TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

Still trying to catch the desert and flow ones...three just flashed through the desert, and when I clicked, I came up with a “seed” egg instead😄  it’s all good.  Until yesterday, I only had one of those types since I missed that release too.  On to the hunt!

Not a single flow egg caught...did get a Desert one again. Luckily it was a new one and not a Mageia. 

I just checked the adults. Oh my. I need them so bad now. 

I like how all the original Xenos now have either a complementary or opposite personality xeno subspecies, except for Pyros, whose new counterpart went full murder-wyrm 😂😂😂 

I love the coloring on some of these new Xenos, wow. *Love* that the Obidar adult kept that beautiful red stuff, though I guess it's not flowers like I'd assumed. I think my favorite at this point is the Aquilo, that sleek body and simple pose. I'll be honest, I'm not as thrilled about the adults in general as I'd thought I'd be. But they are all pretty. Although it's very hard to see the Pharos head, kind of blends in with the body, especially since I can't look at it long without my eyes hurting. 

..... About 5 more hours until TJ's flow(s) grow up! Can't wait to see what their adults look like. I don't have any yet, trying to have the patience to just wait until the release-hype has calmed, but I *really* want to hoard those hatchlings! Both stages, but I think the s1 is my favorite. So cute!

"...[Ke'maro Xenowyrms] hunt down any prey they see, trapping them with their coils and the soft, fleshy tentacles they keep stored under their skin."

😨

All terrifying physical adaptations aside, the new adults are GORGEOUS. I particularly love the Pharos and Umbra sprites, but I'm fond of all the rest! The description for the Obidar is lovely, too, they seem like such sweeties.

All and all, what a stunning collection of new Xenos! Thank you, spriters, writers, and TJ!

2 hours ago, Moranna said:

Maybe a decreasing % over 4 days instead? IE D1 Flood - D2 75% - D3 50% - D4 25% - D5 normal.  I think this would give everyone who missed D1 for various reasons a chance to catch them while allowing others to go back to their regular catching goals.

This is quite a nice idea imo. It would definitely help many players to catch an egg during release time even if they missed them at the initial release day. It wouldn't break the difficulty of catching a rare this way and it's fair for those who can't log in every day to check if there is a new release. (which is another can of worms for me; the release dates aren't consistent nor announced beforehand which is unfortunate for many to miss a release as well!)

Edited by Cameko

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to such people as @Moranna and @tjekan (sorry if you also commented in the topiс in the same manner, but I forgot to mention you - I can't remember all of you). I totally agree with you on both the 'let people have and express their emotions' and 'the players should be able to trust the official release notices' opinions. Telling people to calm down and chill isn't helpful at all, and the phrase 'it's just a game' is not an excuse for any problematic things on the site and the forum.

Life is already hard enough for most of us due to the day-to-day problems which we are all facing, not to mention the pandemic, political games and social disturbances, there is no need to use emotional devaluation. Like someone else had said, it's not more than a sign of a bad society.

I would really want to have the ability to trust the official announces and have good game design. It's not like people are mad because they didn't get the egg they wanted (I'm not claiming there are no people like that at all, but still). They are mad at the way this release was and still is handled. And it isn't a topic that should be kept silent about.

P.S. I have no problems with people from Wiki or Discord members, I'm talking about the mini-modding from other forum members, mostly about the 'stay positive' thing and no official information from staff since June 27th.

Edited by BreRo

10 minutes ago, BreRo said:

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to such people as @Moranna and @tjekan (sorry if you also commented in the topiс in the same manner, but I forgot to mention you - I can't remember all of you). I totally agree with you on both the 'let people have and express their emotions' and 'the players should be able to trust the official release notices' opinions. Telling people to calm down and chill isn't helpful at all, and the phrase 'it's just a game' is not an excuse for any problematic things on the site and the forum.

Life is already hard enough for most of all due to the day-to-day problems which we are all facing, not to mention the pandemic, political games and social disturbances, there is no need to use emotional devaluation. Like someone else had said, it's not more than a sign of a bad society.

I would really want to have the ability to trust the official announces and have good game design. It's not like people are mad because they didn't get the egg they wanted (I'm not claiming there are no people like that at all, but still). They are mad at the way this release was and still is handled. And it isn't a topic that should be kept silent about.

It was addressed for the most part by mods, spriters, and wiki contributers. The wiki is unofficial. There's nothing wrong with a surprise release. People weren't/aren't hiding anything. You can find all info in the thread that we know so far--along with TJ's dragons.

I made a thread about transparency in DC. You all are welcome to post there about what is wrong with "surprise" releases.

Thread: 

Edited by Jazeki

"Flows" eggs are still dropping in biomes; just saw (and missed) one in the forest.

Edit: whoops....didn't mean to double post 🥺

Edited by shannecy

I've seen 5 flown in AP in last 5 minutes. Haven't grabbed any. I have 78 people to compete for itwith me=D

@Jazeki Thanks for providing the link, had troubles finding the topic which is actually dead (not trying to offend you) for several years. I looked through it and got all the information I needed. I wasn't going to proceed further on that part of discussion anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and give support to the people who commented there.

