sburb-player

ANSWERED:Question about aria/bright pinks

Hello! I'm sure this has already been asked but I'm making a dragon tracker sheet and was wondering if there is any difference between arias and the old bright pinks? I know the arias have both genders but would an original bright pink be distinguishable from an aria in any way? 

Thanks so much ^^

Nope, the old bright pinks that people used to have were turned into Arias when those became available. The only way you would be able to tell is by the date on the dragon's view page. 

34 minutes ago, sburb-player said:

Thanks! also oh gosh.. im sure that stirred up a ruckus because I remember how rare they were back then!

Uh, actually they were super commons that blocked the cave because people didn't want them. They were replaced by the (new) pinks because the artist didn't like them anymore. 

While they were unavailable, they weren't generally worth anything since they couldn't breed true. Just bragging rights/proof of being an older member. (Source: I had several)

When they came back their was much celebrating because more people would be able to get them again. I don't actually recall any complaints about arias or frills returning.

19 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Uh, actually they were super commons that blocked the cave because people didn't want them. They were replaced by the (new) pinks because the artist didn't like them anymore. 

While they were unavailable, they weren't generally worth anything since they couldn't breed true. Just bragging rights/proof of being an older member. (Source: I had several)

When they came back their was much celebrating because more people would be able to get them again. I don't actually recall any complaints about arias or frills returning.

I was thinking more that people would "upcharge" dragons that had pinks in their lineage especially if it was a checker or something. My memory could be off though!

On 8/9/2020 at 2:32 AM, sburb-player said:

would an original bright pink be distinguishable from an aria in any way? 

You can only see a difference in the date and therefor the gender. I don't know the exact dates but there were only females before a certain date. When there is a first male, it's definately a 'new' one. But there can be 'new' females in between the last original and first male.

Not sure how to code it into a spreadsheet except by date.

Arias were released May 21, 2016. Anything before that is old Bright pink (discontinued in April of 2009) so a pretty big gap.

You can also distinguish original bright pinks from revived Arias by their codes. Original BPs have codes with 4 digits, Aria codes have 5 digits. ;)