dragonico

Let us precog neglecteds/NDs

I assume the reason we can't is because NDs can be genderless, and precog doesn't have text for that.

I don't imagine it'd be difficult to fix.

Precog will work on the egg before exp, of course, and it will hold after a turn, provided it is not influenced. But an influenced egg will always be unknown gender.  I'm not opposed to being able to check after, but it isn't necessary.

1 hour ago, Imzadi said:

Precog will work on the egg before exp, of course, and it will hold after a turn, provided it is not influenced. But an influenced egg will always be unknown gender.  I'm not opposed to being able to check after, but it isn't necessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong-- that's only true if the egg is bounced (traded) to make an Incubate wear off at the same time. If you're using a breed that you can do solo experiments on, ie without having to trade the egg to give it an extra day, you can influence without it going genderless.

That being said, I believe ND hatchlings can't be precogged regardless of if they were influenced or not, and that can make things a bit annoying if you got them in a trade, so ultimately I support the suggestion.

16 hours ago, Keileon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong-- that's only true if the egg is bounced (traded) to make an Incubate wear off at the same time. If you're using a breed that you can do solo experiments on, ie without having to trade the egg to give it an extra day, you can influence without it going genderless.

That being said, I believe ND hatchlings can't be precogged regardless of if they were influenced or not, and that can make things a bit annoying if you got them in a trade, so ultimately I support the suggestion.

That's true.  I always know what mine will be, and I don't trade ND for ND so it hasn't been a problem.  Again, I am not opposed to the suggestion.