camelia2

Warning for holidays on Encyclopedia

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

(Actually I've been calling them yellow, based on the S1 hatchies....)

But they probably also don't know that if they have said "lineaged is OK" they can't tell till the egg hatches.

Don't pargulus eggs sort with the proper color? I've been able to tell what color my bred parguluses are, but in trades it just comes down to trusting that people know that and are telling the truth. 

I do still think the encyclopedia note would be helpful, even if it's not really solving the problem laid out in the OP. 

7 hours ago, ADN6 said:

Don't pargulus eggs sort with the proper color? I've been able to tell what color my bred parguluses are, but in trades it just comes down to trusting that people know that and are telling the truth. 

Do they if they are bred ?  That would be useful to know; I shall be able to test later today :D

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

But we can discuss various types of "good". And I just don't think that requiring an unlock would help getting the point across that some breeds are currently not available.

Of course! I'm sorry if you got an impression I was saying anything else? I'd like to see this in multiple places, but Fuzz's argument sounded like "it won't help regardless where you put it", which I don't find very helpful. Some people do look, but at the moment they can't find the information on-site.

I didn't mean it quite like that but I do think you will still get plenty of people asking for dragons that cannot be bred/found as CB and the like.

11 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I didn't mean it quite like that but I do think you will still get plenty of people asking for dragons that cannot be bred/found as CB and the like.

Sure you will. Just as you have people asking for gold for 1 CB hatchi. People that insist on staying oblivious, will still be.... but it will help those that DO LOOK (and those that forget)

I discovered Encyclopedya in my very first days so I know for a fact that it is easy to find, not to mention you can also access it by mistake if you have an unlocked breed and click on breed name.

Some of you are missing my edit here. Add a separate chapter for holidays on the Encyclopedia. Just as Elements is. No unlock needed, still in the good place. (So no is not easier to find someone else's derg)

Many players still don't even know the encyclopedia exists. And asking for silly things is - just silly. Asking for something impossible because you don't know it's impossible is very different. (I did see your edit, but while I have no quarrel with a page in the encyclopaedia, I don't think that will do the trick.)

Finding someone else's derg - if they hadn't found it, they wouldn't even have known the holiday existed to ask for one, so.... People view scrolls in a way most don't trawl the encyclopedia.

Fuzz, to say many don't know about encyclopedia is an exageration. You have no stats on that.

On the other hand I know is easy to be found. I found it. I constantly see new players on discord asking for dragons to view, this week someone asked about it. Never have I ever see someone be 'huh? Encyclopedia? What is that?' which means *most* know about it.

Plus it is the place *intended* to have info.

Contrarry to having to *know* someone's username to view their dragons as we lack an ID surffable link.

You are right, to know the name you must've seen it somewhere, but it only means you saw 1, not every holiday dragons to know there are multiple and to go looking for them. 

This ideia is also not intended only for newbies. It is to also have an index of holiday species for those that forget which are they! I did! Poor 'Halloween' brute XD

If you add a simple notice on the trade hub, you don't have visuals and index of them (apart from the issue I stated before about CB)

Same problem if you only add it to dragon page. You know *that* dragon is holiday, but you don't know how many more there are.

You need both visual and index for this to help a large number of players and the only place I saw this is encyclopedia.

4 hours ago, camelia2 said:

Fuzz, to say many don't know about encyclopedia is an exageration. You have no stats on that.

On the other hand I know is easy to be found. I found it. I constantly see new players on discord asking for dragons to view, this week someone asked about it. Never have I ever see someone be 'huh? Encyclopedia? What is that?' which means *most* know about it.

There was an older member of many years just a few weeks ago asking about how long the encyclopedia has been around in Tiny Questions.  You do not have stats to prove it is easy to find just because you did.  As someone that spends a lot of time in help, I can assure you the question comes up frequently.

Thanks dragonlady, you're spot on there. And @camelia2 - I am a mentor. Every now and then I get a returning member who wants to be brought up to speed and hasn't seen it. And almost none of my beginners has any idea. I've been here since 2010, and I still quite often find things I never knew before.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:35 AM, ADN6 said:

On 7/31/2020 at 9:43 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Do they if they are bred ?  That would be useful to know; I shall be able to test later today :D

HEY THEY SEEM TO ! Wow ! I'll have to wait for it to hatch, but....

Edited by Fuzzbucket