snoesiepoes

ANSWERED:Find users

I found it once but can't find it anymore:

Where do I search the corresponding forum profile to a scroll? Where you enter scrollname and get forum name?

Didn't find an answer in faq either so...

It's not by any means reliable.

Search > more options > members > put in any random member, and when you get to their profile, scroll down and go for "scroll name". I just tested on my own- worked - and another scroll name where I know who owns it - and it took me to someone QUITE different.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yeah, it's a substring search, unfortunately. So imagine looking for someone with the scrollname "Sunny" (random example) - this would also get you "Sunny_Day", "sunny flower" or anything else with "sunny" in it. Good luck!

On 8/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

It's not by any means reliable.

Search > more options > members > put in any random member, and when you get to their profile, scroll down and go for "scroll name". 

Thank you!

I suppose when people in trades state "list on forum" the info will be correct 🤷

If not, too bad :)

22 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Yeah, it's a substring search, unfortunately. So imagine looking for someone with the scrollname "Sunny" (random example) - this would also get you "Sunny_Day", "sunny flower" or anything else with "sunny" in it. Good luck!

I get your point :)

Still better than nothing. Most scroll names are something like "amazinglyhandsomedude504" 🤣

Thanks for explaining!

20 minutes ago, snoesiepoes said:

Thank you!

I suppose when people in trades state "list on forum" the info will be correct 🤷

If not, too bad :)

I didn't know you could put that....

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I didn't know you could put that....

I see all kinds of trade messages. Even exactly the same ones, in exactly the same wording, minutes apart. But from "different" users 😒

And yes, "offer a hatchie from the list in my forum profile" is not that uncommon. Some add forum name but most of them don't. So it's a quest every time 😂

1 hour ago, snoesiepoes said:

I see all kinds of trade messages. Even exactly the same ones, in exactly the same wording, minutes apart

Well, I have to admit I'm really lazy, so I might just copy+paste a trading message if it fits with my trade, too, thus it would sound just the same as one close below... ^^