Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashenae

Send help, REEEE

Hey everyone, I'm Ash. Started DC a little while ago but just now getting on the forums. Someone on the discord showed me the hatcheries and boy did it open up my world lol I've raised all but one of my dragons successfully. I was very sad when it died, especially since it was a gift 😭 Then I was even more sad when the revive didn't work, RIP little green hatchling.🌼 I have the basics down I think, but if anyone has some helpful tips to share (especially with regards to breeding and raising) I'm all ears! 🙂

Hello and welcome! Unfortunately Revive doesn't always work, sorry you lost your hatchling. :( 

My suggestions:

1. Use fansites to hatch your dragons. Someone on Discord mentioned them, and here is the list of all the fansites available. I use Allure of Neglected Dragons, Valley Sherwood, and Silvi's Lair. 

2. Don't add your dragons to fansites when they're too young, or it increases the chance of them getting sick (softshell) and dying. I tend to wait until my eggs are at 6d15h left before adding them, and I wait even longer during the holiday releases when fansites get more traffic.

I don't tend to breed, so I can't help you there, but in our Breeding subforum we have the Lineage Terminology thread and the Lineage Project Creation Guide to give you the basics on lineage terms and how to create a lineage.

Have fun!

Welcome to the forums! All of PDC's tips are great. Personally, I use all of the ones listed as well as hatchling.club and Daily Dragon Fix! DDF is great if you want to click on eggs and hatchlings to help fill up your encyclopedia :) 

17 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

2. Don't add your dragons to fansites when they're too young, or it increases the chance of them getting sick (softshell) and dying. I tend to wait until my eggs are at 6d15h left before adding them, and I wait even longer during the holiday releases when fansites get more traffic.

Yeah I just lost all my eggs last night. lol I waited until until about the time mark you mentioned and put them on allure. They seemed to be doing fine and the views were trickling in. It didn't seem to be too fast so I left them there. I went to bed, woke up and all were dead . 😭😭 Lessons learned I guess lol I'll probably just take them off whenever I have to leave them unattended.

Thanks everyone for the advice and welcomes!