MoonShark

Expanding Holiday Breeding Season to Two Weeks

2 hours ago, Arcy said:

I'm really curious why you think that, if it means no extra eggs are being bred?

Because I think it will lead to more eggs being bred.

If people are asking for the time to be extended so they can continue lineages that they otherwise don't have space for . . . it means they may not be breeding those dragons at all now, but will if they can keep more of the eggs. I know I only bred a fraction of my dragons for the last several years because I didn't have space to continue lineages that I already had as well as hunt for new ones in the AP. I didn't want to breed just to further overload the AP, but given more space, I will breed more. I doubt I am the only one.

17 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If people are asking for the time to be extended so they can continue lineages that they otherwise don't have space for . . . it means they may not be breeding those dragons at all now, but will if they can keep more of the eggs. I know I only bred a fraction of my dragons for the last several years because I didn't have space to continue lineages that I already had as well as hunt for new ones in the AP. I didn't want to breed just to further overload the AP, but given more space, I will breed more. I doubt I am the only one.

Exactly this. More people able to breed more for their lineages (yes, I'd be one of them, even though I hope this doesn't happen) means more multi-clutch eggs going to the AP. And I don't want to see any change to multis.

Support for extending breeding season but keeping it so each hol pair can only breed once.  I honestly don't care for the 'wah muh clogged AP' issue, extended period would make hol breeding MUCH less stressful for me personally.

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I am another with more plans than space, and was only able to keep 3 of my own bred dragons this year out of the 85 dragons I did raise. (3 self-bred, 27 CBs, 44 bred AP adults and 11 freezers) I don't think increasing the time is the answer.

I would rather see the scroll limts seriously increased as our scrolls get larger. I could pick up more of the CBs I need, raised my bred dragons that I need for my annual breeding projects and continue to pick up pretty lines from the AP and trading. 

No support.

idk, tons of new holidays will be generated every year either way, and lots of people already breed their entire stock of holidays whether they can keep them or not, maybe it wouldn't help AP times like I thought but I can't see it hurting that much.

I suppose giving us more slots accomplishes the same thing better though :3 designated holiday slots?

I would love the Holiday breeding periods to be extended or for us to have more egg slots during the Holiday periods. Like many other people who have posted here, I have a lot of Holiday lineages and don't have the space to breed all the dragons I wish to breed and hardly ever have space to hunt until after the new eggs have been released. This is particularly true at Halloween.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:30 AM, Falorni said:

Support for extending breeding season but keeping it so each hol pair can only breed once. 

This is my thoughts on it.

I don't have a lot of Holiday lineages, but I will admit I don't have the space to do them all (even with 8 spots, and breeding on the first day and using incubate to have them hatch in time to allow for a second round of 8).

The other benefit to this is time. I work retail and the Holidays are exceptionally busy, which leaves me even less time for DC. Having that extra window would take some of the pressure off.

Hear me out: you can breed anything (newly growns, already mated and off cooldown), in the bonus week. BUT:

- Clutches dont exist in the bonus week (are as normal during original week).

- Extra AP only slots for help in clearance.

- You have a daily cap of, say 10 breeds during bonus week. Outside of this maybe gives normal egg? Or induces ‘fake’ cooldown?

- Holiday eggs/hatchies can move onto next stage at 5 days for the total 2 week period (if in AP only grow up to adult on last second of life, eggs only hatch at >= 3 days in AP).

This should allow those who miss the week to breed for themselves what they need, while reducing AP numbers. You would contribute a max of 70 eggs during the extra week to the AP :) but its a daily cap for simplicity. Also having a few more than platinum egg slots is for gifting purposes, the number could be tweaked. 

I admit I doubt it will be a popular idea XD but I tried. For me, being able to rebreed the limited CB populous of Xmas and Val dragons would be most useful; also being able to breed newly growns would have been super useful in some scenarios, especially hol x hol! Hence I strike a kind of compromise in this. 

I would be just happy enough for holiday (read Halloween) eggs to be influencable under 3 days. It's always a pain see so many great lineages in the AP and being able to do nothing to influice them the correct way

*shouts into The Void*

More breeding time for holiday lineages, fewer eggs in clutches, please?

I have holiday dragons that will never be anything but scroll ornaments, because I'm not willing to commit to a five year plan of breeding mates.

5 hours ago, Iside said:

I would be just happy enough for holiday (read Halloween) eggs to be influencable under 3 days. It's always a pain see so many great lineages in the AP and being able to do nothing to influice them the correct way

It's also painful not being able to influence CB eggs caught in the AP when you need a specific gender to have an even number of breeding pairs. But that's just for Halloween, I understand Xmas and Valentines are a very different story... currently.

Anyway, I already posted in this topic like a year ago but it's a good opportunity to reiterate my full support of expanding all the Holidays breeding seasons.

6 hours ago, Iside said:

TJ very recently closed a suggestion thread for that very thing saying there are no plans for anything like that.  At this point we have to assume that time limit is set in stone and any suggestions should take that into account.

4 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

I do not support reducing multiclutches.

Yeah. I think, based on other posts, most people don't want reduced multiclutches.

Just from my own perspective, and reading all the posts in holiday-news threads, I feel like *doubling* the holiday breeding season will need to come with some sort of trade-off or change to how things currently are. If only so a week's worth of eggs don't die in the AP.  The easiest/simplest change would be to reduce or do away with multiclutches, but I really wouldn't want that and I know lots of people feel the same. I would *love* if we could get some temporary extra 'holiday slots' so we could simply raise more, but I very much doubt that would ever happen. 

54 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Just from my own perspective, and reading all the posts in holiday-news threads, I feel like *doubling* the holiday breeding season will need to come with some sort of trade-off or change to how things currently are. If only so a week's worth of eggs don't die in the AP.  The easiest/simplest change would be to reduce or do away with multiclutches, but I really wouldn't want that and I know lots of people feel the same. I would *love* if we could get some temporary extra 'holiday slots' so we could simply raise more, but I very much doubt that would ever happen. 

That, or let us hatch eggs even sooner and warm hatchlings, but just during the Holiday season and applicable only to Holiday eggs/hatchlings.

I like the idea of longer holiday season, even only for the sake of being able to collect more holiday dragons and freeze more things (freeze slot cooldowns, sigh), but simply extending the holiday season really would bring a lot of issues too.  Eggs that are at dangerously low time is just sad to see. During halloween the lowest time halloween AP was (I believe) around 2 days 12 hours, and I am certain that I saw <2 days left normal eggs and think about what that number would drop to and how many eggs can actually die if holiday extends for another week...

And, just on the topic of multi clutching, if extending holiday season=reduce multi clutch then I would not support extending holiday season.

38 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

During halloween the lowest time halloween AP was (I believe) around 2 days 12 hours, and I am certain that I saw <2 days left normal eggs and think about what that number would drop to and how many eggs can actually die if holiday extends for another week...

Oh it was much worse than that, that's why AP times are my biggest concern here. Looking at my 'end of wall' screenshots it looks like the Halloweens got down to 14 hours left at the very end. 

I wouldn't mind an extended holiday breeding, on the surface. But yeah, there are issues that would need to be considered. 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh it was much worse than that, that's why AP times are my biggest concern here. Looking at my 'end of wall' screenshots it looks like the Halloweens got down to 14 hours left at the very end. 

Shoot I remembered them as 2 days 14 hours. I must be mis-remembering...

Yes that's the main reason I'm hesitant about this suggestion. Eggs definitely are going to die because of running out of time with that, ...