Sign in to follow this  
Issacwild

am i allowed to make a minecraft mod based on dragoncave?

im by no means a skilled modder but i recently got into modding minecraft and adding custom mobs and blocks to it.

im wondering if i would be allowed make a dragoncave based modpack as i love the designs and i find them inspiring on a bad day.

no i dont plan on making money off this(how would you even do that its agains minecrafts tos) 

if yes i can post updates once i start it. if no then ill drop it and do somethng else.

please and ty for your time

To start, I believe you would have to ask the artists for their permission to use their designs in some highly-advertized way. I'm not sure of the logistics of it all though. It's almost similar to fanart, but also not similar at all... Perhaps someone else more experiencee with the sprite/use end can share their thoughts?

- and that would be a LOT of artists. And best not to use any art from artists who are no longer active.

If you're straight up using art on another platform, no. DC's dragon sprites are for use on DC only. Fanart is one thing, and I've seen people using minecraft to do pixel art, but just straight up using sprites I believe violates the agreement that DC has w/ artists.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Kaini said:

If you're straight up using art on another platform, no. DC's dragon sprites are for use on DC only. Fanart is one thing, and I've seen people using minecraft to do pixel art, but just straight up using sprites I believe violates the agreement that DC has w/ artists.

if i make the mod ill be making animated voxel models of the dragons i do

Sign in to follow this