Cal-ifornia

Eggs/Hatchlings Owned and Adults Raised numbers are incorrect in the Encyclopedia.

I noticed a while ago that one of my breeds had more adults raised than hatchlings owned, but I just shrugged and figured I'd picked up a low-time AP egg exactly as it grew up or something.

However, I am now seeing the same issue on my Astaarus Encyclopedia page. I have 4 adults in my scroll, and one egg. My Encyclopedia says:

Eggs owned: 5

Hatchlings Owned: 4

Adults Raised: 5

I'll see about going through my pages and writing down what other breeds are inconsistent or wrong once I get home. I just noticed it now and thought maybe others could chime in in the meantime.

Yeah, how do you raise an adult without owning the hatchling?

I suspect that there was lag or somesuch when the hatchling which was NOT counted hatched or arrived on Serotina's scroll so the "hatchlings owned" counter was not updated.

Nah, the other way round: An Astaarus growing up accidentally counting twice due to lag?

(I checked all of my Encyclopedia entries, but none had this number inconsistency.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I figured it was a common thing that the encyclopedia numbers are messed up? At least they have been for me, even aside from the older breeds that clearly don't count anything since I had to unlock them all over again.

For Astaarus it tells me 

• Adults Raised: 13

And yet I only have 12 on my scroll and have never released one, as I just double checked with my action log.

@MissK. Did you toss any astarus eggs or hatchlings to the AP? Particularly ones that were already in hatcheries and thus kept gaining views?

1 minute ago, Shadowdrake said:

@MissK. Did you toss any astarus eggs or hatchlings to the AP? Particularly ones that were already in hatcheries and thus kept gaining views?

I've gifted several through teleports, but surely once they're on a different scroll it should count towards their numbers? Or do you mean in case any of them grew up wild somehow?

1 minute ago, MissK. said:

Or do you mean in case any of them grew up wild somehow?

I do: after all, despite them not being on our scrolls they're still considered "ours" somehow, since we can't grab what we just tossed. Auto-abandoned eggs similarly count towards eggs owned, even though we never held them, so I'm wondering if an adult that grows wild will still count on our encyclopedia as long as no one else got it first.

Then again TP has also had prior bugs. Could be either.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I do: after all, despite them not being on our scrolls they're still considered "ours" somehow, since we can't grab what we just tossed. Auto-abandoned eggs similarly count towards eggs owned, even though we never held them, so I'm wondering if an adult that grows wild will still count on our encyclopedia as long as no one else got it first.

Then again TP has also had prior bugs. Could be either.

That is a good point. I can't find any record of abandoning an Astaarus egg in my action log either, so I guess I'll assume it's a bug indeed? Now I kind of want to test your theory though.

I have no abandoned Astaarus eggs. I was having bad luck with picking them up, so I only picked up 5 total Astaarus eggs so far 

Common pygmies say:

Eggs owned: 13

Hatchlings owned: 11

Adults Raised: 12

Skysilks say:

Eggs owned: 7

Hatchlings owned: 5

Adults Raised: 6

Water Dragons are the only other weird one, with:

Eggs owned: 6

Hatchlings owned: 3

Adults Raised: 4

All of the other 3 breeds have eggs I've abandoned, but that doesn't explain Astaarus. I haven't bred my Astaarus, so no auto-abandon happened either. It's just confusing. (I did check my action log - just in case)

Edit 11:15 cave-time

Out of curiosity I picked up a CB Skysilk egg. The Encyclopedia numbers went up by 1, but are still bugged:

Eggs owned: 8

Hatchlings owned: 5

Adults raised: 6

Edited by Serotina