TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Is anyone else not seeing any of these at all? I was able to snatch one from the coast biome but they pretty much vanished after that. Dang it. I wanted to catch them all....LOL.

8 minutes ago, blackmagicrose said:

Is anyone else not seeing any of these at all? I was able to snatch one from the coast biome but they pretty much vanished after that. Dang it. I wanted to catch them all....LOL.

Seeing all but the "flow" (which haven't seen at all). Cant catch them, but I do see them at the 5 min Mark's. 

That image with all of them together... *sparkly eyes and dramatic sigh* makes me really happy to see. :D

Glad I'm not as much a fan of the grown Flow (whatsitagain?) to be sad that I missed it so far anymore. The art is great, the colors are and the lore is just wonderful. Just does not strike that "need all of them and right now" feel, so now I have all the time to hunt for them later.

Among the others I still can not pick a favourite, mostly because all are just overwhelmingly great. Love the first set of Xenos and would not have guessed there was so much room left for improvement of the art, while still the same style. Great attention to tiny details and the colors already gave me way to many breeding ideas. Especially happy that I finally found two possible matches for my Wintertides.
Hope I manage to catch a few more before the slightly-more-common-ness-after-release in cave dies down.

I've always been a fan of the Xeno and these are JAW-DROPPINGLY stunning!!

Happy Anniversary to them and yes... I wonder what'll happen in another 5?

Does any know how long it takes for new release eggs to show up in the market?

.... i'm still stalking the Flow/Staterae egg in the cave and the AP.  no luck.  back at it tomorrow.....

2 hours ago, birdzgoboom said:

NxotFid.png

Exactly five years ago (well, from the posting of this thread, anyhow!) -- June 27th, 2015 -- the original Xenowyrms were released.

The Gaia, Astrapi, Chrono, Pyro, Thalassa, and Mageia were those six wyrm children that were released upon Galsreim!

I genuinely never really thought that they would come to be enjoyed so much, especially five whole years later.

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set: the Umbra, Aquilo, Obidar, Ke'maro, Aso, and Pharos. Some are friendly, some are not-so-friendly. 🙂

And... of course, the big wyrm in the room: the Staterae Xenowyrm, the original ancient dragon that branched off into all the different subspecies we have today.

It's been really fun reading the thread, and seeing the discussion in Discord about these guys and this release. (And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

I'm glad to have the opportunity to create these dragons, and I look forward to seeing what cool lineage projects you all have in mind going forward!

So to wrap up... I just wanted to say, thank you for making the five-year anniversary of the Xenowyrms special!

No, thank you so much, Birdz! These guys are some of my favorite dragons. They are all so lovely.

I still don't understand how you made the eye-hurty neon colors of the Pharos look so darn good.

2 hours ago, birdzgoboom said:

I wanted to quote this one post in particular -- just because I'm really glad someone noticed this part in the description.

It does have elements from all the designs of the other 12. (Or should I say the other 12 have elements from it? haha.)

Anyway:

Astrapi - asymmetrical spines (on tail)
Thalassa - body stripe
Mageia - layered scales and crystalline scutes
Chrono - glowing tendrils sprouting from head
Gaia - bug wing-esque frills (some are calling them ears... haha!)
Pyro - wide/flat spine plates
Aquilo - smooth body plating
Aso - thick/rounded back spikes
Pharos - floating crystals
Obidar - branching horns/antlers
Umbra - crystal scales
Ke'maro - tentacles

(It was difficult!)

I wish I could like replies on here- thanks you guys for such kind words to my other post. ;v;

Ohhh, huh. You know, I was actually wondering that, and trying to figure it out myself.

Now I know~

On a side note:

NEW XENO LOCATIONS AND XENOWYRM TOPICS:

(shoves everything into a spoiler because it's getting long)

Hide contents

-

On 6/28/2020 at 6:31 PM, Shokomon said:

Because New Xenos:

1. Breeding Plans
  2. Breeding Pattern
  3. In Cave Info to help with any confusion for late comers:
      On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Shokomon said:
      On 6/27/2020 at 8:50 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Currently, the “mana flows like a current” eggs are dominating the biomes. You may know them as the “hybrid” or “bred” new egg if you were here early. These eggs have only one sprite: image.gif.464e0033c441c9e76d6ea8be061b3307.gif They are not featured on the release post for whatever reason.

The ones featured on the release post have the description of existing xenowyrm eggs. (Shorter than flow eggs for those hunting)

Alpine: image.gif.8b2fea51a3d85f0588bb22d406af47df.gif Desert: image.gif.74af6077eccf2d968eb5c84b5af292dc.gif Jungle: image.gif.e1fd7f3920e5a59bcf6defd16640f982.gif 

Coast: image.gif.aaea15dd546c58ded6bf802526900d18.gif  Forest: image.gif.acb0446954cc1db858f3ad81f3a264a7.gif Volcano: image.gif.666b261501bce8908914e496f2058c2a.gif   

{snip}

And just to distinguish,

Xenos:

ALP CO FOR DE JUL VOL

latest?cb=20150627180046latest?cb=20150627180055latest?cb=20150627180111latest?cb=20150627180103latest?cb=20150627180116latest?cb=20150627180121

latest?cb=20200627063340latest?cb=20200627064700latest?cb=20200627065437latest?cb=20200627064814latest?cb=20200627065006latest?cb=20200627065137

Mana courses throughout this glassy egg.

