borntobefree

Loan out to stud

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh don't for one moment think that if you decline a request you aren't at risk of viewbombing,... But Astreya's idea would get round that - if you have to go to the hub to offer sperm, like.... only someone you co-operate with will know who you are; I HAVE been bombed for declining a trade, but only once. So far....

Yeah but that is a risk that applies to everything. As long as your scroll name is available and your scroll isn't hidden you run a risk of viewbombing. The hub thing has the same risks as our current trading hub and it is a risk your currently have to take even on the trading hub.

Regarding the IVF thing, it doesn't seem like it would fit in to DC as it really doesn't fit into the magical / medieval context IMO. I still think having a bsa to make a dragon go to someone else's scroll (where the only available action is breed) makes the most sense, though I think i have an idea where there is no transfer of dragons.

Instead of having it go to someone else's scroll which someone may not like (in which case there is no reason for them to even be offering a stud anyways) perhaps it could be some sort of dragon bsa, like the magis for the hub that "leads the dragons to a secluded area", where the egg is produced. like this:

1. I have the stud hub BSA dragon (in this case a celestial)

I need a mate for dragon X

I put up dragon X on the hub, requesting a mate. This comes with the knowledge that the person putting the trade on the hub gets the egg if any is produced, since it's their bsa being used.

Someone, after seeing my request, offers a mate Y, knowing that they won't get any egg out of it, they are simply offering a stud, like an offer on a trade.

I accept this person's mate offer, and click the accept offer button.

gropjpgr.PNG

2. Upon accepting the offer, the two dragons are automatically bred with each other - the stud dragon is never transferred to your scroll, it simply takes place outside of both users' scrolls.

The flavor text could read something like (just examples):

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. A while later, the dragons part ways, and your [stud hub BSA dragon] finds an egg" - this gives the person who requested  a mate and used the bsa to put up the request

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. A while later, the dragons part ways, though the [stud hub BSA dragon] finds no egg" - no egg outcome

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. However they quickly leave as they do not show much interest in each other" -no interest

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. However they refuse to go near each other" -refusal

fwewfewfe.PNG

***I used celestials as an example BSA breed but I am sure there are breeds better suited to this***

The person offering the stud gets notification that their offer was accepted and that their dragon had been bred and is on cooldown

3. The dragons never leave their respective scrolls, they simply have the breed bsa on cooldown for the next 7 days. If the requester is locked, then it adds on the "overburdened" message and the egg is AP'd, like regular breeding. 

I personally don't mind, it would get things interesting and definetly more dynamic without necessarly being harassment. The only thing I would care about is that our dragons keep being portayed as intelligent beings that can choose freely who they breed with. At least that's how I currently see the game right now, we're not treating them as cattle since they can have no interest, refuse each other etc..

This could just be a suggestion that is up to TJ on how to implement it in game.

I don't know if I would use it very often as it is, but I see no harm in suggesting something new. Maybe there could just be like a message on the top of your scroll that says: "User XXX would like to see if *dragon code* is interested in *dragon code* in your care, do you acconsent the two dragons meeting?" and the options for you to reply are: YES - NO - THIS DRAGON IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BREEDING (Both if it's in CD or you don't want to breed that specific dragon) - BLOCK this user requests -

There could be an increased multicluch in success case, so both users can obtain an egg from this exchange. Or you could pay the other user a fix amount of shards if he allows you to enter his property to meet the dragons in your care. And if you just hate this idea there could be an option such as "notifications for interscroll breeding" pinned as "no" in your account settings.

The idea in theory is nice, but the action of sending a fully grown dragon to another scroll to breed is out of the question for me. Even with 7K+ dragons on my scroll I still am not happy with the idea of sending them away, even for a period of time to breed somewhere else.

And how is it decided which of the two scroll owners sends and which receives? Why does one get to have both? Would a place exist where both owners could send them and view? (Still not okay with that btw) What happens if only one egg is bred? Who gets it? How is it decided? rock/paper/scissors? Coin flip? either way one of them goes through the trouble for nothing.

And what of certain restricted breeds like GoN's? How would that work if one scroll is at th emax limit, or both are? 

I also second the concerns of others before me. What of the risk of view bombing, sickness and if the other can either release or kill the co-op user's dragon? 

To me the risk far outweighs the reward.

For those reasons above, I, respectively do not support this option. 

