snoesiepoes

Restrict the number of eggs you can breed per 24h

I suggest restricting the number of eggs you can breed per 24h. Like, I don't know, 25/day? (That's just a random nr)

We have all seen it. Certain people, mass-breed and clogging up the AP with eggs that nobody wants. Like eggs with messy lineages up to 84th (!!) gen (yes, again, 84th...).

When you hunt the AP for specific eggs, or just to find something nice, it's no fun at all when you see the first mass-bred egg from the same user, every week.

Because you know that for the next 4h or 5h, you don't need to look at the AP anymore: it's full of random eggs. With ugly, messy, inbred lineages, and common on top of that.

So I suggest a limit.

Limiting the breeding per scroll was met rather negatively in this thread: 

- but it might be worth revisiting the topic there and bumping that overall thread? :)

No support, sorry. As I have said in the other thread :) 

Nope. Not a fan. We discussed this to death in the thread that pinkgothic linked and there are much better ways to deal with walls.

No support. Some days, I breed a ton of things consecutively to give away or trade--usually upwards of 24 eggs, if my dragons are being cooperative. Outside of normal breeding, this would severely restrict people who are holiday breeding stuff when most holidays multi-clutch. There are other more constructive suggestions and ways to deal with mass breeding to be considered than to just cut breeding off at x number of eggs. We already have no egg, no interest, and refusals to restrict breeding enough with normal activity.

I don’t support this at all. Sometimes I’ll breed ~100 2gen purebred dragons of various breeds, mainly BSAs, as well as metals and tinsels for the AP. These arent what you are bothered by, but if I was limited to 25 breedings a day I’d stop it entirely because I dont want my personal breeding impacted by what I breed for the AP. Plenty of others do massbreeds from great lineages. And part of the fun of the AP imo is sorting through the “junk”. 

if someone wants to spend 6 hours of their day breeding 200 eggs into the AP i think that's their prerogative

9 hours ago, Sundew said:

if someone wants to spend 6 hours of their day breeding 200 eggs into the AP i think that's their prerogative

Amen to that. We all get to play as we wish. The way to go - for those who worry about walls - seems to be restricting  the number of eggs from any single player that show in the AP at any one time.

Also no support. As linked above, a breeding limit has been discussed and ultimately decided against. There are better wall solutions that don't punish everyone on DC for the actions of a handful.

Not everyone breeds the kind of walls you hate. Plenty breed variety walls of good things--2gs, checkers, stairs, "pretty things" as most would say. That would also mostly end with this idea, except for the guys who would bear with it and breed all their good stuff--25 a day--for weeks and weeks because their kind souls override the breeding limit punishment they too have been dealt. I know I for sure would no longer breed my goodies for the AP, I way surpass 25, lol.

There's also the fact that people with large lineages who are fighting ratios would suffer from this as well. If I have to breed 30 mints to get a 2G gold from one, I don't think that should be limited.

I'm not a huge breeder...but during the holidays this would massively mess things up on people finding eggs they want (remeber holidays throw multiple eggs...and with that, you could reach your limit by only breeding 6 dragons). Thus, massively limiting the amount of 'nice' lineages one might find.

Not to mention, Celestial dragons are also multi egg clutches no matter what time of year (due to how breeding works for them). While I suspect some of this idea comes from the occasional Celestial walls that appear...it would hurt those who breed 'nice' Celestials as well as the 'messy' ones.

Plus, there will always be people willing to 'clear' an egg wall. I know I've done my share more than once on clearing 'unwanted'. Sorry, but no support from me.

I just don't bother hunting from the AP anymore.  Too filled with junk.

I'm against a limit. I'm usually not a mass breeder, but I have really many beautiful holiday lineages and on holidays I usually breed all of them so that people can enjoy them.

By the way, I know at least two persons who are actively looking for extremely high generation messy dragons, so you can't say there is no one who wants them. There are as many ways to play DC as there are players after all.

3 hours ago, Astreya said:

By the way, I know at least two persons who are actively looking for extremely high generation messy dragons, so you can't say there is no one who wants them. There are as many ways to play DC as there are players after all.

