schenanigans

Lag in AP

There's been an intermittent issue with lag specifically in the AP (though there are other lag issues but alas). Sometimes when you click on an egg, the page will take an incredibly long time to load. Other times it won't register that you actually got the egg until minutes later.

It seemed to be especially bad when the Thuweds came through the AP earlier this week.  

I'm *still* noticing this as well, on and off. It never really went away from when it was talked about before. It can be totally fine for awhile, but then suddenly the lag will just be ridiculous. Personally I've noticed it lags more when I click and *don't* get the egg, I always middle-click so the page can open in another tab while I continue to hunt the AP, I can refresh the AP a good handful of times before that other tab loads. Refreshing the AP itself seems sorta-pretty-much fine, but actually opening a clicked-egg's page sometimes takes much longer than it used to. 

Dang, so it wasn't just me having an issue. hopefully this gets fixed or better controlled soon.

Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this. Like others said, it's fine for me simply refreshing the page, but clicking on an egg and trying to be redirected to either the you-caught-it page or the you-didn't-catch-it page lags horribly. Hopefully a solution is found soon. :)

t's been lke that fr a few days already, nt just wth the Thuweds (whch  ttally mssed).

Ruby Eyes' broken keyboard translator incoming XD

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It's been like that for a few days already, not just with the Thuweds (which I totally missed).

I've also been experiencing lag with the AP upon clicking an egg. It seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it's fine, and other times it can lead to 504 errors.

I thought it was just my connection, but having serious problems with lag, too. Sometimes it's fine, but most of the time it takes an age to load when I click an egg. It never gets so bad as to throw up an error page, but it's still irritating.

Yeah, this is still persisting.... Grabbing an egg specifically, whether successful or not, takes an excruciating amount of time to load. 

I am experiencing this problem as well. I noticed it last weekend and especially today. My internet connection is excellent and I'm having no buffering issues on  other sites.

It been going on for a super long time ,doubt it would go away anytime soon. 😞 Miss so many good eggs because of it.

It's way worse than usual today. Even commons/uncommons are taking far too long to reach the BBCode page (or the "no longer available" page). 

It's most frustrating when you click an egg and it takes forever to load, so you click elsewhere, and get the egg later. I checked my scroll several times after clicking away from loading an egg yesterday and went back to AP hunting shortly after only to get the overburdened message because the egg finally decided to show up on my scroll. This is ridiculous 

Yeah, agreed - the lag is intermittent on both PC and mobile, for me on actions, (that's where I've noticed it the most) and the AP. When it bites, it *bites* so badly. Can we please get this sorted? Please?

I've noticed this the most with 'popular' breeds that I assume a lot of people might be clicking at the same time, it can be pretty frustrating...especially since sometimes I do get the egg even a full minute later and by then miss something else I tried to grab.

I'm having issues as well, but it's with all eggs in the AP, not just the "popular" breeds. I am on mobile, but the few times I have used DC on my laptop, I have experienced the same amount of lag. I've cleared everything on my end, so I can say that it is definitely dc. 

I just hit this issue with a Lunar Herald I tried to grab. I tried to repro it with a Guardian I subsequently went for, but didn't hit it.

I seem to be getting lag randomly - yesterday I even set up a trade, got a massive lag - and hen a 403 error - went back to do it again, and the magi was on CD - so I checked my trades - and it was actually up there. It's strange how patchy it is - both in the AP and elsewhere.

There is typically a consistent lag at the hour change, I find. I assume thats because all the CB eggs are being generated.

But, grabbing eggs from the AP can randomly lag even out of the hour change, computer or mobile phone. 

I'm not here to play devil's advocate or say there aren't lag issues, but I just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page that there is a world-wide ongoing overloaded thus slower internet connectivity, limited/overtaxed IP Space, etc. that is 24/7 everywhere on the planet and the reasons behind that? With everyone in the planet.... 24/7, spending far more time on the internet from staying at home, working from home, being unemployed and/or underemployed so having more free-time, but less likely or inclined or able to go outside and thus using the internet far more heavily for everything so that work demands and entertainment demands and educational demands traffic are no longer split into portions of the day but are ongoing 24/7 in every time zone on every place in the planet, have been for months, and will likely continue for months if not longer, and while that transition was something people expected to happen one day in the future on the scale it has (some businesses have been moving to it for quite some time), but the sudden arrival of that change all hitting at once, the world just does not have the current infrastructure in place to accommodate those demands and does the best it can and tried to balance and work as much as it can to try and accommodate those changes, but some things are sometimes going to be given a lower priority, and a Dragon Pixel Game is going to be one of those things. 

Not that it will always be noticeable, but with a larger player base using this game more than they may have in the past (at least some if not a larger portion of them) because life has changed so drastically for everyone, and everyone is just using the internet far more 24/7 everywhere that.... I don't know that it is really an administrative issue to fix. Aside from potentially not having larger drops on the hour or 15-30 minute mark and just keep distributing it more evenly over 5 minute or smaller marks so that the egg drops are more spaced out more evenly in smaller chunks? And then people just camp the biomes for longer periods of time constantly refreshing to catch these.... which I don't know if that helps or makes it worse. 

Even if you pay tons of money to upgrade your "service connectivity", you are still going to face lag at certain moments because there is just nothing you can do about it. Even for essential services. So when the Infrastructure catches up better to the demand (because, let's face it, some businesses will eventually have some people come back to the office, permanently or part-time,) but they save so much by not having to pay for rental retail space and costs of maintaining it, and the employees benefit from the perks of working from home and taking it off their taxes (speaking from a US Tax Payer perspective). I mean, on one hand, I got cut out (aka put on hold which just ain't gonna return, I'm OK with that, I understand business) of a 3-15% increase in my annual salary, but at least I have a job unlike several other people. And if I'm able to continue to work from Home, that is a 20% - 40% raise just from the tax deductions I'm able to take from "Working from Home requirements". 

So yes, I want to keep my job, but I really do not want to ever have to return to the building and lose those tax deductions. And my company sure as heck wants to keep as many people Working from Home as possible (they've been working off that model for a long time now and always looking to grow that % of their employees work from home) because it saves them a ton of money too. With that being a factor, now, internationally, I don't think you are going to see lag issues let up anytime in the near future even if TJ ropes the moon.

Edited by Natayah

Sure there's overload - but this lag - in multiple places - is ONLY on drag cave sites for me - every other site I use is perfectly fine. And others have said the same whenever this has been mentioned..

So I don''t think the international load on the internet is behind it - sorry.

My first thought is *always* 'is it just my computer/browser/etc?', but no. This lag, especially in the AP and trying to grab AP eggs, has been substantially longer and more often than any lag I've come across anywhere else. After being on DC for sooo many years I know by now to check other sites to compare lag. DC has it's very own lag, definitely. I'm seeing it rather bad this morning, got online about 20 minutes ago and first time I refreshed I got an error message, refreshed a few minutes ago and it just kept trying to load but never actually refreshed.

My friend and I keep getting so much lag on and off today she thought the site was down when she first logged in. internet burden is possible, but I use several other sites and they don't lag in the slightest, even when I'm known to have at least 7 or more different tabs open at once. The only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the fact that it calculates how many people are on each page of the cave at once?

Ex: Coast has 4 users while Alpine has 17, main page has 374. it has to hold the page stable for those many people at any given time so that those users all see the same thing. maybe that's part of it?

I'm not computer expert, it's just my guess. ^_^;

Edited by Syiren
typos. what can ya do? lol