Impulsive_Egg

The Procreate Art App Thread

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the general discussions or the site discussions, so if one fits better than the other then please move this thread there

BUT

I was wondering if anyone on this site uses the Procreate app to make their art; specifically if any of the spriters use procreate to make their sprites? That's my preferred medium as opposed to doing it on the computer. I have yet to fully explore the sprite tutorials provided in the DR section, but I'll get there.

If any of the spriters do use Procreate, do you have any suggestions/tips for making them that way?

Not a mod, but I suspect this one might be better down in Multimedia. I've seen a bunch of art threads there.

Also, the name of the app is a little confusing. Maybe I'm just an old fogey or something, but I clicked on the thread seriously thinking that "Procreate" was perhaps some sort of fertility tracking app for people trying to start or increase their families. Feel perfectly free to laugh at my confuzzlement. 🤣🤣

13 hours ago, catstaff said:

Also, the name of the app is a little confusing. Maybe I'm just an old fogey or something, but I clicked on the thread seriously thinking that "Procreate" was perhaps some sort of fertility tracking app for people trying to start or increase their families. Feel perfectly free to laugh at my confuzzlement. 🤣🤣

you have been laughed at!

I edited the title to relieve some confusion. When I searched the forums for a thread about the app that might already exist, I saw a lot of the word "procreate" being used in the fertility sense, so when I made this thread I tried to be more specific but I guess I didn't quite hit my mark.