Confused Cat

Trade text cut off

(If this change means we're getting more characters for the "want" text, and that part just hasn't been implemented yet, this topic can be ignored and closed.)

Trades are now shortened with an ellipsis (unless their text is shorter than one line anyway).

This may have been implemented to prevent the page from looking weird when people write descriptions without any spaces.

However, it is rather inconvenient having to click trades just to see the rest of the (still very short) "want" text.

If the "wrap" problem needs to be addressed, can we please have a different solution? (Just wrap those too-long-word trades wherever, like long dragon names, and leave everything else unchanged?)

It's not a terribly big issue, just a little nuisance that wouldn't be necessary at all.

trades_edited.png

I've moved this to help because it's unintentional and will be fixed soon.

9 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Came here to post this. ❤️ Could we get force-wrapping CSS (overflow-wrap: break-word) instead of this?

FWIW, break-word doesn't actually work here:

image.png

but I've already got a fix on the way.

Thanks for the reply, TJ! Didn't even occur to me that it might have been unintentional.  :)   

40 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

FWIW, break-word doesn't actually work here:

That's odd, but good to know. :) Thanks for the heads-up!

@TJ09

Thank you for working on fixing this already!

The allotted amount of text is small enough already, the cut off in the overview is a real nuisance atm.