TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

1 hour ago, XiziX said:

Do I HAVE to play the game to get the badge? ._.

It appears that you need to finish. This has never been the case before and I am disappointed. @TJ09, is this intended? Always before if we played at all we could get the badge. This will be the first badge I have missed in all my years of DC. I have spent hours already (even with all the cheats and tips) and am only about half way through, I think. This is not fun!

39 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It appears that you need to finish. This has never been the case before and I am disappointed. @TJ09, is this intended? Always before if we played at all we could get the badge. This will be the first badge I have missed in all my years of DC. I have spent hours already (even with all the cheats and tips) and am only about half way through, I think. This is not fun!

I agree with you; it is very disappointing. I've tried hard, but I simply can't do this type of game, so I won't be getting the badge - it will be the first I've missed too :( 

How the heck do you get past the "strong-willed" gate game?  I'm following the Drag Cave Wiki cheat but those instructions don't match what I see in the game.

I'm in the tile room with the 6 floor tiles and there are 2 doors in front of me.  I understand that those floor tiles correspond to XYZ door order, but does that order start at these 2 doors or once I get into the room with the 4 doors?  When I follow my tiles' pattern per the Wiki cheat it doesn't work.

I also understand that after a bunch of failures I can speak to Avery and he/she can help, but I've been trying and all I get is the "Once more with feeling" line.

6 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

does that order start at these 2 doors or once I get into the room with the 4 doors? 

The first tile corresponds already to one of the doors in the 2-door room. The other 5 belong into the 4-door room.

The trouble is to figure out which door corresponds to which symbol - best to take notes!

It seems that most of forum users are already busy collecting past years' treats, so I'll go ahead and finally introduce my Treat for this year, because I've been dying to:

18qkmim.png Meet Aryena and Billie from my WIP project "Draffectill", that I started half of my life ago (2006) to tell a (sapeint)Dragon-protagonist fantasy story of the power of Love that reaches beyond the surface - a project with strong anti-racist vibes and following a general "what is essential is invisible to the eye" motif while featuring loads of magic and some weird, occassonally horrororish even, elements. And a (undyed white) messy porcurpine hairdo:D
2020 is the year that brought me back to working on the characters, universe, and the story istelf:)
I Can Show You the WorldBy Your SideRockin' with Aryena

16 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

It seems that most of forum users are already busy collecting past years' treats, so I'll go ahead and finally introduce my Treat for this year, because I've been dying to:

18qkmim.png Meet Aryena and Billie from my WIP project "Draffectill", that I started half of my life ago (2006) to tell a (sapeint)Dragon-protagonist fantasy story of the power of Love that reaches beyond the surface - a project with strong anti-racist vibes and following a general "what is essential is invisible to the eye" motif 

Very nice! I like the snuggly b&w picture. :)

Thank you so much for the event!!  I am so very happy we can earn treats from previous years.  I am missing 25 of them from 2012 so it is amazing I can collect those.  Here's to maybe the same feature for Easter!  

I've forgotten half the dragons from past event stories, much less the Christmas townpeople, so the only shout-out I see so far is the "Person in a parka who got coal for Christmas". Since I know at least one player who knew and remembered the Zombie in the sewers as the same/similar chap to one in flower quest from long ago, I'm sure there are far more I'm missing than I'll ever notice :D

I wonder if the whole set of Tales of Valkemare (and the mini-quests, like that school club, chocolate- and flower-searching Valentine ones, etc) are hosted anywhere to play out of season?

1 hour ago, Leidarendi said:

How the heck do you get past the "strong-willed" gate game?  I'm following the Drag Cave Wiki cheat but those instructions don't match what I see in the game.

This will sound lame, but I did it by trying every door. There is one correct path that stays the same so once you pick the right door at a room, write it down and never change it! Mine was 2,3,2,2,3,? (I don’t remember the last door). So once you get to a new room, keep the same path to get there, and try the new doors one by one.

Thanks Ruby Eyes and wobster109 - I finally made it!

18 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

On the other hand, some people have spent hours on just one of the puzzles.... But if you 'cheat' using the wiki for the puzzles they don't take as long. (Also depends greatly on your browser/computer, at times my character moved so horribly slow it took several minutes just to walk across the screen...)

Managed to do it in about 40-50 mins. Only puzzle that gave me trouble was the one on the far left where you have to go through the doors. I couldn't work out the puzzle so I just brute forced it.

