TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Thanks for new eggs! I was surprised to get new varieties of an existing dragon, but Xenos are always welcome ^_^

Wish I'd read the forum before I was egglocked, though. No current flowing for me yet.

19 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

And that's with 7 new xenos, not 6?  So whatever the new one is, it doesn't affect breed count?

Actually--I only see five from first post on your scroll, not 6--so current egg does count, and so max is now 263.

Ah, yes, lack of sleep and inability to count catching up with me! 

Thank you for the new release, TJ and spriters! Got one of each plus the mystery egg. 😊

Seems like the flood of the "current" eggs is over. Now they are mixed approximately 1:3 with the new xenos.

I was egg locked when I went to bed and incubated all of them so they'd hatch before morning. Before it was 6 AM pacific, I started grabbing the new eggs. And then I started getting distressed when I realized each egg I was grabbing from different biomes all looked identical. Came to the news thread and discovered I collected all of the "Non-Xeno"/Current eggs. Looks like I'm going to have to trade for 1 of each new Xeno as soon as these are off cooldown 😅

So all the other colours apart from that extra purple one have stopped appearing i guess?

1 minute ago, smokeytripod said:

So all the other colours apart from that extra purple one have stopped appearing i guess?

No, they're mixing in. There was about an 1hr flood of the other one and now they've started mixing with the biome-specific Xenos.

Source: misclicked 2 Xenos (an Alpine and Desert one) before getting the all-biome one

Edited by Isuzu

1 minute ago, smokeytripod said:

They are still mixing in, but at much lower frequency. Hopefully they will even back out before the flood is over.

Just to confirm I'm 262 breeds. I have a neglected but missed the Eradors so yeah 263 is the new max breed count.

I just grabbed one of each biome and two extras, all in 5 minutes. I absolutely LOVE the xenos, so thanks a lot for this new release! :wub:

Wait - I thought the 7th was breed only ?

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

I haven't caught any (because locked) but I've seen them dropping in the biomes.

19 minutes ago, Isuzu said:

No, they're mixing in. There was about an 1hr flood of the other one and now they've started mixing with the biome-specific Xenos.

Source: misclicked 2 Xenos (an Alpine and Desert one) before getting the all-biome one

19 minutes ago, jumpsnake said:

They are still mixing in, but at much lower frequency. Hopefully they will even back out before the flood is over.

I think I should've waited till the hourly drop to moan lol, got 2 of those purple ones and got 1 out of each biome apart from Alpine because I accidently grabbed 2 forest ones since my idiot brain got forest and jungle mixed up for a second xD.

Just means I'm now missing 1 Xeno out of each set now since I didn't get a Magia(the bright orange one) one last time Xenos appeared >.<

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

They started dropping in all biomes a few hours ago. No one knows yet if that's intentional

I am so confused because I woke up grabbed stuff and got the 1 from each biome (2 from one) of the purple mystery egg, which is pretty enough so I'm happy to keep them because that is what I caught and they are nice enough looking. I am just very confused and with limited time, I'll come back later or just trade for the original release drops. It is hot, my A/C isn't working very well, and but internally I'm still cool with whatever. I get the things sooner or later. So we can do later. Have a good time and for those who are worried, people are super nice. They will help you out. Don't get impatient or worried or anxious. The Dragon Pixels will come. There are worse things to worry about. Think of it as as a secret mystery and you are James Bond to unravel all the greatness to be later revealed. Sometimes chaos and mysteries can be fun cuz after the fact, usually artists make some art badge that says "I was there for XYZ" and you can tell your stories about the fun release times to those pesky youngsters who join the game later on while you sit back in your lawn chair recounting tales of yore. We don't get enough fun chaos within the relative safety of a dragon pixel game. Life is too serious, I'll take the crazy egg drop mystery anytime. I'm glad some of you all got it figured out. Me, I'm too confused cuz I'm just too busy in my rocking chair letting my brain slip into the pudding. You can explain it to me later. In the meantime, I gotta go hunt some cold air.

4 hours ago, xeph23 said:

Those eggs are BEAUTIFUL I can't wait to see the hatchlings!

The eggs are obviously very xeno-like, especially with the description, but the post does say they're a new breed, which would be a weird thing to say if they were actually xenos. Either way this is super exciting!

technically, they are all the same breed! however they sort as different species via their subspecies

1 hour ago, HPhaeton said:

263 for me, too.

I'm pretty certain the seventh one is a glitch. Very likely a hybrid planned for a release later in the year. But well, I sure can hope that we'll get to keep them.

This is my take on it--it's going to be like the musty-gusty situation from last year.  I've got all 6 and 8 slots full.  I don't think I'm going to drop one from the two pairs to try for egg #7.

Is there a list of variants that up the breed count vs. those that don't?  Alts don't, but hybrids do, right?  Are there any alts that do as well?

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I don't have as much time to play DC as I used to, so I primarily get the new eggs during release.  I didn't realize that all the biomes having the same color egg was not intentional, so now I'm locked and unable to get the others.  I'm trying not to get stressed, thinking I won't be able to get the other 6. :(

Yikes! Wasn't prepared, all locked. Let's see what I can get rid of to grab a few new eggs at least. How exciting though, thank you!