Going back to the release itself, there are still chances to get the new egg if you try to 'plumb' the cave and get rid of the unwanted eggs there. But there are high chances to get an old Xeno instead of the new ones.

12 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

I've seen 5 flown in AP in last 5 minutes. Haven't grabbed any. I have 78 people to compete for itwith me=D

Thank you for the post. I just caught a CB flow in the AP :D

8 minutes ago, BreRo said:

@Jazeki Thanks for providing the link, had troubles finding the topic which is actually dead (not trying to offend you) for several years. I looked through it and got all the information I needed. I wasn't going to proceed further on that part of discussion anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and give support to the people who commented there.

No worries. When you and other users have issues with "trusting official releases," hidden material, or the way that releases are being handled, then it's a transparency issue and it's possibly time to revive the thread. I was mostly addressing that people haven't been silent at all about where or how to get the flow dragons once they were discovered. They're bred and CB. 

Well I'm super late. Haven't gotten a CB one yet and probably won't for a while this late after the release. Bred one of the new volcano ones, though.

1 minute ago, Naughtrish said:

Thank you for the post. I just caught a CB flow in the AP

Congrats=) I've missed another three and competition is getting wilder!

Just missed a CB flow in the AP,

jake.jpg

At least there's some in there.

Edited by blockEdragon

@blockEdragon , me too. And I've missed a total of 8 of them. Now I am refreshing and kinda regretting my life decisions. So many people in AP. Good luck, everybody=)

Thank you to whomever abandoned the flow egg I just got from the AP!

Now I have one of each and can rest easy. Good luck everyone!

The competition is fierce and I love it! Still proud to be the first one to discover the new flow egg as far as I know, through breeding ^^

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

It was addressed for the most part by mods, spriters, and wiki contributers. The wiki is unofficial. There's nothing wrong with a surprise release. People weren't/aren't hiding anything. You can find all info in the thread that we know so far--along with TJ's dragons.

I made a thread about transparency in DC. You all are welcome to post there about what is wrong with "surprise" releases.

Thread: 

I disagree about "There's nothing wrong with a surprise release."

not every player uses forums

and not every player who uses forums has the time (or will) to read through many pages of comments!
I have my Flows ONLY because my bf was hunting when they were the only new xeno dropping and because we check the wiki if the first comment in the news thread doesn't say the biomes and descriptions - like in this very thread... we were close to miss the info! pure lucky accident:/

and not everyone is aware of the wiki.

and stalk Silvi's Lair if there's anythign extra??? the last think I'd think about doing...

This news OP doesn't fulfil its basic function - being the official information source. it shouldn't be just the user comments or a fanmade third party site (wiki)... I trusted those news posts are a reliable source (at least for cave-dropping releases)... it's super stressful to see it's not true... as if I hadn't enough of anxiety-causing things irl... :(

very disappointing

Edited by VixenDra

Thank you people who have dropped a few "flows" to the AP!💕 I've spent the past two days hunting for them in the biomes - every five minutes for hours on end! Now I can finally rest my page refreshing-hand.

3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I disagree about "There's nothing wrong with a surprise release."

not every player uses forums

and not every player who uses forums has the time (or will) to read through many pages of comments!
I have my Flows ONLY because my bf was hunting when they were the only new xeno dropping and because we check the wiki if the first comment in the news thread doesn't say the biomes and descriptions - like in this very thread... we were close to miss the info! pure lucky accident:/

and not everyone is aware of the wiki.

and stalk Silvi's Lair if there's anythign extra??? the last think I'd think about doing...

This news OP doesn't fulfil its basic function - being the official information source. it shouldn't be just the user comments or a fanmade third party site (wiki)... I trusted those news posts are a reliable source (at least for cave-dropping releases)... it's super stressful to see it's not true... as if I hadn't enough of anxiety-causing things irl... :(

and I was thinking we're making it closer to accpetable in terms of transparency in DC, very disappointing

This is not DC's first secret release. There have been others. This is just one that people have more information on.

I addressed most of your comments in my post yesterday, here:

Also, from page 3 onward, people have been posting the description of the flows, the link to TJ's dragons, how to breed them from your dragons,  etc. People have been giving them away. They're in the AP. They're in the biomes. This whole thread is the information source, not just the OP. The Discord is official, so are the other social media sites. Nothing is being withheld from users at this point.  TJ even links news posts on the front page of the site for people (whether they use the forum or not) to look at if they want. 

The wiki is unofficial and people are volunteering their time and information. TJ has no control over the accuracy. 

I'm not saying it doesn't suck to not have all the information immediately or it's wrong to be upset over not being able to catch/breed/find these eggs. 

I have to say, that I don't like it when there are 6+ new dragons on the release. Naturally everyone want to have a pair or something like that, and I had a really high stress lvl, when they started to mix sooooo quickly with other eggs. And I REALLY don't like the fact of how we had no information about the 7th egg, the "flow" one. 

But dragons are pretty, even if I prefer the look of the older xeno, but I have to say- jungle and forest ones are the most creative of those. I love them ♥