TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

18 minutes ago, deja said:

Are the egg still dropping? I can't catch any. 😭

Last ones I saw where at 16:40 drop. There were three in a row then. Non of them I got. -.- Since then not a single one I have seen... Thats so frustrating. I should be working.. by the way.. ^^''

Once again, @birdzgoboom does not disappoint! You have outdone yourself with these.

I love the colors of the Pharos, but I am still trying to sort out just which part of it is the face (much like the Omen wyrms, which I never have figured out!)

No way I can pick a favorite of these. They are all lovely. Trying to get their names straight will be almost as much of a challenge as being able to catch them! XD

11 minutes ago, Cameko said:

Especially with the entire site having serious performance problems at the 5 minute and full hour drop. At the release I tried 3 different platforms (phone, PC, laptop) and the site was (and still is!) always lagging at the drops which made it almost impossible to catch any uncommons/rares in the biomes.

Ohh thanks for this post. I thought it was just me, the site freezes and the drop is at least one minute past the hour for me.

12 hours ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Maybe I'm just too old for this anymore. I do not need the stress nor to develop carpal tunnel from the clicking. It would be nice if the new release was at least 50% of the cave drops for [1 day for each egg included in the release] - in this case, 7 days.

There are just too many dragons overall now to keep to the schedule of having the new eggs flood for less than 24 hours then have a hard switchover to the standard drops.  According to my list (which could be completely wrong) we now have between 65ish - 90ish dragons per biome, so each new release is diluted by quite a bit when the mix happens.  I like your idea of having a mix before going to the standard drops.  Maybe a decreasing % over 4 days instead? IE D1 Flood - D2 75% - D3 50% - D4 25% - D5 normal.  I think this would give everyone who missed D1 for various reasons a chance to catch them while allowing others to go back to their regular catching goals.

I get lag on the hourly as well, so in the end it's just another shuffle for me. >..<

Ohh... I've always wanted to have a tree dragon. And here I was thinking that Obidar had the ugliest egg lol

For me it's the ginormous background image of each biome being unable to reload quickly.  It gets stuck, then the page goes white, then only the text returns but is scrambled and left-justified on the webpage, then the backgound image partially loads, and then the page loads normally.  By this time the drop is mostly over.

Need to turn off or disable background images.

Finally, FINALLY, I was able to catch my first new Xeno egg! That was so hard, I missed the initial release and the hunt's gotten extremely intense. :lol:

And it's even the forest variant, which is definitely my favourite of the lot, now that they have all grown up.

Thanks for the release and good luck to everyone hunting!

Ugh, wish I didn't have to work today.

I realize it's a game and that its supposed to be challenging.  But I'm still frustrated by the elusive Flow egg.  Particularly since, by the time I was aware of its existence and was no longer egglocked by the new Xenos, the drops had become mixed, which makes it next to impossible to snag one.

I know they can be bred, too, but I understand even that's not guaranteed.  

Omg, the desert wyrms are as gorgeous as I expected!!

Thanks Birdz for more lovely dragons :D 

Have a quick meme I made:

1372326508_pharoswyrmsmeme.png.9ca3fd2b57cab483dce8dd28037a4f5f.png

HYPE!!!!!

THEY ALL LOOK SO COOL!

The Aquilo are so sleek and pretty!

The Aso and Umbras look epic!!

The Obidar look so nice! I think they are my favorites.

And the Ke’maro, mmph! They look so great too! They look like they'd pair really well with Black Marrows!

BUT THE PHAROS, the Pharos though! It has the most garish set of colors, and honestly, I have a hard time looking at it, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD. @birdzgoboom HOW DID YOU GET SUCH NEON COLORS TO LOOK SO NICE????!?!??!?!?!? *flips tables and screams* IT LOOKS SO GOOOOD, BUT IT HURTS MY EYES!!! BUT I CAN'T LOOK AWAY!!!! I JUST WANNA KEEP STARING AT THIS MARVEL OF ART. BUT IT HURTS.

On a diferent note, @Pixxelation, ADULTS ARE HERE!

HYPE

TRAIN!!!!

(I'm so stupidly excited over these guys, Yet, I only have 4 of the including the flow egg, 3 of which of are bred... Sigh.)

And for ref - NEW XENO LOCATIONS AND XENOWYRM TOPICS:

(shoves everything into a spoiler because it's getting long)

Spoiler

On 6/28/2020 at 6:31 PM, Shokomon said:

Because New Xenos:

1. Breeding Plans
  2. Breeding Pattern
  3. In Cave Info to help with any confusion for late comers:
    On 6/27/2020 at 9:11 AM, Shokomon said:
    On 6/27/2020 at 8:50 AM, Rememberdrgns said:

Currently, the “mana flows like a current” eggs are dominating the biomes. You may know them as the “hybrid” or “bred” new egg if you were here early. These eggs have only one sprite: image.gif.464e0033c441c9e76d6ea8be061b3307.gif They are not featured on the release post for whatever reason.

