rabbithaver

We Need New Drop Mechanics. It's Just A Fact.

6 hours ago, Tinibree said:

The mobile view could be helped by getting rid of or at least shrinking the text at the top. Maybe even an option in the settings for whether or not to display it. Maybe even getting rid of just the second paragraph would be enough? Rephrase into one paragraph and/or maybe make the text size match the egg desc? The intro text is clearly larger. A 4th egg would not work on mobile but I think we could find a solution for a second row instead.

The biome text is part of the lore. That should stay.

I'm OK with another whole row of eggs (though really don't care either way) but I very much don't want more biomes, which would mean shifting existing breeds around and all sorts. which equals relearning everything....

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 3:41 AM, Corteo said:

This.

I don't use Dragon Cave outside of a laptop, but as someone who uses a screen reader to play, hunting through six descriptions instead of three would be a major pain for me. As it is, I have to hope my computer can read out the descs fast enough for me to nab an egg before someone else can. Three more eggs would make it very unlikely that I would be able to catch a rare or uncommon egg if it wasn't one of the first three, simply because it would take a few seconds more to have my program read that far down on the page.

I would be in favour of shuffling the eggs more often or adding more biomes, personally. It would take me longer to switch between them, but at least I'd still have a fair chance at catching something I'm on the hunt for.

I'd be happy with either new biomes or eggs changing every minute instead of every 5. 5 minutes is too long a wait when all 3 eggs are the SAME and nobody wants them, lol I've never understood why the rares are so rare anyway. Thousands and thousands of people play this game, making the rares waaaay more available wouldn't effect anything accept how happy people would be if they could actually catch one. I've been on the site since 2008 and have 25 pages of hunted dragons, and I have NEVER caught a gold or silver. It's ridiculous. The handful of people who might capture in the opinion of others "too many" would be more than offset by the thousands of people who play and don't visit the forum in any way. The ones who don't trade, and don't involve anyone else in their game. TJ is giving away at least 150 dragons a month and I've never seen anybody with one since he started and there must be hundreds and hundreds of winners. 10 times as many rares showing up would hardly change a thing around here, so speeding up the drops would be preferable to me. We have so many breeds that the odds for any breed should all be the same now. Is the market price supposed to reflect how rare something is? Because it doesn't lol and that's a good thing, I'm not complaining, I just find this whole system inexplicable at this point.

Support any and all changes that improve the main cave hunting experience.

On 7/7/2020 at 10:34 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm OK with another whole row of eggs (though really don't care either way) but I very much don't want more biomes, which would mean shifting existing breeds around and all sorts. which equals relearning everything....

The text could go below the eggs. Or... When you click the link on desert, you get to the flavor text, then click a button (Continue?) and are taken to the actual biome. Refreshing the biome will let you stay there without the description.

Or... you can set how often you want to see the text. Once an hour? Once every day? Once a year? Always? That kind of thing.

No - I mean that a whole load of breeds would need to move - unless you suggest adding biomes that have as yet no dragons.... You want a terrae, say and someone has decided that now it belongs in wherever - savannah (I made that up) so you look in the forest biome you used to find it and - nope. The biome text doesn't actually interest me and I don't read it anyway. So hit me ! it's a matter of knowing which biome to hunt in that would need relearning.

Full support.

To acomodate mobile (which I mainly use) you can move the lore of biome at the bottom of page to make row 2. Nobody reads that everytime they hunt so it can go to the bottom

On 7/24/2020 at 4:39 PM, DragonLady86 said:

Honestly how many people read it at all after the first time?

I wanted to be nice and inclusive...maybe some are really bored.

It's actually usless and disposable tbh. So move it to bottom to make space is reasonable enough.

Oh and to add to the 'I can't even find commons' I'm hunting for a dorsal for 3 days now....no trace of one *sigh*.

Try the AP - that usually has a fair number of CBs !

ETA you have PM !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Well a second row of eggs was added during the Marrow Dragon release, and I had this thought last month. Well...that or a new biome but the new biome sounds like more work.

We're up to 200+ dragons and cave hunting can be pretty slow when there's only 6 people in a biome, when biomes have 30 different dragons (rough estimate). Though there's also the argument that eggs change every 5 + 10 minutes with the hourly drop. 

I'm just glad we don't get the message for the AP having eggs to take instead and it linking there anymore, years back. 