I think a hub-like situation where you're putting up one dragon to be bred and getting offers of specific partners would be the way to go about this. Personally, if I'd be offering out a dragon for breeding, I would want to know exactly who's gonna be showing up in their progeny. I don't see any reason you'd need to temporarily transfer the dragon to another person's scroll to have inter-scroll breeding.

My concern is just in the way eggs would be handled... like, the easiest, cleanest method is definitely to say "Person who posts the breeding request is the person who keeps the egg if there is one" but it makes me wonder how many people would want to respond to breeding requests if they're not getting any benefit from it.

Stopped reading after halfway down the 2nd page as it seems to be repeating.

Edit: read all of it now. Can a couple of the users chill some cause some of the responses are getting rude 😔

Some people don't want to be contacted regarding their dragons, at all. Some people want to show off their dragon(s) they have but don't want to breed them. When Shimmers first came out and I got my 2nd gen, I offered to breed. Most PM's were polite but I did have a few that are very similar to what Olympe posted. I remember I roughly had bred a month and a half until I finally got a Shimmer. I told the user every week the "update" but after the third week they started messaging me. Like? I bred them, I told you, I don't have an egg. That's a mild one and it was someone that was already on my list. I had PM's from people (while my listings were closed) that borderline were demanding I breed for them. 

You seem to be missing that Olympe's examples are harassing. Your response/example isn't. 

Honestly, if this did get implemented, not everyone would use it and I can see a lot of CB Prize owners refusing to participate. First, both parties have to agree to this service, and there's no "stud my dragon and we both benefit", it seems to run off of charitable people agreeing to let users "borrow" their dragons. Secondly, how do the users that are ok with this on the site sort it out? There's no message system in the cave. 

Also what I don't understand is why use this feature when people can just breed their dragons and make a trade? The only reason I read was so we can get PB Prizes. Seems like this request revolves primarily around this. This request honestly just reads as "You have this thing I want, let's share because I want it too" of course there's a decline option but that's what this request reads to me.

In the game standpoint, dragons aren't horses or dogs, they're very intelligent creatures so treating them as breeding stock doesn't fit in-game either. 

Editing because I don't actually know. Do CB Hollies not drop in the Holiday biome where you get past CB dragons of that corresponding holiday?

Edited by BlightWyvern
Misinformed?

28 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

This could just be a suggestion that is up to TJ on how to implement it in game.

I don't know if I would use it very often as it is, but I see no harm in suggesting something new. Maybe there could just be like a message on the top of your scroll that says: "User XXX would like to see if *dragon code* is interested in *dragon code* in your care, do you acconsent the two dragons meeting?" and the options for you to reply are: YES - NO - THIS DRAGON IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BREEDING (Both if it's in CD or you don't want to breed that specific dragon) - BLOCK this user requests -

There could be an increased multicluch in success case, so both users can obtain an egg from this exchange. Or you could pay the other user a fix amount of shards if he allows you to enter his property to meet the dragons in your care. And if you just hate this idea there could be an option such as "notifications for interscroll breeding" pinned as "no" in your account settings.

There cannot be an on scroll message from one user to another. It is crucial that people  understand this. TJ's job does not allow it. There is no way around this one. That message can never happen.

(Also it needs to be opt in, NOT opt out. New players do not need to be automatically entered ! If it's just done in the regular hub, no problem, - we just wouldn't offer if we weren't interested in cross-scroll breeding anyway

No shards involved, please. Make it just like any other form of trade.

58 minutes ago, Dohaerys said:

2. Upon accepting the offer, the two dragons are automatically bred with each other - the stud dragon is never transferred to your scroll, it simply takes place outside of both users' scrolls.

THIS works.

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. A while later, the dragons part ways, and your [stud hub BSA dragon] finds an egg" - this gives the person who requested  a mate and used the bsa to put up the request

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. A while later, the dragons part ways, though the [stud hub BSA dragon] finds no egg" - no egg outcome

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. However they quickly leave as they do not show much interest in each other" -no interest

" Your [stud hub BSA dragon] leads dragon X and dragon Y to a secluded area. However they refuse to go near each other" -refusal

fwewfewfe.PNG

***I used celestials as an example BSA breed but I am sure there are breeds better suited to this***

The person offering the stud gets notification that their offer was accepted and that their dragon had been bred and is on cooldown

What about the CD on the celestial - someone suggested an extra long CD for the stud dragon and its mate ?

