Fuzzbucket

Pygmy tombstones

I was just showing someone else my dying hatchies, preparing to revive as zombies at Hallowe'en (I can hope....)

He loved all my tombstones. 

"Do the pygmies get pygmy tombstones ?"

"No."

But - why not ? Can we please haz teeny tiny tombstones for pygmy zombies ? PRETTY please ? Shouldn't take too much artwork - just have mini versions of the existing ones...

290207441_tinycopy.png.25ede88365da162db70d8fdf55d95c63.png

It's a cute idea, but that's another entire seven tombstones to collect :P

I don't particularly care but I'm very slightly more against this suggestion than for it, because I simply don't think there is any necessity and it would affect existing lineages.

Personally, I wouldn't care either way, but I think my pygmies deserve just as large a tombstone as any of my other dragons.

6 hours ago, Mewtie said:

I don't particularly care but I'm very slightly more against this suggestion than for it, because I simply don't think there is any necessity and it would affect existing lineages.

I agree - there's no necessity - just fun. But the lineages would then just all have tiny tombstones... Not a huge change.

But that's a very valid point, Rozatrasza.

7 hours ago, Keileon said:

But you'd have them when you got their zombies - and most people want all the zombies, so...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I support! Is fun! More things to colect! And I'd rather take 'pygmy are special dergs in life so they should be in deaths too' rather than 'large just as the other dragons'. They're special!

And lineage unafected. You can only breed pygmy with other pygmy.

It's a cute idea. Little bitty tombstones for little bitty dragons. :)

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But you'd have them when you got their zombies - and most people want all the zombies, so...

You won't necessarily have all the tombstones (biome-based) because you have all the zombies (morphology-based). If someone (like me) focuses on messy zombies and only rarely kills CBs, it's extra hassle. Not terribly hard, but with zombie rates being what they are it's a pain :P

That said, I'm not against this suggestion. Call me neutral.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:11 AM, Keileon said:

Getting zombies is a such a horrible tedious process that the thought of having to get seven more makes me want to scream.

No to this unless we get a more reliable way to make zombies (which at this point, seems unlikely). Cute in theory, terrifying in execution.

Why though? Why do pygmies need a different tombstone instead of all dragons getting the same? (Plus weather effects for cbs) death is the great equalizer, every grave is the same.

They don't need them. I agree. But they are so CUTE !

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Why though? Why do pygmies need a different tombstone instead of all dragons getting the same? (Plus weather effects for cbs) death is the great equalizer, every grave is the same.

(TRIGGER WARNING!)

Not quite. As someone who had to visit a graveyard, much more than a kid should have to, I'll tell you that thombstones can be very diffrent from one another. To add more grimm to this, there are pet cemetery where thombstones are much smaller than human's (we know pygmy are the size of a cat and less smarter than normal dragons- see Biscuit the pargulus) is weird that a dragon as big as a lake (Azure) have the same stone as a 'cat' and more, the thombs of kids ('small' humans) are very often smaller and that's because the parents wants them to stand out, to show, in our human weird way, how special the kid was to them.

*The point is tiny dragon = tiny thomb has IRL logic and is not unheared of*

As to the WHY, as I said they're a special kind of dragons, and as we see, pet-like. We want to do tiny cute things for our pets in life as well as in death, and to show they're special. If I want a tiny thomb for my pet, to grieve, I see it only natural for a Valkemarian to want and do it too (dragons only die in a player's care so we are probably the ones who built the stones)

And for the 'I don't want to colect more' ...well...it's a colectables game...that is the point, that is why we have NEW breeds added(so damn often), to keep players engaged and collecting. If this were to be implemented I can't see many players saying 'ughhh this is hard! You know what? I quit', the majority will be rather enthusiastic (and we see it here too) is like shiny pokemon. Anything different catches!

Plus...if you don't want to stress yourself, simply don't colect them... if you don't like a feature, you can ignore it, but if others want a non-existing one, we can't make it ourselves.

Edited by camelia2

I visit many too. my sister is a funeral director. and it depends on the cemetery. older ones have all styles.  many newer ones feature only flat squares.  and MY POINT was all the tombstones are currently the same. The cb tombstones display weathering based on that biome, but the underlying marker is the same.

On 10/26/2020 at 5:57 AM, camelia2 said:

And for the 'I don't want to colect more' ...well...it's a colectables game...that is the point, that is why we have NEW breeds added(so damn often), to keep players engaged and collecting. If this were to be implemented I can't see many players saying 'ughhh this is hard! You know what? I quit', the majority will be rather enthusiastic (and we see it here too) is like shiny pokemon. Anything different catches!

