, its just in its own spot.

I don't think so, the treat I got was from a year I didn't participate (2017), but I don't have any from 2015-2016 still, and I don't have those banners unlocked either. And the treats drop in descending years: I got all of this year's treats today and am now getting 2018 treats (I already had all of 2019 treats). Other than that single out of place 2017 I've gotten all of mine in order. Several other people have also reported receiving one treat out of order before getting the rest as intended (2020 then descending through missed years)

3 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I had over 30 treats before bed last night, that's wild, I think that's intended and good. It would kinda be unfair to change it if it wasn't intended, since people who stayed up would have a big boost over latecomers. 

7 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Treats spawning faster would make many players happy that have tighter schedules.

This is irrelevant to the thread. Several people reported getting 2-3 treats or more within 30 seconds right after or shortly after midnight, and unless I'm mistaken I heard someone mentioning the got a dozen treats or so in less than half an hour (couldn't find this message when I went looking so I might be misremembering). While a lot of players would potentially benefit from shorter cooldown on the treat spawning, this isn't the thread to suggest it. I'm just reporting what I believe to be unintended behavior.

Apart from that out of order 2017 all of mine seems to have dropped as intended, and in the expected time frames (between 5-15mins).

I wasnt suggesting anything. I was stating that as many times as it's been asked for in the past that it could be an unannounced and positive change 

1 hour ago, Ziranos said:

This is irrelevant to the thread. Several people reported getting 2-3 treats or more within 30 seconds right after or shortly after midnight, and unless I'm mistaken I heard someone mentioning the got a dozen treats or so in less than half an hour (couldn't find this message when I went looking so I might be misremembering). While a lot of players would potentially benefit from shorter cooldown on the treat spawning, this isn't the thread to suggest it. I'm just reporting what I believe to be unintended behavior.

Actually I remember this and I can tell you what might've happened. I opened a few different pages of dragons, and when I looked at them they all had different treats, I could click each one and might've gotten all of them? (It was ap madness, wasn't paying Super close attention) In past years I think you only got the first one you clicked in situations like that?

I also know that the first few treat spawns I saw were only a few minutes apart, no where near 10 minutes.

Edited by Tinibree

9 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I opened a few different pages of dragons, and when I looked at them they all had different treats, I could click each one and might've gotten all of them? (It was ap madness, wasn't paying Super close attention) In past years I think you only got the first one you clicked in situations like that?

I think that the intended behavior is that only one treat spawn at any given time, even if you open multiple tabs - it shouldn't spawn different treats. I just tested as I had a treat spawn, and when I opened multiple tabs I saw the same treat across all tabs.

yeah that's what happens normally, every now and then it just fails which is interesting. wonder what on earth causes that