Ziranos

ANSWERED:[Fixed] Luminas stay scaleless for days, even after being bred again with non-oily dragons

Luminas (both Light and Dark, as far as I know) stopped growing their scales back a few weeks ago. This persists even when their breeding cooldown is done, and even if they are bred again to a non-oily dragon as pictured below, credit to @osomxtsu_sxn for providing examples

ss1.png.1e4d86d6e37214696e0bc7b7ad9f0c6e.png

ss2.png.f487a57a7288a546f9e193ca35ccdd16.png

ss3.png.7ce56bb481b1dda454081ca27b4e6b7d.png

Edited by Ziranos

Also, luminas shed even with a "No Interest" result, which I could have sworn didn't happen before this "permanent shed" change (plus it doesn't really make sense in-game).

image.png.1c15b29e163584dc12ae81cbaedd0705.png

image.png.19d0ae0164fe930b1deef834597c4ee9.png

Edited by Shadowdrake

Yep, I have this as well.

https://dragcave.net/view/Iv43R

I bred this one on the 23rd Sept, it has remained scaless since. Which was great for me unlocking scaless in the encyclopedia! XD 

And no I also think that luminias didnt shed after a ‘no interest’ as well. 

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Also, luminas shed even with a "No Interest" result, which I could have sworn didn't happen before this "permanent shed" change (plus it doesn't really make sense in-game).

2 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

And no I also think that luminias didnt shed after a ‘no interest’ as well. 

I'm fairly certain they did, at least before the "permanent shed" thing: Here's a post I made dated June 17 of this year (makes more sense with the whole interaction)

Fuzz: But don't they shed their scales even when they fail....?

Me: They shed scales on a failed breeding, but not on a refusal! Sorry, didn't make that clear, and thank you!

Anyways, I've been watching this discussion and it is truly bizarre. I don't have any unusually long descaled luminas to share, but I did want to mention that if the 'no interest' thing is a change, then it's either a completely separate change- or has always been that way... 🤔

I have a group I've been tracking here. Most were last bred on the 3rd, except for one, bred on the 3rd and then on the 11th with a dragon that would not make it shed its scales otherwise. That one is still scaleless.

https://dragcave.net/group/138284

https://dragcave.net/view/506x6

While I like the premise of the "bug" or new mechanic or whatever it is, I do feel as if they should revert the next time they're bred. I do like them being scaleless indefinitely until bred again as it gives another fairly unique color for lineages, but there does need to be a way to revert them.

I bred a lumina out of curiosity, and he's remained scaleless for several days now. 

I've always liked the no-scale version, but I do hope this gets fixed at some point.

Yep, mine are normal now! I will admit I really like the scaleless version, but I'm glad to see it fixed regardless.