Ashlynnii

Platinum Problem

An issue relating to trophies.

I just recently reached 1,000 grown dragons, qualifying for the platinum trophy and its new egg and hatchling limit. Problem is, it appears to not be registering. I at first thought that it was only a visual error, but when I attempted to get a new egg, it said that I was already overburdened despite only having seven eggs. Has anyone else had this problem?

dragscreen1.PNG

dragscreen2.PNG

I believe trophies are +1.  So you would need one more. Otherwise, try clearing your cache and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

I believe trophies are +1.  So you would need one more. Otherwise, try clearing your cache and see if that fixes it.

+1? I've never heard of that. I was told that it was just at the number. Never heard of +1.

There used to be issues with the trophies a while ago but I haven't heard of anything wrong with them recently. According to the wiki, the trophy is for 1001+ dragons so I guess you now need 1001.

This seems like a bug that should be fixed - either in the egg limit overview page, or in the code so it matches the egg limit overview page. ^_^ I guess most people don't run into this because it's rare someone has the exact number of dragons cited, but it seems like they ought to be aligned.

As I said, I'm not sure it still is. I had 1000 well before the platinum came out so it's been a very long time since I unlocked a trophy. Did you try clearing your cache to see if it was just stuck?

10 hours ago, Terces said:

There used to be issues with the trophies a while ago but I haven't heard of anything wrong with them recently. According to the wiki, the trophy is for 1001+ dragons so I guess you now need 1001.

That's so incredibly weird. The fact that that the actual dragon cave page for trophies (i.e. not the wiki) doesn't mention that is... perplexing.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

As I said, I'm not sure it still is. I had 1000 well before the platinum came out so it's been a very long time since I unlocked a trophy. Did you try clearing your cache to see if it was just stuck?

I tried the cache clear, but no dice, still hasn't changed.

It's unlikely to be a cache problem, since everyone can see you still have gold instead of plat.

And still 1000 grown dragons. Get another and you'll be green :)

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And still 1000 grown dragons. Get another and you'll be green :)

So the 1001 thing is true? I wonder why they don't put that on the trophy screen, that seems like a bug.

It should read "over 1000", I think. Freeze a hatchy and you'll be there. (grab and incubate a low time egg, blitz it and then freeze :) )

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It should read "over 1000", I think. Freeze a hatchy and you'll be there. (grab and incubate a low time egg, blitz it and then freeze :) )

Some people say that it's a bug, while others say that it's deliberate. When I look up the topic on the forums, I don't get any clarification from people who work on the site.

The "people who work on the site" is just 1 person with a day-to-day job.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The "people who work on the site" is just 1 person with a day-to-day job.

Oh. I am very sorry, I didn't realize that.

1 minute ago, Ashlynnii said:

Oh. I am very sorry, I didn't realize that.

It's easy to miss when seeing such a well-made game :) Of course, a large amount of sprites have been made by other players.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Of course, a large amount of sprites have been made by other players.

I think that's what got me.