TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

The OP was quite clear that there were different eggs in every biome. That gave us all a reason to hunt everywhere. No problem.

I have missed THREE "flow" eggs in the last 10 minutes!   On the bright side, I have perfected my belly flop.  XD

4 hours ago, Moranna said:

There are just too many dragons overall now to keep to the schedule of having the new eggs flood for less than 24 hours then have a hard switchover to the standard drops.  According to my list (which could be completely wrong) we now have between 65ish - 90ish dragons per biome, so each new release is diluted by quite a bit when the mix happens.  I like your idea of having a mix before going to the standard drops.  Maybe a decreasing % over 4 days instead? IE D1 Flood - D2 75% - D3 50% - D4 25% - D5 normal.  I think this would give everyone who missed D1 for various reasons a chance to catch them while allowing others to go back to their regular catching goals.

I like this idea. I missed the release by a day, have been trying for 2 days now and just caught my 2nd new egg about 30 minutes ago. By the time the screen loads telling me that I missed the egg, the drop is already over. It's getting really frustrating to even try to fill scroll goals when you miss the release.

Welp... I did say it once but I'll say it again... It IS just a game.

Me and everyone else that have been saying this do not mean to downplay anybodies emotions, frustrations and so on... but if you have chosen this game to be your safe place, your happy place and relaxation, you have chosen a wrong game and you can't blame a whole game mechanic for your reaction. It IS a game of HUNTING among MULTIPLE users, of course it's gonna be a bit stressful. Don't put yourself knowingly in that kind of situation and then blame others for it. 

I agree that with now so many users and so many new breeds, the timing should be extended and so forth, and this should be addressed at the right place and in the right tone...

But some of you are taking this too personal... Do you blame a game when your aim is bad at a shooting game? Do you blame a game when you can't finish a mission because you don't know what to do, how to do? Do you play every single game with a gameplay/walkthrough by your side? Do you hate easter eggs in other games?? Do you blame a game for your computer not being suitable with?

I also have been playing this game for 10 years and still can't hunt down a CB gold/silver/dino/etc. I ain't mad tho. There is the market, there is trading, there is AP... sooo I'm chill, and I can still get to look at the dragons at other peoples scrolls, the wiki and so on...

If everyone got every single egg at the beginning of every drop, the game would lose its purpose...

Amazing new adults! I think the desert variant might be my favorite. It reminds me of the stardust dragon from Terraria. I still don't have one of each (and unfortunately no deserts!) due to egglock, but I'll be able to hunt again later today!

I've seen about a half-dozen flow eggs in the AP so far today, and I've only actively hunted for maybe 2 hours total today. They are there. They haven't disappeared. They just get snatched *very* fast! Every one I've seen was gone when I clicked it. 

I'm attempting to breed the original Xenos to get some of the new ones (or maybe even a flow), but all I've gotten so far is no interest, refusal, and original-Xeno eggs. I'm curious if there are certain conditions to breeding these new ones, like only specific xeno-pairings, or the parents have to be CB, or... Something. I've seen the earlier posts showing what users bred to get them, but maybe I'm just unlucky today.

The new adults are downright lovely! Fantastic work, Birdz!

Spoiler

Well, I usually don't add input to here nearly as much as I used to but since we're now having adults.

After dumping all the eggs I had growing, I locked myself on 6 of the new Xenos (and the two prize dragons I had growing still) maybe 8 hours after the release. It wasn't too tedious yet, I sat around and waited for any drop besides the hourly. After my eggs hatched, I went back to hunt for more, by this time the old eggs had come back. It was a pain, I still had yet to see a single flow egg during this release, or maybe I did but since the descriptions are so similar I looked it over. Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and trade off my two prize dragons for more of the new Xenos because I remembered how hard it was to get them after the original release. So with that I wound up locking myself again, incubated them, and am still hunting in the caves with the remaining egg slots I had open. I quit playing daily, let alone weekly for quite awhile, aside from you can only do so much on a click site (still love this game) I started to get slightly less invested in this game and maybe came in monthly to wait for the new release, locked myself, then waited again for next release. This is honestly the first release I've been in, in a long time, that I couldn't just grab everything I wanted the first time (I wanted a CB pair of each new Xeno...and a pair of Flow eggs) so that's why I'm still cave hunting and around. I'm rambling but I used to be super invested in this game, the only CB I never got was a Silver (I've been here for...8 years lol) so the market was great for me, I bought a pair. That being said, I do hope that the new flow egg can be purchased in the market, as even if you can breed for them, I've had zero luck, in the cave and the AP. If they can be I'm not particularly bothered by it.  

My new favorite Xeno is the Ke'maro, then the Pharo and Umbras. I'm really glad we now have a Xeno for each form of magic. Aside from Balance so I'm pretty sure the flow egg is the "original Xeno" that's mentioned in the description of each of the others. 

Originating from a single species that thrived in ancient times, 

So it kind of makes me think they're meant to be incredibly rare. If this was the very first Xeno, then it would make sense that all the others that came from it diversified, meaning the original one became less prominent, kind of like a recessive gene.

That aside, some issues I have noticed/maybe suggestions:

Just to clarify, people can find a game like DC fun but also point out issues with some of things. 