Edited by Alex Chessmaster

I can't believe my tiny mothman made the cut for treats!! He was one of the last ones I found for this year and I was so surprised to see him ;o; !!!!

7vt3s2.png

I was wondering if there is any chance of an extension on the Halloween event deadlines due to the widespread power and internet outages in the southeast after Hurricane Zeta.  It would be very helpful if TJ would kindly add another couple of days for those of us who are affected; I've been working hard all week to collect the trick or treat sprites I had missed!  <3

15 hours ago, Bluheart said:

How many times do we have to do the orbs? I'm on a 2nd go round and I hated it the first time! *sigh*

Thanks!

So I got past the 2nd round of orbs and now I'm on a yet another set of the doors puzzle. Why am I getting duplicate games? I didn't see anything in the Wiki about this. Am I in a glitch?

Could I possibly get some help on this? I have finished that runes puzzle, the big door with the keyhole, but have not done the Lich.The first set of doors I did was completed, or so I thought. I'm on a second set of doors. Is this correct? I keep going round and round with them and can't seem to progress. How do I finish?

Thanks!

I don't really enjoy these types of games, it's painful for my hands since I have to use the keyboard.  I'm also very disappointed that I have to complete the game to get the badge.  It should be like other years, where just playing the game a little gets the badge. 

OTOH, I like the opportunity to get prior years' treats after getting all of this year's, and the week to collect.  I hope this carries over to the Festival of Eggs, as I missed half of 2019's.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Very nice! I like the snuggly b&w picture. :)

Thank you:) Sometimes I feel guilty I don't use pencil anymore:P

(They are snuggles^^)

29 minutes ago, Bluheart said:

Could I possibly get some help on this? I have finished that runes puzzle, the big door with the keyhole, but have not done the Lich.The first set of doors I did was completed, or so I thought. I'm on a second set of doors. Is this correct? I keep going round and round with them and can't seem to progress. How do I finish?

Thanks!

Everything but the runes is done twice. The doors are done the same way as the first time. Follow the floor pattern 

25 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Everything but the runes is done twice. The doors are done the same way as the first time. Follow the floor pattern 

Ohhh I appreciate your reply! I had finally begun to find the pattern which was 44311. Of course on each double digit I started from the wrong end. lol I finally finished the game! I honestly didn't think I would!

Thanks so much! 😊

1 hour ago, Zephrana said:

I can't believe my tiny mothman made the cut for treats!! He was one of the last ones I found for this year and I was so surprised to see him ;o; !!!!

7vt3s2.png

He is my favorite from this year 😄 Good job!

1gwi41v.png This one's mine. It's a pumpkin spice latte! Inspired by my spouse who loves them. It's our tradition to have them together every Friday morning. ^^

I've gotten around to playing the game. I've been doing my best to avoid any spoilers, but I've not been finding these puzzles very difficult at all (so far). If anything, I find it a bit fun to figure them out. Maybe the one with the doors has given me a bit of trouble, but even so it's mostly because I couldn't tell the doors apart lol.

Edited by Eggy0

I just completed the Valkemarian Tales, after just starting today as I thought my game was broken when it loaded onto a blank screen with just the text at the bottom. I didn't remember I had to press space to progress the dialogue 😂.

It was a fun few hours, I've missed these top-down games - the soundtrack this time was spot on and I'm now just sitting on the credits screen to hear the music! I hope we can download this soundtrack somewhere out-of-season!

I also hope this gets added to the Valkemarian Tales archive so we can play it in future! (@Snowwall you can play some of them here!)

Thanks to all the creators, you can tell how much effort went into this! We appreciate you greatly!

3 hours ago, Snowwall said:

I wonder if the whole set of Tales of Valkemare (and the mini-quests, like that school club, chocolate- and flower-searching Valentine ones, etc) are hosted anywhere to play out of season?

Edited by Seahorse

1 hour ago, Bluheart said:

Thanks!

There are two sets of doors, two sets of orbs, two **** labyrinths and two cauldrons.

I'm having difficulty with the mana puzzle, which is the one on the farthest right at the temple. I've tried (Red, Blue, White, Black), (Red, Black, White, Blue), (Red, White, Blue, Black), (Red, Blue, Black, White), and (Black, Blue, White, Red).

On the upper right of the screen is a little box that gives you clues to which places are correct. To the right of the orbs displayed will be markers. Yellow means you've got the orb in the right spot. White means you have the right color in the wrong spot, and no mark means that color orb isn't used at all.