TJ09

2020-06-27 - June Dragon Release

oooooo this is exciting

gonna take me weeks to get them all considering my hunting skills

but a welcomed suprise non the less-

When I first spotted this, I was kind of disappointed that there was a large release of a non-new idea, but now I think I've figured it out and am feeling more enthusiastic. There are twelve elements, so it would make sense that there would be twelve xenowyrms. I suspect the alt-text egg is a 'balance' wyrm - eevee to the other xenos' eons. Now, there will be a noodle for all your elemental magic needs! And we can learn the final names of all the elemental spirits. It would be fun to see that information added to the "elements" page in the encyclopaedia when the novelty of this release ebbs. 

12 hours ago, multicharbar said:

Dragon Cave @ everyone right now:

GIF by Giffffr

I laughed way harder at that than I should have. I managed to get one so far. Very curious to see what these awesome ones look like. Still adore the Gaia's and Chrono's from the first wave.

Got one of each of the biome egg (currently locked until my two Almathean eggs hatch) - though I had to make a tough call which Volcano egg to abandon after accidentally getting two (both had nice codes...)

Now to hopefully get that coursing egg later 

2 forest (because I never met a teal/aqua I didn't like and I hope I'll love them as much as Chrono Xenos), and 1 each of the others.  As soon as the egg I can't dump hatches, I'm trying to decide between another jungle or volcano.  The colors alone are mesmerizing... *hypnosis complete*

How often does the DC biomes drop eggs? I never see any eggs and I don't wanna miss out lol

Every 5 minutes...bigger drops on the top and bottom of the hour

There's a purple one.... :wub:

Did I mention Purple's my favorite color? *huggles her purple xeno worm tightly and squees*

And the same description as the last ones...I do not have time for this.  I want to have fun, enjoy myself, not spend hours trying to find eggs and then having to wait to abandon them because they are not the right ones.  Once they start mixing in, I will have to give up.  Life is too short and  this is not a pleasure :( 

I haven't even been able to get what I want from the last release.

7 minutes ago, daba555 said:

And the same description as the last ones...I do not have time for this.  I want to have fun, enjoy myself, not spend hours trying to find eggs and then having to wait to abandon them because they are not the right ones.  Once they start mixing in, I will have to give up.  Life is too short and  this is not a pleasure :( 

There is one different color for each biome. Once you figure which color can be found where the rest is just a matter of how merciful the lag monster is.

purple - jungle

blue - coast

teal - alphine

orangish blue - dessert

green - forest

redish grey - volcano

new mystery egg - (not sure? probably random)

4 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Breed count might help answer the question--I've got 261 with zero neglected, so the max would be 262.  Is anyone one above that with the new egg?  I have all six from the first post--

Oh hey, I forgot about that - while I wait for a few necessary eggs to hatch and clear slots, I can drive myself batty wondering what I'm missing besides the new Unxeno.

Ey finally caught one from the alpine, I can only have 5 egg slots so hoping to get 1 each from Coast, Desert, Forest and Jungle next

24 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Same descriptions always annoy me too, both practically and conceptually. (I mean, the eggs look VISIBLY DIFFERENT. It should not be impossible to tell them apart!)

However, in this case, since xenos are fairly rare, if you pick up the wrong color xeno by accident you will be able to just trade it for something else you want. Unlike if you want a frill egg and pick up a horse because they have the same description--there's nothing to do then but wait and drop it. But with a xeno even if you get the wrong one, worst case scenario you are left with a valuable CB egg you can trade! I will take that deal. :-)

I'm more worried about what this is going to do to xeno breeding lineages. Some people have already been posting pictures of their old xenos breeding new xeno eggs. It could make it really, really hard to continue checkers...

Has anyone successfully bred a "secret" egg since they dropped in the cave?

I somehow managed to catch 3 eggs from the coast, so now I will need to wait for the 5 hour wait before I am able to try to trade them for other eggs.  I am unsure whether or not I will want to keep 2 of them 

definitely excited for this release! but if I'm being completely honest a bit disappointed at the way the yellow, green, and red eggs were colored. it looks more like something mucky got stuck on them rather than mana coursing through...the other eggs look lovely though.

54 minutes ago, daba555 said:

in the worst case there's always the shard shop nowadays, it's a huge stress reliever

Oh yay, the hatchlings are starting to gender.

Eta: Did not expect the purple ones to be spiky. Exciting!

Edited by Jazeki

14 hours ago, icearashi said:

(not mine, it’s shared on DC official discord)

Some possible explanations: Balance type? 

9D1E19F7-3694-465C-92DB-F95F1118D010.jpeg

I hope that if someone happen to grab it from the cave to reveal it here XD i really want to know if it's a 7th egg, breedable only or has some mechanics like Gon and Sinomorph.

The last option would be my favourite, as I really like the idea of these powerful breeds "leading" the others.

Xenowyrms have been one of the best sprites relased, I'm so happy we got even more.

1 hour ago, daba555 said:

Actually kind of this.  I was locked when the release happened, which is my own silly fault - six are incu-hatchable today, one might get there before the release ends at midnight, and one definitely will not.  And the one that won't I literally waited seven years to breed and it's absolutely not tossable.  I am also still lacking a few species/morphs from the past two releases.  But even if I'd had all my egg slots open, I wouldn't have been able to catch a pair of each new one, which is what I always try to do when new breeds come out.  I'm tempted to leave the flow morph to catch at a later time because their description is unique, but judging by the ratios we're seeing they will be actual rares and I should get them while the gettin' is good. 

I'm really feeling the pressure of back-to-back seven breed releases with the second release being all new morphs of uncommon/rares, and just have my fingers crossed that I can grab all the new ones before they hit their ratios and stop dropping at new release levels! 😅

Edited by Maiden

It's dropping in all biomes now.