TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Ok, I was a day late in getting started, but I finally managed to grab one of esch Biome (finally)...  I then caught another Alpine Egg, BUT...  It has been over a day and a half since then...  After the RIP problem, I have been totally unable to catch another from ANY Biome.  It appears to be lag factor, because no matter how quickly I tab on the 'Xeno Egg', I constantly get the 'taken by another' message...

I will try, off and on, but I am not going to actively pursue any more of these Xeno's...

Other than that, I than TJ and the Spriters for these Xeno's in the June Egg Drop...

Be Safe, All...

14 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

*Sigh*  

Saw a Flow egg in the Forest Biome but I didn't click fast enough. 😩

I wonder why we were given a new batch of Xenos. Any particular reason?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  The spriters did a great job.  I just wonder what the reasoning was.

If they take after aspects of mana (of which we have 12) it might have been the idea all along.  Then cutting in half because 12 is too many at once.  Obviously, only Birdz and TJ know for sure.

13 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I wonder if the Noodle God can breed true or if it only breeds other Xenos?

would only be logical if it did - it lives in the biomes(is not extinct)=must reproduce(breed true here), it also makes sense if it can produce Xenowyrms since its the Xeno's ancestor breed, but still breeding true is logically more likely than producing Xenos INSTEAD of itself in this case

though sadly not always logical is what DC is... still, I hope it's not yet another evil case

one prediction though: if they can breed both true + xenos, they will produce more Xenos than its own breed, because everything hints that Staterae are a rare or even a true rare (low spawn rate on the release day, considerably scarce now very few days after release when new breeds tend to be commoner than they will end up being, description "Recent sightings, while rare, have confirmed that this species still lives"...), while Xenos have been uncommon

Glad to see the Staterae on the front page now! Thank you TJ and spriters (well I think the spriting was entirely by birdzgoboom this time actually), everything looks great! I've always wanted to experience a true rare release, it had never happened in all my 5+ years. I still don't have a Stratera but I'm not butthurt over it. It's a RARE >:)

Edited by Mangrit

They're all excellent but terror wyrms ke'maro are creepy and my favorites uwu I have a hoard started of them. They look so good with everything in lineages too ;a;

I also love the brightness of the pharos ;w; 

Oh, these are amazing! Yep, Xenowyrms still remain my favourite dragons, and now I have plenty new ideas for lineages.

So...I just managed to grab a dino...but still no Jungle, Volcano, or Flow Xenos...XD'

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Oh my....that Ke'maro! 😍 Perfect blend of badass and beauty! That, and the Aquilo are my favorites. While they are all pretty in their own way, I love the simplicity of the Aquilo.

About the market-- I've a few breeds I can't purchase because I've not unlocked them in encyclopedia. Now, since I've at least a pair of every breed, it means one needs to handle more than two dragons (CB or bred) to unlock the breed. So the question is: how can we unlock the Stratera if we aren't able to handle enough eggs/hatchies? I was lucky to catch one, so I'm more fortunate than others, but I'd love to get another one to have a pair. And unless my Stratera breeds true, I might not be able to unlock it for a very long time. and what about people without one? How can they unlock it?

Edited by lincoln6echo

11 minutes ago, lincoln6echo said:

So the question is: how can we unlock the Stratera if we aren't able to handle enough eggs/hatchies?

you can unlock them from "observing" looking on other scrolls to find those full grown/ hatchies and eggs. there are lists for these kind of things on here. or you can hunt on click sites for those hatched.

Still no Staterae dragon for me. I've stalked both AP and caves whenever I could and bred 122 Xeno's on my scroll. Nothing. I've been here and on the ball for every release for 8 years now, and thought I wouldn't miss out on rares because I did that. How wrong can you be. Gutting. 

Managed to snag a Pharos from the cave and bred both an Obidar and a Ke'maro (alongside Astrapi number 4, Gaia number 2 and Thalassa number 2), still no Staterae but I don't mind. I love all these elemental noodles equally.

UPDATE: Turns out I had more Elemental Noodles chillin' in my scroll than I thought. I have way too many Astrapis compared to the other breeds (6 Astrapis to 1-3 of all the ones that aren't Aso, Aquila or Umbra.

Edited by MidnightCapricorn

27 minutes ago, MidnightCapricorn said:

Managed to snag a Pharos from the cave and bred both an Obidar and a Ke'maro (alongside Astrapi number 4, Gaia number 2 and Thalassa number 2), still no Staterae but I don't mind. I love all these elemental noodles equally.

