TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

i never even got any, and they are gone now, wth, what happened to at least a 24 hour release, its hard enough when its one or two eggs but when its all biomes and 6 eggs its damn near impossible. So not happy.

Posted (edited)

Wait, so like no 24h release? Or they will pop up every 5 mins as first dragons till tomorrow?

... I love their colors tho.

Edited by Tokusa

Mixing already?  Well, that's disappointing given the surprise 7th hybrid egg and having it flood as mostly the only one for a while.  I guess it's off to find some trades now.  For the sake of my trades, I hope TJ doesn't "fix" things by changing or removing the hybrid eggs we've all caught.

(*grumble grumble* ...and I only just got the last few CB Pargulas I needed from last month's release, never mind trying to breed the new hybrids... *grumble grumble*)

Yeah, this particular release is pretty strange, I gave up on collecting all the variants and just lurk here waiting for any official announcement. 

10 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

You never know, maybe once the new Xeno's grow up they combined with the old ones might've gained a new BSA that summons that new mystery egg (like the Zyu's can do) but the new egg was somehow accidently released upon us? 😛 

Oh geez please not stuffs like the Zyus again.

Was happy to see more Xenos but not happy the old eggs are mixing in already. With so many different eggs to catch, it is already hard. These large releases are too much sometimes.

I just came back after being inactive since I got too frustrated before. It might just happen again soon 😔

Welp, I guess I'll wait for the 7th one to be in the market then, it seems.

Don't like how this is being handled at all. So much confusion and so little time to catch the cool boys 😕

I think it should be at least a 24h before mixing if we're gonna have stuff like "mystery eggs" and so many new types.

7 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

i never even got any, and they are gone now, wth, what happened to at least a 24 hour release, its hard enough when its one or two eggs but when its all biomes and 6 eggs its damn near impossible. So not happy.

New releases are almost never that long. Every so often, (I believe the last release had a longer flood than usual?) but normally new-release floods usually have old eggs mixing in after 8-12 hours or so.

I realize this all *might* be a glitch, but this isn't really *that* unusual of a release. A mystery egg that isn't in the first post, that has happened before. Those linked mystery eggs having lower times can easily be explained because they were not in the first post, so whatever time TJ's normal ones hatched at, these ones didn't because they have a lot less views (since they aren't immediately viewable in that first post). 

Also, I get the excitement of wanting to get all the new ones right away, but you don't *have* to catch them all on the first day. They are permanent releases, they will be around tomorrow and next week and next month. Yes *some* fairly-uncommon breeds are harder to get for awhile after the flood (I do remember the Coppers!), but the majority of new releases show up very often in the biomes, even months later. 

1 minute ago, Arkee said:

Welp, I guess I'll wait for the 7th one to be in the market then, it seems.

Don't like how this is being handled at all. So much confusion and so little time to catch the cool boys 😕

I think it should be at least a 24h before mixing if we're gonna have stuff like "mystery eggs" and so many new types.

Agreed, a release with 7 new eggs shouldn't really have regular eggs coming in so soon, especially with the "flow" eggs...

I suppose I better be saving up some more shards.

8 minutes ago, Moranna said:

, I hope TJ doesn't "fix" things by changing or removing the hybrid eggs we've all caught.

I feel like I would be the only one not sad if TJ removed or changed my 2 random eggs, if he removes them its eh no biggie but if he changes them thats a win for me since one of mine is from the Alpine and that's the only one I'm missing lol.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh geez please not stuffs like the Zyus again.

Hey you never know lol, plus didn't mind the Zyu's summoning gimmick but that's just me of course 😛 

21 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

The mystery drives more activity on the site, thus more ad views.

Summed it up nicely! 

Posted (edited)

Why are you guys calling theym "hybrids" if they drop in the biomes? https://dragcave.net/lineage/xA0ss

that's misleading to newcomers

I'm super glad they aren't a sino thing, sino's lack of hatchlings ruined my scroll after so many years of my hard work:/ I'd be even more heartbroken to see any more of sth like that added, I already feel super discriminated as a player (patern-based playstyle) and was on the verge of quitting (and only the time already spent stops me)

Edited by VixenDra

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

New releases are almost never that long. Every so often, (I believe the last release had a longer flood than usual?) but normally new-release floods usually have old eggs mixing in after 8-12 hours or so.