Not-Xeno Mystery Egg:

ALL

latest?cb=20200627065901

Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

-

Because it may be helpful.

And because I can - Comparing the Adults:

Hide contents

Release 1:latest?cb=20150701014424latest?cb=20150701015001latest?cb=20150701015151latest?cb=20150701014432latest?cb=20150701014554latest?cb=20150701014730

Release 2: latest?cb=20200630112741Aso Xenowyrm adultlatest?cb=20200630114731latest?cb=20200630114339latest?cb=20200630114243latest?cb=20200630114651

Ancestor of all: latest?cb=20200630220823

Hee Hee Hee.

4 minutes ago, Lesh4537 said:

Does any know how long it takes for new release eggs to show up in the market?

New releases don't appear in the market until they are also unlocked in the encyclopedia. Both happen roughly after people start getting adult dragons of the new release.

1 minute ago, TJ09 said:

New releases don't appear in the market until they are also unlocked in the encyclopedia. Both happen roughly after people start getting adult dragons of the new release.

Okay, thanks!

Omg omg omg eeeeekkkk the adult Staterae is gorgeous!! It's sooooo pretty, the colors are so vibrant without being overdone, I *love* all the little details that make it look like all the Xenos wrapped into one, this is most definitely my favorite adult from this release! *excited chair-dancing*

Seeing the adult makes me a little more frustrated at their current rarity, just because I already knew I wanted a hatchling-army of the s1 with those adorable ears and now the adult is so awesome I will need even more of them so I can let some many grow to adult. ... Maybe it's a really good thing that I've never spent any of my shards, hopefully they aren't *too* expensive in the Market.

And, of course, *huge* thank you to @birdzgoboom for giving us such an amazing family of dragons! There are a couple in-cave spriters where I just love their style and past releases so much that I *know* I'll love anything they put out next, birdz is *definitely* one of them!

You know... If a bunch of us all bred our Xenos during this release...how likely are we going to have a wall of Xenos?

Or would they get snapped up too fast?

6 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

You know... If a bunch of us all bred our Xenos during this release...how likely are we going to have a wall of Xenos?

Or would they get snapped up too fast?

I bred a bunch of mine hoping for just that outcome. Even if many were messy, at least it's still up people chances to breed more to get new Xeno's of their own.

They've been trickling in all day, at most they manage to get up to a row before they get snapped up. They're still xenos, even if not the new ones. The old ones do sit longer, but I don't think we'll manage a wall.

If the ap wasn't so low time on the other hand, we might've walled.

Edited by Tinibree

4 minutes ago, Amberleigh said:

I'm confused.....how do we get the Staterea xeno?

It drops in all biomes, it has a different yet similar desc to the xenos. It's just a lot rarer

2 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

It drops in all biomes, it has a different yet similar desc to the xenos. It's just a lot rarer

What is its description? And thank you for the response.

I'm about to give up, not even seeing anything in forest jungle and volcano on neither the hourly nor the 5 minute drops

53 minutes ago, Amberleigh said:

What is its description? And thank you for the response.

It starts with "Mana flows like a current".

Since people are having a hard time grabbing these, I thought I'd share some tips that seem to be working for me.

I definitely recommend checking the biomes in between resets every once in a while. I've gotten lucky a few times already, visiting all the biomes in between resets and snatching a random new xeno that got revealed after someone took an egg at just the right time. Probably best not to stare at them for too long and exhaust yourself though, unless you see some desireable egg at a biome and expect someone to pick it up. My tactic is also to linger after reset and keep checking the biomes for a little while for this exact reason when I hunt. The resets themselves are super crowded and eggs get snatched so instantly that it's really hard to grab them. Of course it's still always worth trying to catch eggs from them too.

On another note, it may pay off to try and stalk the biome with the least people instead of the one that has the egg you need on reset. I've been able to find new xeno swaps at the trading hub with relative ease these past couple days so I tend to just stalk in whichever biome I feel my odds of catching something are the highest at whenever I'm not patrolling all of them.

I have not been able to catch a single new Staterae even then though. Or even see one? Not sure since my eyes are only focused on the word "Mana" whenever I hunt for Xenos. Could have easily seen one without it even registering.

Edited by Nagapie

I suppose I have my pair so I should tell everyone else how I got them, sorry for not speaking up sooner. I traded every xeno hatchling I got in sets of four in change for a single "flow" egg each time. It's very costly but was worth it in my book.

I wonder if the Noodle God can breed true or if it only breeds other Xenos?

4 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I wonder if the Noodle God can breed true or if it only breeds other Xenos?

I hope it breeds true more often than not so we can linage make with it and so that users that can't hunt one get a chance to get one.

*Sigh*  

Saw a Flow egg in the Forest Biome but I didn't click fast enough. 😩

I wonder why we were given a new batch of Xenos. Any particular reason?  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  The spriters did a great job.  I just wonder what the reasoning was.