Plus...if you don't want to stress yourself, simply don't colect them... if you don't like a feature, you can ignore it, but if others want a non-existing one, we can't make it ourselves.

The name of the game is collecting, but when a mechanic feels broken and tedious and low-reward it's hard to be enthusiastic about it. I can enjoy hunting for Coppers and Xenowyrms. Killing a bunch of poor dragons every year to try to revive a mere five on ONE day every couple of months with a 5% success rate and doing it over and over until you get over a dozen varieties of this no-other-way-obtainable thing is a massive, throbbing headache. I've pushed for more reasonable ways to obtain them for years. Add another lot of seven different pygmy zombie tombstones and I'd probably scream into the void. Imagine if Pokemon added a Pokemon with a dozen forms that you could find six nights of the year, could only try for five times, and had a super low catch rate. Also, you can't breed them. I'd still get them, but I wouldn't call it ENJOYABLE. I'm already getting horrible Feebas flashbacks...  at least they were kind enough to make that easier instead of adding A DOZEN MORE TYPES OF IT. Xc

@angelicdragonpuppy allow me to disagree. You have 130 kill slots/year (52w/2 × 5) then you have virtually 'unlimited' hatchi-run-out-of time slots.

I own 6 zombies and I am a *VERY* casual killer... I probably only killed about 30 since I play, so, at least from my experience, they are quite obtainable.

Then, you allready have 15 pygmy  zombie sprites to colect, which allready show the stone during day, so you don't actually have to collect any more to have all pygmy stones, j1 dragon, 2 sprites.The only 'extra work' you'd have to do is to kill cb's if you want the biome ones, instead of whichever and I don't see this as THAT much of a hassle

On 10/26/2020 at 9:38 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Getting zombies is a such a horrible tedious process that the thought of having to get seven more makes me want to scream.

No to this unless we get a more reliable way to make zombies (which at this point, seems unlikely). Cute in theory, terrifying in execution.

I agree to this.

4 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

@angelicdragonpuppy allow me to disagree. You have 130 kill slots/year (52w/2 × 5) then you have virtually 'unlimited' hatchi-run-out-of time slots.

I own 6 zombies and I am a *VERY* casual killer... I probably only killed about 30 since I play, so, at least from my experience, they are quite obtainable.

Then, you allready have 15 pygmy  zombie sprites to colect, which allready show the stone during day, so you don't actually have to collect any more to have all pygmy stones, j1 dragon, 2 sprites.The only 'extra work' you'd have to do is to kill cb's if you want the biome ones, instead of whichever and I don't see this as THAT much of a hassle

If you're doing it casually, then you're probably having a very different experience than I did. I DID use all my kill slots. However, I used them at peak time--the 31sts.

Only 7 months have 31sts. They have slightly better success than other nights. Halloween especially has higher success.

Maxing out all of those it still took me over three years to get one of each unique adult and hatchie. It wasn't fun. Success rate was under 10% on non-Halloween 31sts and below 30% on Halloween. I ran the math once on the average time it takes to get one of everything, back when I was making the case for better odds, and it wasn't pretty.

Just counting adults and S2s, there are 38 unique sprites to collect. I don't know how long you've been playing, but once you've been trying for years and STILL can't get the last two or three you need, maybe you'll sympathize more with my agony. Dx

And while, yes, my pygmies would convert, I planned my Zombie collection very carefully to get an even number of tombstone types AND one of each unique zombie. So if this happens there'll be pygmy biomes I'm doubtless missing and normal biome tombstones that I feel compelled to replace.

To summarize again, I'm not against more collectibles--at all--I just think zombie creation is excessively tedious and irritating and non-rewarding ATM and don't want more tombstones or anything of the like unless that changes.

Then do we get half-sized tombstones for DC Drakes?

That aside, I'm not much of a collector so I'm neutral. If spriters want to make and add pygmy tombstones, great. If not, that's fine too.

If there are different sprites for each zombie dragon body type, then I don’t see a problem with pygmies having a different grave stone than full size dragons, same with drakes. It might complicate collecting a bit, but if someone’s going to try and collect every zombie sprite, it probably won’t be much more difficult to add the gravestone to that.

... and double-width tombstones for two-headeds.

I'm not a completionist, so I probably wouldn't care much, but still ... I do see the agony in creating zombies which is why I don't have so many XD

It's a cute idea, but I agree with APD that zombie mechanics would need to be changed before I could support it. Right now zombie-making is too tedious to add more aspects to the collectathon...

Oh, no, it's too cute!  I might finally have to join the zombie madness if it meant having itty-bitty pygmy tombstones!