TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

45 minutes ago, Syiren said:

....... Birdz, you never cease to amaze. The giant Noodle God astounding. I'm too stunned by its sheer epicness to post much else. I'm going to go and make some ramen to celebrate this amazing release.

Noodle God XD

I LOVE the Noodle God! :wub: It's gorgeous!

These creatures are spectacular!  (y)  Love the art!  :wub:  Love the colors!  :wub:

Sorry for posting a youtube vid, but tell me this isn't us trying to scramble in the biomes and AP trying to grabs these epic noodle pretties.

(psst: changing the playback speed to 1.25 makes it more fun)

How do you get the Staterae ones? I haven't seen them around in the caves. Hope they're not some exclusive nonsense that was around during specific hours that I missed or some garbage like that. ↓ So they're gonna be like golds? Glad they're not missable, though it means I will never get one with my pingy internet, but hopefully they show up in the shop at some point - saved up a ton of shards I have never spent as of yet.

Anyway, of the rest, I really love the yellow, teal, and orange ones. :D The Pharos is so good - love those horns and the shards around them.

Edited by Natakiro

They aren't exclusive. They are a normal drop that is just harder to find, possibly from a higher rarity. This is a normal release, not a holiday. Its not going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

dlehUQr.png

Exactly five years ago (well, from the posting of this thread, anyhow!) -- June 27th, 2015 -- the original Xenowyrms were released.

The Gaia, Astrapi, Chrono, Pyro, Thalassa, and Mageia were those six wyrm children that were released upon Galsreim!

I genuinely never really thought that they would come to be enjoyed so much, especially five whole years later.

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set: the Umbra, Aquilo, Obidar, Ke'maro, Aso, and Pharos. Some are friendly, some are not-so-friendly. 🙂

And... of course, the big wyrm in the room: the Staterae Xenowyrm, the original ancient dragon that branched off into all the different subspecies we have today.

It's been really fun reading the thread, and seeing the discussion in Discord about these guys and this release. (And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

I'm glad to have the opportunity to create these dragons, and I look forward to seeing what cool lineage projects you all have in mind going forward!

So to wrap up... I just wanted to say, thank you for making the five-year anniversary of the Xenowyrms special!

This is honestly so beautiful, thank you for all your hard work. It is definitely appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

dlehUQr.png

Exactly five years ago (well, from the posting of this thread, anyhow!) -- June 27th, 2015 -- the original Xenowyrms were released.

The Gaia, Astrapi, Chrono, Pyro, Thalassa, and Mageia were those six wyrm children that were released upon Galsreim!

I genuinely never really thought that they would come to be enjoyed so much, especially five whole years later.

I hope you guys enjoy the new six to complete the elemental set: the Umbra, Aquilo, Obidar, Ke'maro, Aso, and Pharos. Some are friendly, some are not-so-friendly. 🙂

And... of course, the big wyrm in the room: the Staterae Xenowyrm, the original ancient dragon that branched off into all the different subspecies we have today.

It's been really fun reading the thread, and seeing the discussion in Discord about these guys and this release. (And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

I'm glad to have the opportunity to create these dragons, and I look forward to seeing what cool lineage projects you all have in mind going forward!

So to wrap up... I just wanted to say, thank you for making the five-year anniversary of the Xenowyrms special!

You're wrong, Birdz. We should be thanking you. You've helped enrich the cave and several events with your amazing skill and brilliance. I keep trying to pick a fav Xeno, but there's so many amazing details between all 12 + Big Mama that I can't even try to pick a fav. Breeding plans will be a lot more fun and interesting with these amazing additions. And I cannot wait for the holidays to roll around and breed these to my CB Holidays.

Omg, so pretty! I love that, birdz! I want to hoard Umbra and Staterae so bad...

14 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

<snip>

Which body do I report you to for being so talented and all round amazing? Thank you so much for all of them, will be hard to ever top a collection of sprites as lineage-inspiring as these guys are.

Edited by dragonico

I'm just so happy to get more Xenos! I can't even believe it's really been 5 years since the first ones debuted. 

This update was the only way I could actually get my hands on some Xeno eggs from the AP from people trying to breed the new eggs from their Xenos so thank yall for experimenting!

EDIT: And THANK YOU Birdz and TJ and everyone else for your hard work and passion! The fact that this is something I get to enjoy with other people who love dragons as much as I do makes this entire experience so magical :D

Edited by multicharbar

14 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

(And the surprise when someone bred the first Staterae...!)

Gorgeous art, birdz (both sprites and in your post!) thank you so very much for putting up with us and giving us such beautiful and well loved wyrms ❤️

I quoted this particular part of your post because the absolute mayhem that erupted upon that first Staterae egg being shared will forever be ingrained in my brain - the responses and just how fast that chat moved was absolutely hilarious 😂 The excitement was very palpable and I very much appreciate the community that DC has, even when we don't always agree. I look forward to many more exciting lineages with these beautiful beasties!

2 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

<snip>

I mean it's description does say "this behemoth retains many of the diverse characteristics of each of them." so I guess they should have something in common with most Xenos lol.

I wanted to quote this one post in particular -- just because I'm really glad someone noticed this part in the description.

It does have elements from all the designs of the other 12. (Or should I say the other 12 have elements from it? haha.)

Anyway:

Astrapi - asymmetrical spines (on tail)
Thalassa - body stripe
Mageia - layered scales and crystalline scutes
Chrono - glowing tendrils sprouting from head
Gaia - bug wing-esque frills (some are calling them ears... haha!)
Pyro - wide/flat spine plates
Aquilo - smooth body plating
Aso - thick/rounded back spikes
Pharos - floating crystals
Obidar - branching horns/antlers
Umbra - crystal scales
Ke'maro - tentacles

(It was difficult!)

I wish I could like replies on here- thanks you guys for such kind words to my other post. ;v;

1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Yep.  I was loaded up with 8 eggs by 5 am, the flows dropped at 6 am...

I got my last ones around 3 am EST-ish. So yeah. I went to bed, happy that I didn't have to go crazy...and then discovered the next afternoon that I'd miss the drop. 

At least we know why the Staterae was such a mystery that it didn't even show up on the first page til today. The description kinds clears it up for certain though. I figured there was an underlying reason and wasn't something meant for certain people to find out about like some said. 

Regardless, was a really fun release. I managed to snag a Staterae egg off the AP a few hours ago so, I don't have a pair, but I'm happy with just my one for now.

51 minutes ago, birdzgoboom said:

NxotFid.png

This is so cool - and the blend in the Staterae. Thank you! :wub:

i was surprised to learn this is the 5 year anniversary of xenos -- the ones from the original release still feel shiny and new to me. there's still a quick inhale when i see "mana" in the biomes (i can't even describe what happened when i first looked in to see this release... XD) and a delighted puff of exhale on those occasions that i actually manage to click in time.

now we have six new cousins (distant cousins?) as well as the xeno type that started it all in galsreim. and when i saw that art @birdzgoboom posted of all of them together, i got hit with a wave of emotion. thank you for all the joy these past five years, and for starting us on the next five years so spectacularly!

(this sets the bar kinda high for the 10 year xeno anniversary, tho. :3) 

Edited by miaou