camelia2

BSA Purify (Amalthean)

I think we need a BSA Purify to wear off influence from eggs.

Candidate: Amalthean

I keep seeing situations of missinfluence and the pain they bring. Sure, trading or abandoning the egg makes it wear off and you could have someone return the egg, but this is a pain and not allways possible (market egg, fool mint), also risky with a valuable egg and for the general level of 'no-usless-interaction' this game is comitted to this really has to change as for a solo player to be able to revert it.

Now, sure, I never missinfluenced an egg and you might say we don't need it, but there are players out there that mistake often, some from medical problems related to memory, some just being human and doing an oupsie. Best part is it wouldn't affect those who don't want it, just don't use it. Let's make DC better.

As a way to keep balance and 'risk' DC seems to like, Purify cleans the egg of all magic applyed: Influence and Incubate; and allows reapplying.

The candidate dragon Amalthean.

Tbh I think all of us expected Amalthean to have a BSA when they got released. It would fit from every aspect.

1st, the other hybrid of White has BSA too. A hardly useful one. 'Purify' follows the pattern.

2nd it would fit lore-wise. They are cleaners, purifiers.

''The water sources they live near are astonishingly clear and pure, and have been found to contain medicinal properties. These dragons are known for their ability to cure any disease, wound, or poison, as well as the purification of any water they come across.''

12 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

there are players out there that mistake often

Or, you know, sometimes I just change my mind and then need a bounce.

Anyway, did you talk to the creators of the Amalthean about this?

Personally, I prefer this proposed solution:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

So do I. And it's always a bit dodgy trying to graft a BSA on to an existing dragon - unless the creator decided to do it. Simply reinfluencing is much simpler.

10 hours ago, camelia2 said:

1st, the other hybrid of White has BSA too. A hardly useful one. 'Purify' follows the pattern.

Why do you think it isn't useful? I certainly used it. Thrice.

Personally, I think Amaltheans would be more likely to be able to cure sickness than anything else. Or maybe cure neglecteds ("sick" dragons) back into their original breed. (The latter would be about as useful as Expunge, if you think about it...)

Never used it once...why would you? After struggling for months to get a zombie.... to make it disapear? I never saw the reason of that BSA

Reinfluencing is simplier, but this game hates simple things... and is set on a win some-lose some mind (need of a magi to teleport, slots, AP, misscolors, neglected, earthquake etc) so I don't think the simple 'reinflunce' will make the cut. Purify keeps things 'fun'

If I recall corectly, the artist said he wanted a BSA for them but didn't said what.

It woldn't be first BSA added after the release of the dragon.

But the thought needs to come from the artist/creator. Not just because a user or two thinks it would be good. (and in this particular case I'd have thought heal would have been more appropriate to the dragon, anyway.)

Allow reinfluencing seems a far better idea. You'd lose a pink CD over it - big deal.

36 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Never used it once...why would you? After struggling for months to get a zombie.... to make it disapear? I never saw the reason of that BSA

E.g. when you zombified a dragon with lineage, and somewhere along that lineage another owner decided to do something you don't like, e.g. change a name to something specific, kill a dragon in there, you used to be stuck with an unwanted zombie. Or you decided you don't actually like that sprite. Or or or - there are reasons, even if you don't see them.

With Soulpeaces, no longer a problem.

Back before the zombie sprite update, I decided that I didn't want to have zombies (after making three). So I used Expunge.

54 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

A few times I accidentally made more zombies than I want (e.g. forgot I already had a S2 male eastern or whatever it actually was, especially easy during Halloween when there are lots of fodders and it's easy to loose track which fodders not to try if things turn along the way, happened)

I have a minimalistic scroll and any doubled zombie must go https://dragcave.net/group/13377 and since they don't have a Release button... true one doesn't use Expunge a lot, but it's still needed

3 hours ago, camelia2 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but didnt Zombies used to permanently take up a kill slot? I thought this BSA was put in to counter than originally before it was changed to the current system?

That aside, I could see something like this being useful for those who made a mistake and dont have the luxury of trading the egg...I wouldn't use it myself but hey, I dont use half of DC's features anyhow.

Yes they did. But I don't think both happened at the same time - 

Undeads used to permanently take up the kill slots used to create them. This was an unintended occurrence, and since October 2011, zombie-held kill slots have been released. Currently, any kill slot used to create an Undead will return after 2 weeks, exactly the same as a kill slot used for any other purpose. At one point, Undead dragons could not be removed from scrolls. This has changed with the Soulpeace Dragon and its Expunge BSA.

Soulpeaces (with expunge) showed up in 2013.

I have to agree that if Amaltheans ever got a BSA some sort of 'Heal' would make more sense. And most likely be useful to a larger number of users. I 100% support the ability to re-influence, but I don't think a new BSA is the way to go.