And yes - it does need not to guarantee an egg - just like any other breeding. Otherwise it's a way to get around the difficulties of breeding rares etc,.

3. The dragons never leave their respective scrolls, they simply have the breed bsa on cooldown for the next 7 days. If the requester is locked, then it adds on the "overburdened" message and the egg is AP'd, like regular breeding. 

Ouch. But fair enough !

6 minutes ago, BlightWyvern said:

Stopped reading after halfway down the 2nd page as it seems to be repeating.

Some people don't want to be contacted regarding their dragons, at all. Some people want to show off their dragon(s) they have but don't want to breed them. When Shimmers first came out and I got my 2nd gen, I offered to breed. Most PM's were polite but I did have a few that are very similar to what Olympe posted. I remember I roughly had bred a month and a half until I finally got a Shimmer. I told the user every week the "update" but after the third week they started messaging me. Like? I bred them, I told you, I don't have an egg. That's a mild one and it was someone that was already on my list. I had PM's from people (while my listings were closed) that borderline were demanding I breed for them. 

You seem to be missing that Olympe's examples are harassing. Your response/example isn't. 

(y)

Honestly, if this did get implemented, not everyone would use it and I can see a lot of CB Prize owners refusing to participate. First, both parties have to agree to this service, and there's no "stud my dragon and we both benefit", it seems to run off of charitable people agreeing to let users "borrow" their dragons. Secondly, how do the users that are ok with this on the site sort it out? There's no message system in the cave. 

Also what I don't understand is why use this feature when people can just breed their dragons and make a trade? The only reason I read was so we can get PB Prizes. Even getting a CB holly is possible with the new "biome" on holidays so it seems like this request revolves primarily around this. This request honestly just reads as "You have this thing I want, let's share because I want it too" of course there's a decline option but that's what this request reads to me.

That is my gut feeling too, but...

In the game standpoint, dragons aren't horses or dogs, they're very intelligent creatures so treating them as breeding stock doesn't fit in-game either. 

This too - that was why someone suggested an IVF like solution.

1 hour ago, Dohaerys said:

Yeah but that is a risk that applies to everything. As long as your scroll name is available and your scroll isn't hidden you run a risk of viewbombing. The hub thing has the same risks as our current trading hub and it is a risk your currently have to take even on the trading hub.

Regarding the IVF thing, it doesn't seem like it would fit in to DC as it really doesn't fit into the magical / medieval context IMO. I still think having a bsa to make a dragon go to someone else's scroll (where the only available action is breed) makes the most sense, though I think i have an idea where there is no transfer of dragons.

Instead of having it go to someone else's scroll which someone may not like (in which case there is no reason for them to even be offering a stud anyways) perhaps it could be some sort of dragon bsa, like the magis for the hub that "leads the dragons to a secluded area", where the egg is produced. like this:

1. I have the stud hub BSA dragon (in this case a celestial)

I need a mate for dragon X

I put up dragon X on the hub, requesting a mate. This comes with the knowledge that the person putting the trade on the hub gets the egg if any is produced, since it's their bsa being used.

Someone, after seeing my request, offers a mate Y, knowing that they won't get any egg out of it, they are simply offering a stud, like an offer on a trade.

I accept this person's mate offer, and click the accept offer button.

gropjpgr.PNG

fwewfewfe.PNG

I was shifting ideas and came to a similar convention.

Jut that IMO a studding should have a cost. Eggs and hatchy like a normal trade

I'll give my go on it:

Breeding hub

-you use a teleport to create the trade. You select the payment (egg/hatch) and the dragon you want mated.

-you describe what mate you want. Ex '2G SAkin'

-someone offers up a mate

-you hit accept. The 2 dragons are bred, the payment is transfered.

-the egg, if any is produced, stays on the requester's scroll

(Can't do visuals atm, but will)

Lore-wise is like taking a horse to the horse market and you find it a fmate there. Medieval-like and fitting. The breeding is like a normal one so they might reject/refuse having the will (so not rape)

So dragon won't live and you know its partner. Also is not free.

How would you handle the "cost" - you'd need that extra "stud" option, I guess and then the offer/want box would be different. I'll try and make a mock-up later.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There cannot be an on scroll message from one user to another. It is crucial that people  understand this. TJ's job does not allow it. There is no way around this one. That message can never happen.

