Tamer_Naru

Can't Reset Password?

I haven't logged onto DragCave in a long* time. But I remember my username (naru_gal. And found my scroll). But it rejects what I thought was my password.

And when I try to reset it both my emails are rejected. I only have two emails addresses, and one of them worked for the forums, so I don't know why it's not working for the main site.

*Edit: based on the unnamed dragons on my scroll, it looks like last time I was on was January 2017. So not as long as I thought

Edited by Tamer_Naru

I assume you have checked your spam folders - a lot of reset emails end up there. But otherwise - if you can't remember your password, you have basically had it :( IIRC even TJ can't get around that one - there are other threads like this.

It's not that I'm just not getting the email. It says the account isn't found.

Seems like there'd be a better way to recover accounts

48 minutes ago, Tamer_Naru said:

It's not that I'm just not getting the email. It says the account isn't found.

Seems like there'd be a better way to recover accounts

Seems like you have the wrong email then? You need to use the email you signed up with / had attached to your account.

Welp. If my only emails are wrong I can only assume someone accessed my account and then changed the email and then went inactive. I'm not starting over an account I've had for 12 years. But I guess if I haven't played since 2017 I'm not gonna miss it.

Someone @ me if they ever come up with a better way to recover accounts. ✌️

Edited by Tamer_Naru
A word. How ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Tamer_Naru said:

Welp. If my only emails are wrong I can only assume someone accessed my account and then changed the email and then went inactive. I'm not starting over an account I've had for 12 years. But I guess if I haven't played since 2017 I'm not gonna miss it.

Someone @ me if they ever come up with a better way to recover accounts. ✌️

I can confirm that the account hasn't been used since 2017, but there's also no evidence of the email address ever being changed.

Unfortunately, if you have neither the associated email address nor the password, there is no way to prove you own the account. No amount of process changes will be able to remove the requirement of proving identity as the account owner without sacrificing safety.