PrincessCrystalian

Dragons missing?

Hey everyone, I have been using DragCave for a long time, since 2011. I hadn't been on for a few years, maybe last played about 2016, so logged in recently and started doing my usual thing, collecting eggs, putting them on hatching sites, etc. Then I noticed while scrolling through my dragons that I had absolutely no dragons pre 2015.

Is this a result of not playing for so long?

I know a few things have changed over the years, but is there any reason my dragons would just disappear?

19 minutes ago, PrincessCrystalian said:

I know a few things have changed over the years, but is there any reason my dragons would just disappear?

No, that shouldn't have happened - not unless you (or someone with access to your scroll) released them (maybe back in 2015 to start over again?). I don't believe any site data outages happened after 2011. Do you remember any specific dragons you used to own?

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

No, that shouldn't have happened - not unless you (or someone with access to your scroll) released them (maybe back in 2015 to start over again?). I don't believe any site data outages happened after 2011. Do you remember any specific dragons you used to own?

I definitely haven't released any, I never have done, as much as they're just images on a screen, I'm quite fond of them.

I had all sorts of the basic dragons, pink, green, mint, grey, etc, quite a few others like the dorsal, balloon and vampires. I definitely have everything after 2015, I just can't understand how I have nothing of the 4 years previous, a lot of the dragons I've managed to replace aren't even recorded as ever being had, it's very strange.

I just wondered if it was a site thing or if I'd been hacked or something. Changed my password just in case and collecting and replacing as many dragons as I can.

Is there any possibility that you actually made 2 accounts and forgot about one of them? Like you thought you lost your password for an old acct and made a replacement?

Edited by Shadowdrake

10 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Is there any possibility that you actually made 2 accounts and forgot about one of them? Like you thought you lost your password for an old acct and made a replacement?

This is surprisingly more common for people returning to Dragon Cave than one might expect.

Another possibility is releasing all of your dragons before leaving, but action logs aren't stored that long so there's not an easy way to know that for sure except maybe locating one such dragon.

One way to be sure is by going to your scroll and looking at your stats section:

xfRmuJ3.png

If you made a new account and forgot, your Joined In year will confirm it.

This is my second account, I've been aware of that, the first was created in 2009 and only used in that year before forgetting my password, so it still doesn't hold any explanation for my current account having nothing from 2011-2014.

I've replaced all the dragons I remember having now anyways, plus have plenty more 🙂