(Also it needs to be opt in, NOT opt out. New players do not need to be automatically entered ! If it's just done in the regular hub, no problem, - we just wouldn't offer if we weren't interested in cross-scroll breeding anyway

No shards involved, please. Make it just like any other form of trade.

Immagine.png

Here is a picture of the in current messaging between users, regarding offerings, accepted trades, declined trades. In this case we could have the bell or we could have a precompilated message as you like.

you're right, a regular hub would work. If you offer x, y, z of your dragons available to breeding and someone offers a, b, c dragons of your liking to breed them is no different from two way trading.

If shards are to be left out of this topic then I'm afraid that only if both users would get an egg from the breeding it could be satisfying, but I'm open to other ideas :)

Edited by Naruhina_94

2 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

Yeah but that is a risk that applies to everything. As long as your scroll name is available and your scroll isn't hidden you run a risk of viewbombing. 

This comes with the knowledge that the person putting the trade on the hub gets the egg if any is produced, since it's their bsa being used.

~The thing is though, users shouldn't be made to feel like they're making any risk just because someone got mad/wants to target a user. Sure it'll happen to people but let's not act like being targeted is, or should be, considered expected. 

~A lot of us don't like the idea. If this idea was remotely considered being implemented, it needs to appeal to a lot of people. Telling people "oh don't use it then" defeats the purpose. People expressed why they don't like it. If the idea only appeals to a small group it's not going to get accepted. Instead its better to tailor the idea, compromise with others so that you get more support, such as the idea you started. 

Overall I like your idea. 

However I still am curious about who exactly is going to use this. This idea seems more or less banking on people being very generous and just studding their rare dragons for free. (I say this because it seems aimed at others getting lineages from CB prizes, Hollys, and rares like spriter alts and thuweds, things you can't buy with shards)

Edited by BlightWyvern

43 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

I was shifting ideas and came to a similar convention.

Jut that IMO a studding should have a cost. Eggs and hatchy like a normal trade

I'll give my go on it:

Breeding hub

-you use a teleport to create the trade. You select the payment (egg/hatch) and the dragon you want mated.

-you describe what mate you want. Ex '2G SAkin'

-someone offers up a mate

-you hit accept. The 2 dragons are bred, the payment is transfered.

-the egg, if any is produced, stays on the requester's scroll

(Can't do visuals atm, but will)

Lore-wise is like taking a horse to the horse market and you find it a fmate there. Medieval-like and fitting. The breeding is like a normal one so they might reject/refuse having the will (so not rape)

So dragon won't live and you know its partner. Also is not free.

32 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How would you handle the "cost" - you'd need that extra "stud" option, I guess and then the offer/want box would be different. I'll try and make a mock-up later.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of using eggs/hatchies as 'payment' for stud... It seems like that would be more complicated and niche then trading-hub 'payment' currently is. What I'm understanding is that if you are looking for a specific dragon on another's scroll, you would post a trade/stud offering a couple specific eggs/hatchlings in exchange for the ability to breed your adult dragon to someone else's adult dragon and keep the resulting egg? So, not only would there need to *be* a user okay with loaning their own dragon for someone else to breed, you'd better hope that same user will find that random 'payment' good enough? Am I understanding that correctly? That seems it would be a much smaller chance of actually happening then the current hub-trades where you can simply look through what is posted and choose to offer something of your own. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it?

1 minute ago, BlightWyvern said:

~The thing is though, users shouldn't be made to feel like they're making any risk just because someone got mad/wants to target a user. Sure it'll happen to people but let's not act like being targeted is, or should be, considered expected. 

~A lot of us don't like the idea. If this idea was remotely considered being implemented, it needs to appeal to a lot of people. Telling people "oh don't use it then" defeats the purpose. People expressed why they don't like it. If the idea only appeals to a small group it's not going to get accepted. Instead its better to tailor the idea, compromise with others so that you get more support, such as the idea you started. 

Overall I like your idea. 

However I still am curious about who exactly is going to use this. This idea seems more or less banking on people being very generous and just studding their rare dragons for free. (I say this because it seems aimed at others getting lineages from CB prizes, Hollys, and rares like spriter alts and thuweds, things you can't buy with shards)

Yeah, agree with this too. What percentage of actual 'normal' players would be interested in using something like this? I mean people without CB Prizes or super-rare SAs or whatever? This honestly does feel like a 'for the elite' feature, it *may* greatly benefit some players who actually have those super-rare things but what about the majority of normal players? If it cost shards like the OP wanted, at least that would be a *reason* for the other person to agree to the loan, but I feel like this suggestion as a whole just greatly overestimates how many people would be willing to let others use their dragons for breeding with no real benefit to themselves. Of course *some* people will, but is this a suggestion that's actually going to benefit a large number of people?

