XandrosPyriusAles

ANSWERED:Guilds

This might be redundant but I think it might work.

Guilds could be specific area of the Forum for threads where friends can chat and list/breed/hatch/trade dragons with each other. Different Guilds could do different things depending on their players interests.

Edited by XandrosPyriusAles

Hi, have you visited the rest of the forum yet?  There are different areas of the site that already have what you are suggesting. Site discussions is divided into sections depending on what players are interested in and want to do, including breeding and trading. 

https://forums.dragcave.net/forum/4-site-discussion/

If you want to chat, that can be done via private message on here or through the DC discord or other social media links listed on the front page of the main site. There are also plenty of fan sites that you and other players can visit or join. 

This can easily be achieved in group private messages. If you want each guild to be for groups of friends, you'd not want them out in the open, I think.

See redundant, although I should have been more precise, I was thinking it can be used for breeding/collecting competitions or something similar

That is already done here, in other sections of the forum. Primarily in Breeding (under the Site Discussion section) and in Forum Games (down in the General Discussion section). A lot of breeding and collecting competitions get hosted in Forum Games but those are open to the entire forums, for the most part. You can poke around in there and see if that meets the criteria of what you want to do.

Guilds bring to mind an exclusive group, which you can do yourself through PMs or other fanmade servers, such as the Discord and such. A lot of the things you want to do exclusively between yourself and specific others are better off done through PM or your own servers since if you try to make an exclusive thread here, I don't believe there is any way to keep anyone not in that group out of it.

Edited by animatedrose
clarification on my last point

No, don't. It's okay. If you need more help navigating stuff here and on the site itself, there is a Mentoring thing here to help with that. It's very useful.

Edited by animatedrose
had to find the link

I was just poking fun at myself. I'll remember this for future reference

Everyone was new once, and asked questions that were answered somewhere here. I know I did. It's alright.

Don't ever feel dumb for asking questions. When I first joined I was terrified to post anywhere outside of Site Discussion for fear of offending anyone, it's how we learn and grow. As others have pointed out, there are a number of options already in existence on the forums that will fulfill what you're asking for here, so I will go ahead and close this. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!