TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

The Staterae is beautiful,I love how big it is in fact I just love its overall design, its description ticked all my hooes i was hoping it would be something like this in terms of origins

Edited by Bloommist

Woah that's a pretty noodle.

Am I reading too much into the design or does the Staterae have some design elements in common with each Xeno? (at least the new 6 ones)

The Staterae. Oh my gosh, the Staterae. It's beautiful! Now I want to have them even more! I'll have to return to hunting asap. 

Staterae looks like big, divine ancestor of all Xenos. It's just beautiful.

I'm proud I have a pair of them :)

Overally this release is gorgeous! Unfortunately, I haven't got all of new xenos yet

And here I was thinking I was unlucky to grab six of the flow eggs during the main drop. SHEW LAWD!! 

I will cherish these for all time, the beauties 🥰

Latin definition for: statera, staterae

Definitions:

1. chariot pole
2. grade, standard of quality
3. scales, balance

Glorious dragons. Thank you Birdz 💜

Well I'm now happy I didn't ditch 1 of my flow eggs in order to try for an Alpine one when there was that flood of flows 😛

12 minutes ago, Isuzu said:

Woah that's a pretty noodle.

Am I reading too much into the design or does the Staterae have some design elements in common with each Xeno? (at least the new 6 ones)

I mean it's description does say "this behemoth retains many of the diverse characteristics of each of them." so I guess they should have something in common with most Xenos lol.

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

HYPE!!!!!

THEY ALL LOOK SO COOL!

The Aquilo are so sleek and pretty!

The Aso and Umbras look epic!!

The Obidar look so nice! I think they are my favorites.

And the Ke’maro, mmph! They look so great too! They look like they'd pair really well with Black Marrows!

BUT THE PHAROS, the Pharos though! It has the most garish set of colors, and honestly, I have a hard time looking at it, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD. @birdzgoboom HOW DID YOU GET SUCH NEON COLORS TO LOOK SO NICE????!?!??!?!?!? *flips tables and screams* IT LOOKS SO GOOOOD, BUT IT HURTS MY EYES!!! BUT I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!!!! I JUST WANNA KEEP STARING AT THIS MARVEL OF ART. BUT IT HURTS.

On a diferent note, @Pixxelation, ADULTS ARE HERE!

HYPE

TRAIN!!!!

(I'm so stupidly excited over these guys, Yet, I only have 4 of the including the flow egg, 3 of which of are bred... Sigh.)

And for ref - NEW XENO LOCATIONS AND XENOWYRM TOPICS:

(shoves everything into a spoiler because it's getting long)

Hide contents

-

On 6/28/2020 at 6:31 PM, Shokomon said:

Because New Xenos:

1. Breeding Plans
  2. Breeding Pattern
  3. In Cave Info to help with any confusion for late comers:
      On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Shokomon said:
      On 6/27/2020 at 8:50 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Currently, the “mana flows like a current” eggs are dominating the biomes. You may know them as the “hybrid” or “bred” new egg if you were here early. These eggs have only one sprite: image.gif.464e0033c441c9e76d6ea8be061b3307.gif They are not featured on the release post for whatever reason.

The ones featured on the release post have the description of existing xenowyrm eggs. (Shorter than flow eggs for those hunting)

Alpine: image.gif.8b2fea51a3d85f0588bb22d406af47df.gif Desert: image.gif.74af6077eccf2d968eb5c84b5af292dc.gif Jungle: image.gif.e1fd7f3920e5a59bcf6defd16640f982.gif 

Coast: image.gif.aaea15dd546c58ded6bf802526900d18.gif  Forest: image.gif.acb0446954cc1db858f3ad81f3a264a7.gif Volcano: image.gif.666b261501bce8908914e496f2058c2a.gif   

{snip}

And just to distinguish,

Xenos:

ALP CO FOR DE JUL VOL

latest?cb=20150627180046latest?cb=20150627180055latest?cb=20150627180111latest?cb=20150627180103latest?cb=20150627180116latest?cb=20150627180121

latest?cb=20200627063340latest?cb=20200627064700latest?cb=20200627065437latest?cb=20200627064814latest?cb=20200627065006latest?cb=20200627065137

Mana courses throughout this glassy egg.

Not-Xeno Mystery Egg:

ALL

latest?cb=20200627065901

Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

-

Because it may be helpful.

