Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Impulsive_Egg

Sup

My name is Charlie and I'm 21 years old. I've been a player of Dragon Cave since I was introduced to internet forums way back from when I was a wee lad (12), but I'm only now deciding to join these forums because I have hopes of helping to make designs for future DC dragons, as the creatures have always been a huge interest of mine.

I am fundamentally a storyteller, but I am also attending an art college so I can improve as a visual artist (and make money lol). I also love video games, books, storytelling, worldbuilding, and I have an interest in mythology and folklore. 

I do not know what to expect from this community, but I am happy to join it nonetheless!

Hello and welcome! Good luck designing a dragon!

What kinds of stories do you like to tell? Which games do you like to play? I'm an avid gamer myself. :) 

Which mythologies and folklore are your favorites?

11 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

What kinds of stories do you like to tell? Which games do you like to play? I'm an avid gamer myself. :) 

Which mythologies and folklore are your favorites?

I love adventure and action, first and foremost. I main in fantasy/medieval settings, I've also played with a few science-fiction ideas, one of which had a dystopian setting back when those kinds of books were all anyone wanted to read. But what setting I really love is steampunk, and I can't exactly explain why. 

With video games I really love anything that I can sink hundreds of hours into and never get bored. I play minecraft, league of legends, the sims, and call me basic but I have about 1700 hours pumped into Skyrim and I regret none of them.

I'll be honest, I haven't deeply studied mythology and folklore but once I find a good platform to do that in, then I know I'll be obsessed. I guess to rephrase, I enthuse mythology, just because I think it's neat.

thanks for the welcome! :D

Welcome to the forums!  I aspire to put that many hours into Skyrim by the time I'm done with it...I've never played it before this year, and I don't know why....I LOVE it!

Hope to see you around. :D

2 hours ago, multicharbar said:

I love adventure and action, first and foremost. I main in fantasy/medieval settings, I've also played with a few science-fiction ideas, one of which had a dystopian setting back when those kinds of books were all anyone wanted to read. But what setting I really love is steampunk, and I can't exactly explain why. 

With video games I really love anything that I can sink hundreds of hours into and never get bored. I play minecraft, league of legends, the sims, and call me basic but I have about 1700 hours pumped into Skyrim and I regret none of them.

I'll be honest, I haven't deeply studied mythology and folklore but once I find a good platform to do that in, then I know I'll be obsessed. I guess to rephrase, I enthuse mythology, just because I think it's neat.

thanks for the welcome! :D

You're welcome!

Have you tried Persona 5? I'm hesitating to get it because it's a solid 120 hours easy, and I still have Breath of the Wild, several games from the Tales franchise, and several Final Fantasy games to get through. 

Skyrim's been released 8 times, it's definitely not basic to still be playing it. ;) 

Welcome to the DC forums! I love storytelling/worldbuilding as well, and I spend a lot of time trying to perfect my craft! I look forward to seeing you around :D