• -I forget the exact numbers someone posted but there are quite a lot of dragons in each biome now. With each release we get more dragons added, but we still only can see 3 egg descriptions at a time. I know the eggs change every 5 minutes so maybe this isn't too much of an issue? I have seen a couple new biome types suggested and I think it'd be cool to have maybe even just a 7th type, just to spread out the species a bit more. 
  • -I'm not really partial to the idea of how the flow egg was revealed honestly. When a new release happens, I pretty much rely on the News thread to get the info I need. I would have been content for there to even be a simple message (not even adding the flow egg to the page still to keep the "mystery") saying something like June’s release brings a new breed. Each biome has a unique variant, so you’ll have to do a lot of traveling to get them all. There is also a 7th breed that travelers should keep an eye out for . 
  • -I like the idea another user suggested about having a steady flow that trickles out. (IE D1 Flood - D2 75% - D3 50% - D4 25% - D5 normal.). 
  • -Lag. DC has had lag issues for a while (unsure if it's on an older server or what) and a few days ago the site went down and I kept getting error messages. While not a major thing, it can get annoying when some people only have a few moments or hour to play. 
  • -Just hoping we get some clarification on something with the flow egg/dragon when it turns into an adult. I don't mind the mystery revolving it (we had hybrids released we had to figure out what + what = new hybrid so this kind of reminds me of that kind of mystery. But again, also it's different, with hybrids or breeding alts, we (the community) usually figures out the mechanic of how to get the Alt/hybrid at or a little before TJ's dragons age up. With this release, it's kind of confusing, as people have bred their Xenos and it still isn't clear how or why some pairings make the flow egg. Unless the Flow dragon is supposed to be super rare then I guess it's understandable, but even then, with a new release, this is when the "New" breed you try for is at it's peak to get. Sorry for the rambling, I hope what I said makes some sense lol. 

Long story short, I just hope we get some clarification on how to get the flow dragons, or what will give us the most chance of breeding for the flow one. 

"Mana courses throughout this glassy egg..." 

*CLICKS, waits for slight lag, does chair dance over little hop to reveal...*   

THALASSA, lol.   At least I like those.  Did get my last needed new xeno, though in the hour drop, so all is well.  

Patience IS a virtue. 

Just now, Seriva Senkalora said:

Sorry if this has been answered before: Do these new ones replace the others in the biomes?

Nope! The old ones are still out there, just rarer right now. If you see a mana egg it's likely to be a new one at the moment. :)

Personally, my biggest gripe with the Flow is that once people did figure out it exists and the surprise was out something could have been said about it in the first post. Just a little extra line mentioning a 7th egg would have been enough.

With nothing being said and with their weird release behavior (breed-only until a surprise flood) speculation and confusion just kind of got out of hand throughout the release.

7 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Nope! The old ones are still out there, just rarer right now. If you see a mana egg it's likely to be a new one at the moment. :)

Thank you for the info. :)

2 hours ago, DarkellaLord said:

I've seen 5 flown in AP in last 5 minutes. Haven't grabbed any. I have 78 people to compete for itwith me=D

Thanks for that heads up!

Two of them are ones I dropped before I knew how rare they would be.

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've seen about a half-dozen flow eggs in the AP so far today, and I've only actively hunted for maybe 2 hours total today. They are there. They haven't disappeared. They just get snatched *very* fast! Every one I've seen was gone when I clicked it. 

I'm attempting to breed the original Xenos to get some of the new ones (or maybe even a flow), but all I've gotten so far is no interest, refusal, and original-Xeno eggs. I'm curious if there are certain conditions to breeding these new ones, like only specific xeno-pairings, or the parents have to be CB, or... Something. I've seen the earlier posts showing what users bred to get them, but maybe I'm just unlucky today.

I was thinking earlier whether it would be a good idea to start a thread on when flows are sighted (or bred) so we can try to determine, as a community, whether the flow dragons are time-based or simply randomised, just so we can find answers to the questions people have speculated. But would this be considered reverse engineering? The findings would only be based upon the observations people have made and then possibly visualised onto a graph.

I bred well over 150 pairs of Xenos only to get no Flows which was a bit annoying but at least we know people are getting them! Out of that many Xenos, I only got about 6 new Xenos. So not many. But I reckon the AP will be full of Xenos for a while thanks to the efforts of our users! I think we will just have to be optimistic with this release. Things might be chaotic now but may be completely different in a week or so. Or may still retain similar levels of chaos. But at this rate, I don't think i'll be breeding a Flow from a Xeno for a while, so I may as well be a little patient. Same goes for catching mates for my CB Xenos.

1 minute ago, maskeradeplays said:

What are the descriptions of the eggs when in cave? :0

The xenos are the same - Mana courses through this glassy egg.

The flow is - Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

Edited by Lagie

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Two of them are ones I dropped before I knew how rare they would be.

I'm guessing that's the source of ALL of them in the ap!  The dangers of eggs not being in the announcement--at least you kept some!

Love the new dragons. Unfortunately I think this release broke me.

I do not think I can keep trying for them right now because it is starting to affect my health. My hand/wrist hurt. I did not sleep much for trying odd hours of getting eggs. Irregular rapid heartbeat and difficulty breathing that begin when trying for drops is relieved when I take a break.

Guess I'll just hatch some AP eggs instead of going for the gorgeous new stuff, to save up points for market. Not fun to try catching anymore right now.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

aaa the adults are so pretty!!!! I think the Umbras is my fave

I still haven't even seen one of the "flow" eggs in the biomes, let alone been able to catch it x_x

I get the feeling I'll prob have to save up or trade for one of them haha

The Pharos is my favorite so far, I just love the colors and the little head 'wings'! Ke'maro is a close second--the creepy tentacles are a nice touch and it has my favorite face structure. The Aquilo is probably my least favorite... like, air is my favorite element but it's a little disappointingly plain next to all these others. That said, it's still a pretty dragon and I'll happily collect and breed them! Least favorite new Xenowyrm, but still in my top third of all dragons, eheh.

Edited by TCA

1 minute ago, BlightWyvern said:

Looks like the Flow Xeno is on the front page now.

With two hours to go! I'm really curious about its name and description!