I realize this all *might* be a glitch, but this isn't really *that* unusual of a release. A mystery egg that isn't in the first post, that has happened before. Those linked mystery eggs having lower times can easily be explained because they were not in the first post, so whatever time TJ's normal ones hatched at, these ones didn't because they have a lot less views (since they aren't immediately viewable in that first post). 

Also, I get the excitement of wanting to get all the new ones right away, but you don't *have* to catch them all on the first day. They are permanent releases, they will be around tomorrow and next week and next month. Yes *some* fairly-uncommon breeds are harder to get for awhile after the flood (I do remember the Coppers!), but the majority of new releases show up very often in the biomes, even months later. 

I think the last one was longer because BIRTHDAY ! This one feels pretty standard to me - except for a rogie egg showing up part way through. The original Xenos were tough too, IIRC.

1 minute ago, smokeytripod said:

I feel like I would be the only one not sad if TJ removed or changed my 2 random eggs, if he removes them its eh no biggie but if he changes them thats a win for me since one of mine is from the Alpine and that's the only one I'm missing lol.

Hey you never know lol, plus didn't mind the Zyu's summoning gimmick but that's just me of course 😛 

I would be upset if the flow eggs disappeared too. But I didn't like the Zyu thing - not least because until TJ tweaked some,. I only got girls - LOADS of them; my harem became something of a standing joke, and I had to keep catching / breeding more zyus - which I didn't want for themselves - to have any chance at all.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Why are you guys calling theym "hybrids" if they drop in the biomes? https://dragcave.net/lineage/xA0ss

that's misleading to newcomers

Because when they first showed up it was as bred eggs - there's a post WAY back by shadowdrake with what you need to breed to what. Then all of a sudden they hit the biomes.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Because when they first showed up it was as bred eggs - there's a post WAY back by shokomon with what you need to breed to what. Then all of a sudden they hit the biomes.

The more misleading it is to continue calling them that:o

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Because when they first showed up it was as bred eggs - there's a post WAY back by shokomon with what you need to breed to what. Then all of a sudden they hit the biomes.

About that, is there a specific pairing for getting the "flow" eggs? Or is it just something that happens when you breed xenowyrms?

16 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

MORE XENOS?

My thoughts exactly! I wasn't expecting this, and I am locked with AP goodies. I look forward to the challenge of grabbing them once I unlock!

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

The more misleading it is to continue calling them that:o

But so far we haven't seen that they *aren't* hybrids. Yes, they are dropping in the biomes, but they can *also* be bred as hybrids, at least so far. That might be a glitch but we don't know that yet. Right now they can accurately be called hybrids because it's been proven that they can be bred.

According to the Dragon Cave Wiki:

Hybrids are particular types of dragons that can only be produced by cross-breeding certain combinations of dragons. These dragons cannot be found in the biomes.

So these are not hybrids. Xenos have other mechanics.

So many pretty colors! Gotta catch them all hehe~

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

But so far we haven't seen that they *aren't* hybrids. Yes, they are dropping in the biomes, but they can *also* be bred as hybrids, at least so far. That might be a glitch but we don't know that yet. Right now they can accurately be called hybrids because it's been proven that they can be bred.

I have a CB! https://dragcave.net/lineage/xA0ss

and old Xenos also breed other variants at random when bred true https://dragcave.net/progeny/LqG5g, not to mention when bred to other breeds, I'd expect them to produce that all-biome egg as well as this would match to what Xenos already do.

(Following the logic you mentioned ALL Xenos are hybrids... and I've never seen them referred to as such)

Edited by VixenDra

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are they really breeding as hybrids, though? Or as examples of Xenos throwing out random Xenos when bred?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, schmupti said:

Are they really breeding as hybrids, though? Or as examples of Xenos throwing out random Xenos when bred?

I have a CB! https://dragcave.net/lineage/xA0ss

meaning they can't be hybrids or they wouldn't have a CB variant we(=not-TJ players) can own, as ALL DC hybrids are bred only (and the only player-owned CB hybrids are HM prizes from the old raffles, which are special-circumstances exceptions)

Edited by VixenDra

No NOT all xenos are hybrids. But when the flow eggs first appeared it was only as hybrids, and many of us are wondering if their appearance in the biomes is actually a glitch. Only time will tell.

i gotta be honest, these release times are getting ridiculously small. 😕

the eggs look really lovely tho, especially the lighter desert one. reminds me of a summer beach with bright towels buried in sand. =]