Kaiserf11

Manual Custom Sorting not working

Ok so I sort my dragons after they have been named and I use the Manual Custom Sorting option, so that I can order them in the order I prefer. Today I've been trying to rearrange their sorting, 5 dragons to be exact, because of a name change I did. However, it is not working. I tried at least 7 times, tried changing all 5 at once, just one at the time or randomly changing any other to a random position just to check if it was a problem with one or more of those 5 in specific, but it is not working either. Is there some glitch going on at the moment?

Did you check your scroll after you saved ? Something like this came up in TLQ:

I manually sort using the grid opion, and send mine all over the place, up down and sideways. And at some point I certainly did a numerical manual sort to get my little timekeeper to stay at the top of my grown things for EVER.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did you check your scroll after you saved ? Something like this came up in TLQ:

I did check it, I checked it then and I just did now to confirm. It didn't work. I gotta clarify I don't sort dragging them but rather assigning them numbers. I can assign them the number to their nre position, but after clicking on "updating" it reverts back to its previous number and they don't move from their position.

One thing someone said is that - for instance, when naming by number, as my grandson does his balloon army, 2  can sort after 10 (because 1 comes before 2) - so when I did do that for my little timepiece, IIRC I numbered him 0000000001 !

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

One thing someone said is that - for instance, when naming by number, as my grandson does his balloon army, 2  can sort after 10 (because 1 comes before 2) - so when I did do that for my little timepiece, IIRC I numbered him 0000000001 !

I never thought of that--need to do that at the top of my scroll!

I just went to look and it no longer has that number; everything is numbered from 1 on down - but that was the only way it would stick at the time ! (because it  thought it was no 17 or something.)

Well, not to be rude, but none of that is helping my issue. I just tried again and the issue remains, can a mod or coder take a look at it please?

I can confirm, it does not save the new numbers.

Possibly related (as speculated further up-thread) - the grid-based Custom Sort is also still "broken" in the sense that after hitting the buttom to save it shows the old arrangement. That does save the arrangement, however, it's just a display problem (for me, so far, in all cases I've encountered it).

Well, it clearly didn't save the arrangement for me. There's still that Kyanite in my Pygmies section visiting the Magelights when he should keep his distance.

No. The one that the title says. The one that lets you specify numbers. The one that the OP reported issues with, issues which I can confirm because I use the same sort.

As such, I can *also* confirm that any Grid Sort issues are NOT the same as the Manual Sort issues, because according to @pinkgothic, Grid Sort does save the new order, it just doesn't display it immediately after saving on the sort page. Manual Sort does NOT save it.

Manually determine the order of my dragons.

Grid Custom Sort
Drag and drop small tiles to determine order.
Table Custom Sort
Drag and drop your dragons into the order you’d like.
Manual Custom Sort
Create a custom sort order by specifying values.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Exactly - that was why I asked; I wasn't quite clear which method wasn't saving for you. The only issue with the grid sort seems to be that the page doesn't show it as saved unless you refresh. That's not RIGHT  but  nowhere near as bad. @TJ09 - comments would be helpful here.

Is this still happening? I'm not able to reproduce any issues with Manual Custom Sort--it's working just fine no matter how many dragons I move around.

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Is this still happening? I'm not able to reproduce any issues with Manual Custom Sort--it's working just fine no matter how many dragons I move around.

Yes, still happening. I'm only trying to give "Too Cute To Fail" the number 2916 so he moves to the Kyanites but he just stubbornly keeps his 2914.

Enter new number. Hit "Save Custom Sorting". After loading, the old number is back, and on /dragons, he's *still* in the wrong position.

This cannot be a skin problem, can it? Or a size problem with too many individuals?

edit: I'm using negative numbers to keep specific dragons (and my tree) at the top of my scroll at all times, since new eggs always pop in with 0. Did you modify anything that this could be an issue now? I'd very much like to keep my negative numbers ...

edit edit: nope, that's not it either. I just moved a Hellhorse from 0 to 384 and that move worked. Only that Pygmy still won't move!

I managed to move an Avea Pygmy from 0 to 2930, which worked, so it's not a numerical problem either.

So, what is the common thing between my Kyanite and @Kaiserf11's stubborn 5?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The grid sort does seem to be working normally now (touch wood...)

I did just make several changes that should alleviate this problem.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

edit: I'm using negative numbers to keep specific dragons (and my tree) at the top of my scroll at all times, since new eggs always pop in with 0. Did you modify anything that this could be an issue now? I'd very much like to keep my negative numbers ...

Negative numbers are still supported and will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future.

He moved! :D Thank you! Now let's hope the OP's dragons also do :)

Also thanks for reassuring me on the negatives :D

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm also having sort issues with all three methods. Thought it was just me. Hopefully it all works for all of us now. If not I'll be back.

Edit: Seems to be resolved. Thanks TJ.

Edited by Cireth

On 7/20/2020 at 8:01 PM, TJ09 said:

Sorry I couldn't reply before, have been busy. I did check it right now and they all moved without issue, thanks a lot! :D

EDIT: Just for confirmation I tried moving other dragons and they all moved. So yeah, I re-confirm its working properly now.

Edited by Kaiserf11

It is happening to me now... I tried to change the sorting number on a few duotones but they keep reverting to their old number when I save and don't move to their new location. However, it does not happen with all dragons - I was able to sort some others successfully.

Edited by Lady Meli

Same here, can't use the manual custom sort options anymore. There is an error message that the cloudflare script doesn't finish.

Happens with FF and Opera. Other sites using the cloudflare script don't seem to be affected.

Cloudflare has been having big issues this week - it was all over twitter.... I was getting it on a grid sort earlier, but it settled in the end.

Edited by Fuzzbucket