Dragon Mage

New sorting category?

Because sometimes, like with the xenos, breeding relies upon elemental affinity. Could we possibly, pretty pretty please get a way to sort dragons by element? It'd make picking out potential mates so much easier! ^__^

This sounds cool! It might also be good to have an option to make groups and select "add dragons of the same elemental affinity".

That would be nice. Both of them, but especially the group one.

Please also add either a header for each elemental affinity *or* add a simple symbol  to represent each elemental affinity

Examples:

Magic the Gathering:

image.png.2d0f937ec7e1fd4ebc6d637d70abc567.png

Pokémon types:

image.jpeg.b5293b89fef113af9f9ed7a2bb519b79.jpeg

That kind of thing. (And, yes, I'm still in favor of either adding some lines to our scrolls for element, generation and biome of origin (if CB).) This would be so very, very helpful, especially if each of these things was a sort option. Or, even better, a filter option.

And please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, please don't load the whole scroll at once. Let us filter (instead of sort)  before loading. I have over 8000 dragons, and loading almost 4000 dragons for every breeding attempt (I have very few unbreedables, or non-standard dragons) must take a toll on the site.

Ideally, we could filter for breed, body type (might be relevant for xenowyrm breeding), generation, elemental affinity, biome of origin (if applicable), "no offspring yet" and "established mates".

I know this means an extra click or two, but if you make "established mates" the default unless people change the setting, it should cover most cases.

Also, tags for adding to groups, just like the biome tags (e.g. #alpine) so we could filter for dragons with #ice or #neutral

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I admit, the symbol suggestion by @olympe is a far better solution to what I had in mind! (And I've played Magic for years, isn't it sad I didn't think of that at all?) Either way, it seems some sort of organization and/or sorting by elemental type is greatly desired! Elemental symbols beside a dragon's name would be plenty for me, since I'm in it primarily for breeding reasons that rely on elements. Since I'm on mobile much of the time, it's hard to toggle between a spreadsheet of breeds/elements and the scroll page. (My work hours are set so it's hard to be on a computer most day's when I have time to idly attend to tasks in some spare minutes throughout the day.)

So, uh... since it's pretty clear some means of easy elemental identification is much desired, if nothing else... what do we do now? XD

Edited by Dragon Mage

On 6/30/2020 at 4:01 AM, olympe said:

Please also add either a header for each elemental affinity *or* add a simple symbol  to represent each elemental affinity

Examples:

Magic the Gathering:

image.png.2d0f937ec7e1fd4ebc6d637d70abc567.png

Pokémon types:

image.jpeg.b5293b89fef113af9f9ed7a2bb519b79.jpeg

That kind of thing. (And, yes, I'm still in favor of either adding some lines to our scrolls for element, generation and biome of origin (if CB).) This would be so very, very helpful, especially if each of these things was a sort option. Or, even better, a filter option.

And please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, please don't load the whole scroll at once. Let us filter (instead of sort)  before loading. I have over 8000 dragons, and loading almost 4000 dragons for every breeding attempt (I have very few unbreedables, or non-standard dragons) must take a toll on the site.

Ideally, we could filter for breed, body type (might be relevant for xenowyrm breeding), generation, elemental affinity, biome of origin (if applicable), "no offspring yet" and "established mates".

I know this means an extra click or two, but if you make "established mates" the default unless people change the setting, it should cover most cases.

There indeed already are symbols for each of the elements. You may have seen them referenced in events (and this diagram can be seen in the background of the recent Xenowyrm update post).

elements-diagram-triangles-dots-colored.png

I'm going look into adding sub-headers for the different sorting options (e.g. a small label between breeds in breed sort, or between letters in name sort). I think it's a prerequisite for this suggestion, and it sounds like a good idea in general. Plus, it opens up the possibility of placing your own sub-headers in custom sort.

Wow this is super exciting news!! I hadn't actually seen that diagram before, either! 

@TJ09 Well, I wasn't aware this diagram existed, but it's a good thing it does. :)