The ones featured on the release post have the description of existing xenowyrm eggs. (Shorter than flow eggs for those hunting)

Alpine: image.gif.8b2fea51a3d85f0588bb22d406af47df.gif Desert: image.gif.74af6077eccf2d968eb5c84b5af292dc.gif Jungle: image.gif.e1fd7f3920e5a59bcf6defd16640f982.gif 

Coast: image.gif.aaea15dd546c58ded6bf802526900d18.gif  Forest: image.gif.acb0446954cc1db858f3ad81f3a264a7.gif Volcano: image.gif.666b261501bce8908914e496f2058c2a.gif   

{snip}

And just to distinguish,

Xenos:

ALP CO FOR DE JUL VOL

latest?cb=20150627180046latest?cb=20150627180055latest?cb=20150627180111latest?cb=20150627180103latest?cb=20150627180116latest?cb=20150627180121

latest?cb=20200627063340latest?cb=20200627064700latest?cb=20200627065437latest?cb=20200627064814latest?cb=20200627065006latest?cb=20200627065137

Mana courses throughout this glassy egg.

Not-Xeno Mystery Egg:

ALL

latest?cb=20200627065901

Mana flows like a current through this glassy egg.

Because it may be helpful.

And because I can - Comparing the Adults:

Spoiler

Release 1:latest?cb=20150701014424latest?cb=20150701015001latest?cb=20150701015151latest?cb=20150701014432latest?cb=20150701014554latest?cb=20150701014730

Release 2: latest?cb=20200630112741Aso Xenowyrm adultlatest?cb=20200630114731latest?cb=20200630114339latest?cb=20200630114243latest?cb=20200630114651

Hee Hee Hee.

They all look amazing, i'm so looking forward to expanding my collection of xenowyrms overtime. The Umbra or Pharos are probably the the best of the bunch.

Edited by blockEdragon

I gotta try for an Aso/Mageia checker

I give up lol I need 1 each from the Desert/Jungle/Forest and have never seen the 7th one (Flow)

Aquilo: Dive bombs you, laughs when you duck/scream/run, then asks what's up.

Aso: Will freeze you if you get too close.

Obidar: Sneaks into your camp at night and goes through your stuff.

Pharo: Reluctantly tells you about the Flat Earth, MK Ultra and the Illuminati.

Umbra: Wants you off its lawn, will destroy you if you don't leave.

Ke'maro: Eats you immediately.

Cloudplume: Just loves you bunches.

Why are Xenos so mean!?!?! 🤣

Edited by Maiden

21 hours ago, Spirulina said:

Relax, it's just a game. 

I'm not stressed nor un-relaxed. I just think games are less fun when they're inconsistent. There is no REASON to release seven dragon eggs, announce six of them in a main post on the official forum where all players can see it, but omit the seventh one. There is no gameplay rationale for this. It makes no sense. It's purely there to serve as a little bonus for people who scroll all the way through the forum replies and/or sign up for the discord. It's kind of lame. When the game creator always officially announces new releases in a certain place, players don't expect that to be, you know, a SUBSET of the actual new releases.

In this case, honestly, I don't care. There are so many new xenos that it will take me a long time to fill up on them anyway, so it doesn't matter if I get the sekrit one now or next month. But that part would have been exactly the same if the seventh egg was simply much rarer than the others and I was unable to catch one of it--which is also true and which I have no issue with. Omitting it from the announcement was the part that was just not good game design, sorry. Players should be able to trust the official release notices, now they will have to second-guess every one from now on and wonder what the real release is.

Edited by tjekan

1 hour ago, Naughtrish said:

Ohh thanks for this post. I thought it was just me, the site freezes and the drop is at least one minute past the hour for me.

Is that from lag? I thought it was supposed to be a minute past the hour.

No wonder I rarely see any new releases at the top of the hour (except when they're flooding).

omg..... the Pharos..... *hyper squeaky fangirl noises*

:wub:

14 minutes ago, Maiden said:

Obidar: Sneaks into your camp at night and goes through your stuff.

So they're the raccoons of the dragon world? 😄

Just now, Laura-Borealis said:

So they're the raccoons of the dragon world? 😄

🤣 YES!  Wake up in the morning, there's garbage and pink flower petals everywhere and you know an Obidar has been there.

6 minutes ago, Maiden said:

🤣 YES!  Wake up in the morning, there's garbage and pink flower petals everywhere and you know an Obidar has been there.

You hear your trash can get knocked over in the night. You grab your frying pan, ready to face a masked thief, but instead you find yourself face-to-face with a huge flowery snake just looking through your veggie scraps.

Edited by RealWilliamShakespeare

WHOA. The adults are incredible! I think I love the Aquilos, Pharoses, and Umbras best, but can already imagine cool lineage ideas for all of them. Yay!

33 minutes ago, Maiden said:

Why are Xenos so mean!?!?! 🤣

Probably because they can afford to be that way sometimes.

It probably comes with the immense power and their place in the food chain. Look at large predators in the real world, most of them could be called "mean" if they where sapient but they act the way they do because strength and brutality is often the only way to maintain a territory with enough food to feed themselves. On a more human level, when you're the strongest, raised by the strongest and never really challenged for that title by the majority of the world due to your immense power you may just become arrogant and develop a somewhat warped sense of right and wrong, even if you're not eating babies you might be a bit of a jerk sometimes purely because you can get away with it.

I actually like that the wyrms aren't all idealized, they're unique and specific personalities not particularly deigned to appeal to everyone at once, each one has it's perks and drawbacks and not of them are angelic except maybe the earth/life xenos. They're really well written overall.

Edited by blockEdragon

The new adults are absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the Umbras.

Though, I'm in agreement with a few others here: less than 24 hours is not really a good amount of time for a new release anymore, especially when you're releasing so many breeds. One or two breeds, that is probably an okay time period, but seven? Especially considering so many people had problems with lag and errors during the release.