Elemental noodles :wub: Me too, they are all so very beautiful. 😍

1 hour ago, reddof-f6 said:

you can unlock them from "observing" looking on other scrolls to find those full grown/ hatchies and eggs. there are lists for these kind of things on here. or you can hunt on click sites for those hatched.

Thank you for the advice!

I just saw a Flow for the very first time in the biomes, oh wow ! I‘m hoping it’ll be easier to catch eventually, but my god is it beautiful as both a hatchling and adult. Im in love 🥰

5 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

I suppose I have my pair so I should tell everyone else how I got them, sorry for not speaking up sooner. I traded every xeno hatchling I got in sets of four in change for a single "flow" egg each time. It's very costly but was worth it in my book.

I basically did 3 for 1 with the pargulus for z-codes pargulus.  Time-consuming, but worth it.

6 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

I wonder why we were given a new batch of Xenos. Any particular reason?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  The spriters did a great job.  I just wonder what the reasoning was.

Two or three pages back, Birdz made a post about it (it's the 5th anniversary of Xenos)

4 hours ago, lincoln6echo said:

About the market-- I've a few breeds I can't purchase because I've not unlocked them in encyclopedia. Now, since I've at least a pair of every breed, it means one needs to handle more than two dragons (CB or bred) to unlock the breed. So the question is: how can we unlock the Stratera if we aren't able to handle enough eggs/hatchies? I was lucky to catch one, so I'm more fortunate than others, but I'd love to get another one to have a pair. And unless my Stratera breeds true, I might not be able to unlock it for a very long time. and what about people without one? How can they unlock it?

Actually, the Market only depends on you unlocking the egg sprite, not the full Encyclopedia entry. Egg sprites are unlocked after owning 1 egg, or observing 5. You don't have to unlock the hatchlings, adults, etc.

So you should be good to go with that one egg. I'd guess that the reason you still have locked purchases in the market is that you acquired those adults before the Encyclopedia was introduced.

12 hours ago, birdzgoboom said:

I wanted to quote this one post in particular -- just because I'm really glad someone noticed this part in the description.

It does have elements from all the designs of the other 12. (Or should I say the other 12 have elements from it? haha.)

Anyway:

Astrapi - asymmetrical spines (on tail)
Thalassa - body stripe
Mageia - layered scales and crystalline scutes
Chrono - glowing tendrils sprouting from head
Gaia - bug wing-esque frills (some are calling them ears... haha!)
Pyro - wide/flat spine plates
Aquilo - smooth body plating
Aso - thick/rounded back spikes
Pharos - floating crystals
Obidar - branching horns/antlers
Umbra - crystal scales
Ke'maro - tentacles

(It was difficult!)

I wish I could like replies on here- thanks you guys for such kind words to my other post. ;v;

And I'm glad you noticed that I noticed that part of the description 😛, but yeah that is pretty impressive(at least to me) that you managed to get a piece of all 12 in that 1 dragon's sprite and make it somewhat noticeable( my eyes aren't the best btw) even without the descriptions hint lol.

You know, I think the most fun part about this release is the sheer amount of bred xenos flooding the AP lol. They're soo low-time they hatch in like an hour. I have so many worms right now

Thanks to some lucky trading, I finally got a second flow baby and have a breeding pair, but these are so gorgeous. Please, please let them be buyable from the Market! Gosh, I love the new Xenos so much. Desert and Jungle are just stunning. The Coast is such a vibrant blue! Spriters did excellent. I almost like these better than the old Xenos. The Volcano Ke'maro ones still disappoint me, though. I'm not a huge fan of their dull colors. Much like the Pyros from the original Xenos, future Volcano babies will probably be traded. 

1 hour ago, Ziranos said:

Actually, the Market only depends on you unlocking the egg sprite, not the full Encyclopedia entry. Egg sprites are unlocked after owning 1 egg, or observing 5. You don't have to unlock the hatchlings, adults, etc.

So you should be good to go with that one egg. I'd guess that the reason you still have locked purchases in the market is that you acquired those adults before the Encyclopedia was introduced.

Sort of defeats the purpose of the Marketplace's existence if you need to possess the very egg you're interested in purchasing.  For something like the flow egg, it wouldn't be unreasonable to make it available in the Marketplace once a person has successfully obtained the other 6 new xenos or all 12 total xenos, for example (or something similar but still requiring effort).