talistech

possible abandoned eggs glitch?

I keep trying to grab an egg, but it keeps saying that someone has already taken it despite when refreshing and leaving the page and coming back, the egg is still there. Is this a glitch? Does the abandoned eggs area just work in a strange way? I'm not sure what's going on. 

Two possibilities I can think of right off.

1. It is an egg that you bred on your scroll or picked up from the cave and abandoned from your scroll and no one else has picked it up and dropped it, yet.

2. It is an egg that you already picked up and abandoned once and no one else has picked it up since you dropped it.

Most commonly for me, it's an egg I picked up and dropped back in.

In short, you cannot pick up an egg whose last owner was you.

No, they're correct, it's doing it to me as well. It's not eggs I've bred or have grabbed before. When I hit the back button to return to the ap, the eggs haven't shuffled as they normally would. They're all in the exact same positions and I can click on the same one repeatedly, unless I hit the refresh icon in the browser bar. Very strange!

I'm also noticing a weirdness in the biomes. Normally, after I've caught an egg and hit the back button, it takes me back to a fresh set of eggs, but right now, it's the same set of eggs over and over unless I hit that top refresh button.

This is completely different than normal play for me.

(I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus, if that has any bearing on anything)

7 minutes ago, Uther_Pendragon said:

No, they're correct, it's doing it to me as well. It's not eggs I've bred or have grabbed before. When I hit the back button to return to the ap, the eggs haven't shuffled as they normally would. They're all in the exact same positions and I can click on the same one repeatedly, unless I hit the refresh icon in the browser bar. Very strange!

I'm also noticing a weirdness in the biomes. Normally, after I've caught an egg and hit the back button, it takes me back to a fresh set of eggs, but right now, it's the same set of eggs over and over unless I hit that top refresh button.

This is completely different than normal play for me.

(I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus, if that has any bearing on anything)

The back button has a tendency to not refresh the page you're on. Especially if you're using the back button in your browser, you'll need to refresh the page for any changes to show. For me, it only happens occasionally but for many people it's always what happens. 

Yeah, for me the back button used to not update at all but it started doing so awhile ago. Probably a browser/os specific thing.

3 hours ago, Paintra said:

The back button has a tendency to not refresh the page you're on. Especially if you're using the back button in your browser, you'll need to refresh the page for any changes to show. For me, it only happens occasionally but for many people it's always what happens. 

Yeah, the back button can be finicky no matter what browser you use, I believe. There is a reason most government-application sites warn to not use the back button on the browser, it doesn't always behave the way you would think. I always refresh the AP immediately after going back to it and the eggs move etc, everything seems to be working normally there. It's just when you use the back button the eggs don't really *refresh*, it just goes 'back' to where you were before.

Edited by HeatherMarie

The backbutton thing has always been the case for me for the AP; it would sometimes refresh the page tho. The biomes used to refresh after going back, they recently have stopped doing so.

Im finding a new weirdness! Basically pages randomly become unclickable, i.e. no links work, and I (iphone) have to close and reopen safari/the tab to make it work. Weird. I wonder if its connected to that refresh change, as it started about the same time as it. 

That's interesting! I've been doing the back button thing since I've had my phone, (so a couple of years), and this is the first time I've had the weird. I'm not a fan, lol.

RuffledFeathers, I'm noticing the same thing as your new weirdness, and not just for this site.