And because I can - Comparing the Adults:

Hide contents

Release 1:latest?cb=20150701014424latest?cb=20150701015001latest?cb=20150701015151latest?cb=20150701014432latest?cb=20150701014554latest?cb=20150701014730

Release 2: latest?cb=20200630112741Aso Xenowyrm adultlatest?cb=20200630114731latest?cb=20200630114339latest?cb=20200630114243latest?cb=20200630114651

Ancestor of all: latest?cb=20200630220823

Hee Hee Hee.

Going to add here that the Staterae are GOREGEOUS.

But here is the question...

Are they on the level of Sinomorphs and GoN's or not?

I love the Staterae but it is still kinda sad that they're so aloof that they don't even show interest their adoptive-parents. I hatched you dude, at least show a mild interest! Maybe that's part of why they're so rare: they give so few hecks about literally anything that they doomed their species through apathy.

Edited by blockEdragon

Absolutely beautiful spritework, such crispness and depth!

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Are they on the level of Sinomorphs and GoN's or not?

Based on the breed descriptions:

GoN: thought to exist only in legend ... able to channel the forces of fire, ice and lightning, which allows them to wield tremendous power ... seen very rarely ...

Sinomorph: one of the most enigmatic of dragon breeds... shrouded in near-complete mystery ... record of its existence may be limited to folklore and ancient legends ...

Staterae: its kind has not been seen in many millennia ... remain extremely enigmatic ... magics are not well understood beyond being immensely powerful, and there are those that consider them to be divine beings ...

If description similarities are anything to go by then this probably seals the Staterae's placement among the DC "gods", so to speak.

Edited by Lushwave

Now I have my favourite of the new release. The Staterae are absolutely stunning!

Looks like I have my work cut out for the next weeks, err months, umm probably years trying to catch my 8 CB pairs of them...

....... Birdz, you never cease to amaze. The giant Noodle God astounding. I'm too stunned by its sheer epicness to post much else. I'm going to go and make some ramen to celebrate this amazing release.

The flow adult is extremely cool, as are the rest of the sprites.  Thanks TJ and the artists!

I do have to admit, the Staterae are beautiful, and birdz did an amazing job on all of these.

But Staterae will join Neglecteds and Zombies on the very short list of dragons not welcome on my scroll.  And there are plenty of blank spaces for any other dragons "released" secretly in a 3 hour flood while I'm asleep. 

/thread /release

Oh, the Staterae is super cool. Very big, very fancy.

If I include it and make a Xenowyrm Tier List of My Personal Taste:

S+ Tier (best worms): Chrono, Pharos
S Tier (very good worms): Ke'maro, Staterae, Gaia
A Tier (very good worms but a little less): Mageia, Umbra, Obidar, Thalassa
B Tier (good worms): Aso, Astrapi
C Tier (nice worms): Aquilo, Pyro
D-F Tier (bad worms): none, they're all good

Just my 2 cents, but I thought I was lucky because I managed to grab at least one of each new Xeno at 12:30 am EST. Not happy to find out there was a 7th egg that dropped 6 hours later (when some of us were sleeping) and then never again since. Initially it sounded like a breed-only hybrid which made sense. However, I've been looking for a Flow/Staterae since and haven't seen a single one anywhere. I have a fairly fast connection but there's always a lag in the AP, and the biomes. There should be a better way to do this. 

2 minutes ago, RagaDal said:

Just my 2 cents, but I thought I was lucky because I managed to grab at least one of each new Xeno at 12:30 am EST. Not happy to find out there was a 7th egg that dropped 6 hours later (when some of us were sleeping) and then never again since. Initially it sounded like a breed-only hybrid which made sense. However, I've been looking for a Flow/Staterae since and haven't seen a single one anywhere. I have a fairly fast connection but there's always a lag in the AP, and the biomes. There should be a better way to do this. 

Yep.  I was loaded up with 8 eggs by 5 am, the flows dropped at 6 am...

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

'tis beautiful, but not more than the first 6!  All of these are equaling amazing, in my opinion!  Just love the colors and shading!  Thanks @birdzgoboom  This is one my very favorite releases!

yes to all of this! a year from now, if i happen to be lucky enough to get  a "mana courses" egg from the jungle, i'm sure not gonna be mad if a gaia shows up on my scroll instead of an umbra. :D

many thanks to birdz for making the five year anniversary of xenos so special! ❤