On 7/6/2020 at 8:34 PM, Tinibree said:

The mobile view could be helped by getting rid of or at least shrinking the text at the top. Maybe even an option in the settings for whether or not to display it. Maybe even getting rid of just the second paragraph would be enough? Rephrase into one paragraph and/or maybe make the text size match the egg desc? The intro text is clearly larger. A 4th egg would not work on mobile but I think we could find a solution for a second row instead.

Even easier - just pop the intro text below the eggs.

I Don’t Think We Need More Rows We Just Need More To Drop, Like The Starlight New Release Just Make Sure There Is So Many Rows Of It But Not To Much.

3 hours ago, MoonJade123 said:

I Don’t Think We Need More Rows We Just Need More To Drop, Like The Starlight New Release Just Make Sure There Is So Many Rows Of It But Not To Much.

It doesn't matter how many drop if no one will pick up the visible three.

Fully support ! An entire new row would be awesome!

And I don't think it will make rares easier to get, it will just make some commons/uncommons a bit more easier to get because right now if you want a common, explicitly found in certain biome, you have to wait for all the other eggs to "show/roll up" before it and it can take quite some time.

On 7/7/2020 at 4:34 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Just make the biome text extremely small so that on mobile a second row can fit in just fine. 

A second row is better than a 4th egg imo.

This has the equal effect to rares, uncommons, and commons. Getting all these new alts did help with some uncommon breeds but it didnt really affect some of the super commons like olives. True stagnation will not be affected unless leftover eggs at the hourly drop got kicked to the AP imo since then they will be counted towards the ratios for existing. This is like a band aid but I rather have a band aid than nothing. 

Support! A fourth egg or a second row would both be nice, but I'd prefer the latter.

I'm also in support of more biomes and quicker shuffles.

Edited by Babbage
Whoops, forgot about the shuffles

Support. Edit: didn't realize I even replied to this thread way back...

With every new release, there's more eggs going into those biomes. I know there was a list floating around a while ago with all the breeds in each biome but I can't find it now.

Even just one egg slot added to bump up to four would be extremely helpful. Or a new biome but that's more work (coding and it's worth mentioning TJ would likely have to ask creators of the dragons to see if they're ok with moving them to the new biome)

Edited by BlitzDrake

woof the fact that this post is still going on almost a year later says a lot about how much we need a change. i would argue we need this more now than ever

Edited by narumitsu

Support. Number of breeds (even common ones) have multiplied, but we still have only 18 slots available for capturing eggs. Even if only one egg of the breed was present in all biomes, it would still take multiple refreshes to meet all breeds or at least all common (!) breeds.

Multiple rows however can affect the speed of reading descriptions or clicking eggs.

As a mobile user I think it'd be ok. On vertical layout we have only small part of screen actually useful, and second row would fit. Additional space might be provided from making biomes 2 rows instead of 3 or moving lore below the eggs/hidden under "spoiler tag".

Actually, each release we will need something done with this problem more and more)

On 5/28/2021 at 3:50 AM, Nakti said:

Support. Number of breeds (even common ones) have multiplied, but we still have only 18 slots available for capturing eggs. Even if only one egg of the breed was present in all biomes, it would still take multiple refreshes to meet all breeds or at least all common (!) breeds.

Multiple rows however can affect the speed of reading descriptions or clicking eggs.

As a mobile user I think it'd be ok. On vertical layout we have only small part of screen actually useful, and second row would fit. Additional space might be provided from making biomes 2 rows instead of 3 or moving lore below the eggs/hidden under "spoiler tag".

Actually, each release we will need something done with this problem more and more)

agreed. this is not a problem that's going to go away. it'll only become more and more of a problem.

support for anything that involves making more eggs available, whether that be through new biomes, more rows, or more frequent drops. i've been playing since 2012 and, thinking back to that time, it used to be much easier to find any egg you were looking for. nowadays, it takes so long just to find one particular breed, even if it's a common.

i love dragcave, but i just don't have time anymore to spend hours upon hours hunting in the biomes. my egg slots are almost never full due to this. i can't remember the last time i was fully scroll-locked. it's frustrating, most of all.

making the game easier to interact with can never hurt - games exist to be played!

It could be easily doable. On computer screen, it would be one row of four eggs (1 x 4 ) and on touchscreen it would be two rows of two eggs each ( 2 x 2 ). And then users of both could be happy. 

And yes, moving the text below the egg line ( s ) is also an option.