OMGitsKairi

Confirmation for Declining Trade Offer

Basically what it says on the tin. 

At present it is very easy, especially on mobile, to accidentally decline a trade offer. Personally I have done

this several times on mobile while trying to press "accept" or to scroll on the page, etc. Luckily in each case

I was able to reach the person on the forums.

My suggestion is this; add a confirmation pop-up for declining an offer, the same way one exists for accepting. 

Anyone have any comments/additions?

Edited by OMGitsKairi

Sounds good - I have seen many trades saying "whoever offered a (something) please offer again, as I hit decline by mistake."

Support. Would prevent declining a trade in error, which I have very nearly done in the past.

Supporting this, I've accidentally declined things on mobile more than once.

Definite support! I know this was brought up before, somewhere. Declining on accident definitely happens enough that a confirmation would be very very helpful.

Support! I've definitely clicked it unintentionally before. 

Support. Makes it easy to prevent accidents and doesn't cause any extra inconvenience to hit one extra button when you really mean it.

Those pop ups can be annoying at times when you're using a desktop and mouse, but I wouldn't mind the trouble if it helps the phone folks protect their trades.  :D

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

Those pop ups can be annoying at times when you're using a desktop and mouse, but I wouldn't mind the trouble if it helps the phone folks protect their trades.  :D

I think if you're on desktop, you can immediately click enter to confirm! I don't use it often because I'm worried about accidentally confirming things but if you know for sure what you're doing then it's quite helpful :)

Yes, please! I have big clumsy fingers and my phone is small. 

YES!!! Just happened to me, and Im always afraid to hit the decline button, they are also very close together.

Just here to voice my support. it hasn't happened to me yet, but I am clumsy as hecc and it's just a matter of time. 

Support.

I wanted to check on my trades while our internet was out, so I logged in on my phone... and proceeded to accidentally tap where the decline button is, right after it loaded. : /

The simple fact that at any given time in the hub I can usually find at least one that says something like 'accidentally declined earlier offer, please re-offer!' shows that this is very very needed. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why this isn't how it works by default--every other action that could cause problems if allowed without a confirm has a confirm. Full support.