Nagapie

Breed Armies?

I remember many people on this site have come forward with their 'breed armies' before in other topics, but I started to wonder which dragon breeds those armies were dedicated to again as it's been a while since I saw those posts. I'm considering starting a Pillow army myself, but I'm not sure if that has already been done or if I should pick some newer breed.

Anyhow, I thought I'd start this topic since I'd be curious to see what kind of breed armies or breed army plans other players have. So my questions are basically: Are you planning to collect or actively collecting dragons of a specific breed to make an army? Do you perhaps already have so many dragons of some specific breed that the group could be considered an army? For me an army would be 100+ individual dragons of the same breed, but you're free to consider a smaller group an army as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully a topic like this hasn't been made yet. I couldn't find the same kind of topic on a glance at the search results, but I could have missed it.

Edited by Nagapie

An army of 100+ would probably be Storms, Stones, Reds and Purples in my case. There may be more "armies" on my scroll but I don't have time to count now XD

I'm also working on Mageias and Spessartines XD

I have armies (100+) of whites, storms, blacks, golds (!!! I had no idea !), mints, nebulas, pinks, reds, silvers, purple ridgewings and waterhorses (don't you, Ruby Eyes ??)

They just happened to me; I don't do it on purpose !

I have many 'armies', some rather small and some pretty big. I tend to get stuck on certain breeds for awhile and collect a ton of them before eventually moving on. 

My bigger armies: frozen Black hatchlings (around 300 I believe), my 'Falleen clan' of Canopies (mostly frozen, a tad above 100), Celestials (232, didn't realize that!) and my Royal Blues (1,173!). Royal Blues were one of those long 'catch almost nothing but that breed' phases. 

Of course my biggest 'breed army' is my Aqualises. *points to link in sig* They are my precious babies, the group currently stands at 1,311 but I probably have at least 200 more that I just haven't named/grouped yet.

The only ones I've intentionally bred are reds and pinks. I have I think between 5 - 6 hundred reds and probably just under 300 pinks. 

5 hours ago, Nagapie said:

For me an army would be 100+ individual dragons of the same breed

744226170_ScreenShot2020-06-08at4_24_57PM.png.7465a41d5d7b51601b0fb9f8e1d20dfe.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.43.17 AM.png

(i wanted to do a PB EG lineage and, well.... that generates a lot of dragons) ^_^ 

When I played this game back in the day, Blunas were my favorite breed (and still are!). I used to have an army of them, but I couldn’t tell you exactly how many since I can’t find my old scroll anymore. 

This thread was a good reminder that I need to start working on a new Bluna army... ;) 

@Stromboli kudos, that is a seriously impressive army. :D 

I have a white army of almost 400 and brute army of 124. I have a bunch of reds too but they're not in a group. XD

My biggest army... well *points at sig*. 1600+ blacktips, with my second-biggest army being the 900+ celestials I breed the blacktips with when I want to really punch at the ratios and/or AP times. Only do that a couple times a year though, because that's something like 6-10 hours of work! Otherwise I stick to more frequently breeding just my 300-someodd CB blacktip pairs for smaller, cleaner, and generally less obnoxious AP walls.

My beautiful Nocturne group is currently at 3,076+ Nocturnes! I think after that would be Blacks at 640 I don't actively collect those guess it's mostly ap hatchie grabs that didn't alt. 😂

To me, an army isn't just 100+. Having 7000 dragons, breeds I don't go out of my way to collect are gonna number over 100. But that said:

Spinels - 564 at current time: https://dragcave.net/group/102058

Nocturne - 230: https://dragcave.net/group/102061

Shadow Walker - 129; used to actively collect but I have too much to do on Halloween the last few years: https://dragcave.net/group/103478

Looking at the armies some players have I definitely agree my initial statement of 100+ individuals being an army may have been a bit of a low number. :D 

Inspired by all of the fun armies people have, I've decided to indeed start collecting Pillow dragons on the side of my main goal which is getting 2 CB males and 2 CB females from every breed and CB color variation possible. The Pillow Fort is currently only 13 Pillows strong, but you gotta start somewhere, I suppose. I think my first goal will be getting to 500, then 1000 or 1500 depending on how it goes. ^_^

Largest army in Dragon Cave reporting in!  5135 Waters and counting.  Actually with the Waters it's more like a NAVY.

Edited by Leidarendi

Not mine, but this is a rather impressive army: https://dragcave.net/group/4720

I just hit over 1000 greenwings, 700+ celestials and 400+ olives. I have a few other armies as well, though not quite that high.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Up to 894 lunar heralds, somehow.