3 hours ago, Dohaerys said:

But what's in it for the person offering the mate? I think this is a very lopsided deal.

I just noticed there were ample people addressing this after the post I quotes :facepalm:

My suggestion would be - what about a breeding option for a breeding option? E.g. If someone offers / requests a breeding option (sperm/egg, depending on gender of dragon), then one returns a similar option from a dragon of your scroll.

E.g.:

Have: unfertilized egg from 2G Shallow / Want: sperm of 2G Bluna

You receive this "breeding option" and then can apply this as you see fit within a certain time frame.

Edited by Astreya

1 hour ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Immagine.png

Here is a picture of the in current messaging between users, regarding offerings, accepted trades, declined trades. In this case we could have the bell or we could have a precompilated message as you like.

you're right, a regular hub would work. If you offer x, y, z of your dragons available to breeding and someone offers a, b, c dragons of your liking to breed them is no different from two way trading.

Those messages are not from other users, they are from the site. You, the player, cannot communicate that way. It isn't between users at all; it just tells you what has happened.

20 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of using eggs/hatchies as 'payment' for stud... It seems like that would be more complicated and niche then trading-hub 'payment' currently is. What I'm understanding is that if you are looking for a specific dragon on another's scroll, you would post a trade/stud offering a couple specific eggs/hatchlings in exchange for the ability to breed your adult dragon to someone else's adult dragon and keep the resulting egg? So, not only would there need to *be* a user okay with loaning their own dragon for someone else to breed, you'd better hope that same user will find that random 'payment' good enough? Am I understanding that correctly? That seems it would be a much smaller chance of actually happening then the current hub-trades where you can simply look through what is posted and choose to offer something of your own. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it?

Yes you are. ;)  It could work like this for someone ASKING. (I made an impossible code so as not to step on any toes....)

image.png.6a57e3be411aebe332a5a5652066e259.png

And in reverse: Offer: Will breed F93xyz with your dragon. Want: 2 gen PB Summer.

Yeah, agree with this too. What percentage of actual 'normal' players would be interested in using something like this? I mean people without CB Prizes or super-rare SAs or whatever? This honestly does feel like a 'for the elite' feature, it *may* greatly benefit some players who actually have those super-rare things but what about the majority of normal players? If it cost shards like the OP wanted, at least that would be a *reason* for the other person to agree to the loan, but I feel like this suggestion as a whole just greatly overestimates how many people would be willing to let others use their dragons for breeding with no real benefit to themselves. Of course *some* people will, but is this a suggestion that's actually going to benefit a large number of people?

This is honestly where I stand too - but as people seem to like the idea, let's try and make it work as well as possible

Most of my dragons mate for life. They would not be happy with being sent out for stud!

I don't like this idea at all, firstly because it doesn't really fit my image of the world of Valkemare. This game isn't about some horse stables or kennels after all. And, I don't know, I somehow don't see it as suitable for the game playing either. What's the point of gathering information – dragons – on your scroll if you could just loan anything from someone else? Although, there probably wouldn't be so many oppurtunities for newer players and those without CB prizes, alts or other special dragons or rares. If the new most valuable thing was sperm of a SAlt or female holly, how hard would it be for ordinary players to find trades and obtain rarer things? I'm sorry but I have to say I wish this idea won't get in the Cave.

Fortunately, though, we can at least always choose to not use a feature we don't like ourselves. :)

6 hours ago, camelia2 said:

This suggestion will inevitably rule out anyone not on forum; '

Not necessarily. People often post trades on the hub and the forum...and sometimes Discord. I actually had a person PM me on Discord asking about a trade that was only posted on the hub at the time. It worked out nicely and we went our merry way, but people will find a way to contact you if they are so inclined.

I'm still not in favor of this, but I'd really like more parameters about how this works. I also like what @Astreya suggested a bit more than having dragons leave scrolls, etc. I also like the fleshed out mock-up.

Right now the only benefit I see from this suggestion is that the person loaning the male dragon out either gets shards....or clout...or whatever is arbitrarily being offered if there is only one egg produced and it goes to the person with the momma dragon. Or if the egg goes to the person loaning the dragon out for stud, there's no incentive to offer on anyone's stud posting. 