Guilty! 😊 The overgeneralizations on this sort of thread is always especially frustrating to me, while it's true that many vocal users get annoyed with walls and finding a lot of messies, it is certainly *not* true that *nobody* wants them. And many people forget (or just don't mention) that there are still many users out there who don't care about lineages in any way, and often don't even check the lineage at all. 

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Guilty! 😊 The overgeneralizations on this sort of thread is always especially frustrating to me, while it's true that many vocal users get annoyed with walls and finding a lot of messies, it is certainly *not* true that *nobody* wants them. And many people forget (or just don't mention) that there are still many users out there who don't care about lineages in any way, and often don't even check the lineage at all. 

I'm one of them, I will grab any white egg regardless of the lineage/gen number/inbreeding. And regardless of what my plans were for egg hunting prior to seeing the lost little eggs. XD

I breed 1 CB (or 2g if I didn't manage to get CBs or there's no obtainable CB at all) pair per breed/alt
for shards, to expand progenies of my pairs (you know there are nearly 250 unique breedable breeds? I wouln't be able to work on the last thing that's left for me on DC save for last zombies and most recent release frozens if this suggestion was implemented)

why do you want to restrict me too and the breed diversity I'm contributing whenever I breed my scroll to AP? 

AP can get monotonous also because of ratios or because certain breeeds are used for lineages more often than others game-wide, also, walls are often a result of cooperative mass breedings between users, those who enjoy making walls WILL still succeed in making them, they'll just need even more coordination but they'll manage if they want to.
And the Cave itself isn't very diverse (I often come to get a common for zombie fodder and end up seing 3 of one breed in a biome, and can't find my common for hours), why do you expect the AP to be more diverse than the biomes so much?

Also, if the wall is of a reasonably and carefully picked breed, it can help with commonXcommon checker breeding projects (where one breed is overproduced over the other and some take months to finally get 1 egg of the other breed), which I don't do (yet, there's literally 1 I'll start in winter) but which keeps vast majority of the playerbase still playing the game. Their lives are already hard! (and they need to breed as many eggs as possible(=as many chances as possible) to make their projects finally proceed), such a wall helps the ratios of the overproduced breed.

Also, don't forget halloween Spriter's alt owners, guess you want a chance to grab one of the SA 2gs (I see plenty of people begging for them in the market)? because you can reduce your chances if you restrict per-scroll breedings.

Anyway.

I don't want yet another of my few goals (minimal sets of 5 per breed/alt with the 3 frozens related to my adult pair unless unbreedable then all 5 CB - which is laready impossible, and large progenies that scream "this pair is monogamous" which this suggestion would kill) to get broken:/

Generally, regardless of what I said

please no

let everyone have fun with their own scrolls and don't limit it

Edited by VixenDra

I support limiting the amount of one breeder's eggs that are displayed but not limiting breeding. At least when it's not a wall it's not all the same common. 

Aw, this would make it harder to massbreed BSAs. I have a group of CB and nice-lineaged BSAs that I periodically go through and breed (did so last night), and it's easier to breed them all in one chunk than have to breed a certain amount every day in a row. I like putting BSAs in the AP, since they're helpful for everyone.

Also, like VixenDra pointed out, breeding is a good way to make shards; that's often my method of filling out my weekly allotment.

There are other good ideas for making the AP less wall-prone (like in the thread linked above), though, so I'm sure we can figure out something that pleases most people. ^u^

No support. Even if I was in favour of stopping people making walls and stuff, which I am not, this method for enforcing it would cause problems for other people.

Also, if you see 84G eggs, please send them to me, I'm actually working on a breeding project where I breed together incredibly messy lineages to make more incredibly messy lineages.

I would support limiting breeding, or many other methods of breaking up or restricting the walls.

If the primary motivation is dealing with "clogging" the AP, I don't think breeding restrictions are the solution to stop people from breeding. The thread linked in the second post has solutions that I think have a high likelihood of dealing with the problem without severely restricting the ability of people to breed their dragons. I'm going to close this thread and direct everyone's attention there since I think display-side fixes are the way to go.