Edited by Jazeki

I think you could offer either sex of dragon, and the person asking for the breeding gets the egg; the person offering to do it gets - whatever the other offered - see my mock-up image further up. The only shards would be the ones I imagine you'd get for breeding - not sure who is entitled to those. In normal circs the breeder has both dragons and gets the shards. This would have - technically - two people breeding.

If this goes via BSA, don't you think the Alcedine (aka "stay well-connected" dragon) would make perfect sense?

How would a BSA work - most people aren't happy with their dragons going to other scrolls - isn't the hub a better option ? But which were the ones that people wanted for undoing refusals a while ago ?

ETA Imperial fleshcrowne

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Skimmed the thread, so I may have missed something but this is my two cents.

I mean, I don't really care if studding is implemented or not. I'm never going to use it myself, and I don't know that enough people would use it to warrant a need for it. Though if enough users want it, and if TJ likes it, I'm sure he'll implement it in a way that people who want to stud will enjoy. Just from thinking back on his previous posts about the function of the market and shards, I highly, highly doubt anything will ever be used for shards besides market eggs, though. Not saying I'm agreeing or disagreeing with anything, I just doubt it'd happen with shards.

I think Doha summed up pretty nicely the only way this would work out - sending dragons to other scrolls is needlessly complicated.

My thoughts are that I only see this working one of two ways, either:

- One-way stud: You go to the stud market page and find a mate you were looking for.  The other user has posted a stud fee in shards.  You submit a breeding request.  If the owner of the stud accepts, you pay the stud fee and get the egg.  If the breeding is not successful (refusal/no interest/no egg), you don't pay (or, you do, and that's just part of the risk of requesting a rare stud).

- Two-way stud: You go to the stud market page and find a mate you were looking for.  You submit a breeding request.  If the owner of the stud accepts, and the breeding is successful, you both get an egg.

- Both options are available, and it is up to the person putting their dragon up for stud to select, similar to how you may select different types of trade transactions with Teleport.

Allowing payment in breeding IOUs/etc. is also needlessly complicated.  We already have an onsite currency.  This would technically be using shards to buy an egg (or essentially trading, as both parties get an egg with option B).

Edit:

I would not involve BSAs in this.  I don't see the need, and it disadvantages newer players.  I would instead suggest that each scroll can have a limited number of dragons up for stud at a time.

Edit #2:

I don't support nor see any reason to allow other users to submit breeding requests to you out of the blue.  Either your dragon is up for stud (and thus you will potentially get breeding requests for that one dragon) or it is not.  The only way such a system as the one I have outlined would open you up for harassment is that people will have your scroll name (should it be visible on your dragon's page).  Which is true of any dragon you post on a public clicksite.

Edited by spatio

I understand why people are suggesting a BSA since magis use teleport to trade, but I don't think it's necessary. We assume the breeding is happening on one person's scroll or the other. 

If this happens, I agree that the service payment should be limited to shards or dragons (trading) or for free (like a transfer).  It should exist within the same rules as the trading hub--especially since it seems to be just a glorified form of trading.

I don't honestly see why the dragon has to go to the other scroll to begin with. Just give the person a link or have it on a hub-like page, wait for an offer, confirm it, dragons attempt to make a baby. Easy. Can't offer a dragon on cooldown just like you can't offer an egg on cooldown, etc.

5 hours ago, Keileon said:

I don't honestly see why the dragon has to go to the other scroll to begin with. Just give the person a link or have it on a hub-like page, wait for an offer, confirm it, dragons attempt to make a baby. Easy. Can't offer a dragon on cooldown just like you can't offer an egg on cooldown, etc.

Me neither. As I said - why would this not be enough ?

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

image.png.6a57e3be411aebe332a5a5652066e259.png

And in reverse: Offer: Will breed F93xyz with your dragon. Want: 2 gen PB Summer.

I think you could offer either sex of dragon, and the person asking for the breeding gets the egg; the person offering to do it gets whatever the other offered for the breeding (as in, in this case,  2 gen PB gold egg.

And NO SHARDS.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The question is - how high a probability of success should such a breeding have (Standard?) and would people not be annoyed if they offer, say, a 2G PB Gold and then get a "no interest" in return. I think one should add a caveat "Stud services have the normal probabilities and can result in "no egg", "no interest" or a refusal, too."